NFL 2009

Long way to go before they start talking about home field advantage....but if they dont get it I can see the Vikings getting it, and that is also a dome. Let's be honest though, if we can go to Green Bay in a championship game, and win in those extreme conditions then I wouldn't be too worried about playing in the perfect conditions that a dome gives.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long way to go before they start talking about home field advantage....but if they dont get it I can see the Vikings getting it, and that is also a dome. Let's be honest though, if we can go to Green Bay in a championship game, and win in those extreme conditions then I wouldn't be too worried about playing in the perfect conditions that a dome gives.

Oh I would...

While Green Bay was a cold cold day... It was not a million miles away from playing in Giants stadium once the sun goes down...

Play a clinical offense NO and Brees in the dome again would worry me far more...

Anyway like you said, that is a long way away :)

Edited by oafc0000

and I'm sure OAFCMIKE can tell us all what happened in the Superbowl.

Yeah, the best team lost. Still sore about that scabby victory ;)

52-0. Let's hope they've saved some points for Wembley..

How exactly was it scabby? More passing yards, more rushing yards, longer time of possession, more third down conversions, and crucially, more points. On the day, the best team won.

How exactly was it scabby? More passing yards, more rushing yards, longer time of possession, more third down conversions, and crucially, more points. On the day, the best team won.

Oh come on. Manning threw that pass with his eyes shut and it was a fluke the fella came down with it. Fair play, in that game the Giants made more plays but NE was the best team in the league that year by a mile.

It was a bit of luck, but David Tyree still had to go and get it and come down with it. Considering there was a Patriots player basically wrestling him for the ball as he come down, then he deserves a lot of credit. Plus, it wasn't the only play of the game....NE had 60 minutes to secure the win but couldn' do it, And, you can't whine about being the best team but not winning the Superbowl. As a Patriots fan, you must realise that when they beat St Louis in Superbowl 36, St Louis were a far superior team that season....or were you not a Patriots fan before they started dominating?

It was a bit of luck, but David Tyree still had to go and get it and come down with it. Considering there was a Patriots player basically wrestling him for the ball as he come down, then he deserves a lot of credit. Plus, it wasn't the only play of the game....NE had 60 minutes to secure the win but couldn' do it, And, you can't whine about being the best team but not winning the Superbowl. As a Patriots fan, you must realise that when they beat St Louis in Superbowl 36, St Louis were a far superior team that season....or were you not a Patriots fan before they started dominating?

lol.

Easy win for the Pats today...

NO getting beat by the Dolphins...now that's a shock...

I watched the first quarter, but only cos it was at Wembley. Pretty uninteresting game....them Buccs cheerleaders are pretty special though eh!?!

Big game for the Giants tonight. Will be tough. Similar test to last week (ie, secondary will be tested), but i think we can win through. Cardinals don't travel too well to the east, so I hope that continues. Will be tough though. Warner is ace, and Larry Fitz and Boldin are pretty amazing too.

Won't be able to watch live tonight. In work very early tomorrow, so will have to watch it archived tomorrow or Tuesday night I think.

Dolphins are a decent team and the way NO play there always likely to run the risk of interceptions and looking at the stats thats been their downfall.

Also lmao at the Bears and Cutler! He moved to a superbowl contender in the OS, shame their soon to be 3-3 and we're 6-0! slight misjudgement on his part!

I watched the first quarter, but only cos it was at Wembley. Pretty uninteresting game....them Buccs cheerleaders are pretty special though eh!?!

Rubbish game...glad I did not bother going... Most interesting thing is the cheerleaders... Arguably the best in the NFL :)

Seems like we will be getting two international games next year. Fingers crossed for the Giants :)

Big game for the Giants tonight. Will be tough. Similar test to last week (ie, secondary will be tested), but i think we can win through. Cardinals don't travel too well to the east, so I hope that continues. Will be tough though. Warner is ace, and Larry Fitz and Boldin are pretty amazing too.

Won't be able to watch live tonight. In work very early tomorrow, so will have to watch it archived tomorrow or Tuesday night I think.

Yeah its a massive game really. At home and need a boost following last weeks game. Shame you cant watch it. I am working from home tomoz so will be up watching it. :)

Yeah its a massive game really. At home and need a boost following last weeks game. Shame you cant watch it. I am working from home tomoz so will be up watching it. :)

Oh I will watch it...just not live. I'll just make sure I avoid the score and watch it "as live" this week....which should be fun!

Just got back now, really enjoyed the experience. However 84,000 people packed in for a Buccs home fixture really couldn't give Tampa their "home feel". I witnessed a pretty good effort for the Saints last year, but it's still a bit of a novelty yet I reckon...

Rally, rally, rally.... :grin:

However 84,000 people packed in for a Buccs home fixture really couldn't give Tampa their "home feel". I witnessed a pretty good effort for the Saints last year, but it's still a bit of a novelty yet I reckon...

Thing is, the Bucs are a bit 'unfashionable', whereas the Saints are a bit 'cool' with the likes of Brees, Bush, Colston et al in the ranks. Not to mention the second best uniform in the NFL.

I was quite surprised by the amount of Bucs jerseys on show, to be honest.

Last year's game was tons better, though. The worst thing that could've happened yesterday, happened. Early returned pick for the Pats. Game over straight away.

I will refrain from mentioning the score on here :)

I got back about the same time - 01.15

Problem with any NFL game at Wembley is 80% of the non US fans in attendance do not support either team - they are just there to see a live game. I never thought I would cheer for the Bucaneers but I did last night.

Thing is, the Bucs are a bit 'unfashionable', whereas the Saints are a bit 'cool' with the likes of Brees, Bush, Colston et al in the ranks. Not to mention the second best uniform in the NFL.

I was quite surprised by the amount of Bucs jerseys on show, to be honest.

Last year's game was tons better, though. The worst thing that could've happened yesterday, happened. Early returned pick for the Pats. Game over straight away.

Last year there was the "WHODAT" chant and the "DEEEEUUUUUUUUUCE!" shout when he was rushing (look I didn't go last year - I wish I had, but you could hear it on th'telly), but there was none of that yesterday. Even the DEEEEEEE-FENCE! shout was laclustre.

And it wasn't a spectacle of a game either, which wouldn't have helped. Personally though I really enjoyed watching the first half as a neutral, but the second just passed us by to be honest, the Bucs offensive line provided no cover whatsoever and they got mauled.

All in all I'm glad I made the journey down with me Dad (Miami fan from the Marino days), a great experience...

Last year there was the "WHODAT" chant and the "DEEEEUUUUUUUUUCE!" shout when he was rushing (look I didn't go last year - I wish I had, but you could hear it on th'telly), but there was none of that yesterday. Even the DEEEEEEE-FENCE! shout was laclustre.

And it wasn't a spectacle of a game either, which wouldn't have helped. Personally though I really enjoyed watching the first half as a neutral, but the second just passed us by to be honest, the Bucs offensive line provided no cover whatsoever and they got mauled.

All in all I'm glad I made the journey down with me Dad (Miami fan from the Marino days), a great experience...

Yeah Also a Marino fan from when I used to take the newspaper Dolphin Digest coz there was no other way of Dolphin news - Those where the days Marino to the marx brothers - still have a framed programme cover signed by Don shula from when he he broke the winningest coach record of 325 games gainst the eagles in '93.

Stillwe paid £75 each for tix . Will def have to think hard next year before laying out that for third year in a row.

Also felt a bit cheated with no half time show - btw who was the jerk who did the pre-game entertainment ?

Yeah Also a Marino fan from when I used to take the newspaper Dolphin Digest coz there was no other way of Dolphin news - Those where the days Marino to the marx brothers - still have a framed programme cover signed by Don shula from when he he broke the winningest coach record of 325 games gainst the eagles in '93.

Stillwe paid £75 each for tix . Will def have to think hard next year before laying out that for third year in a row.

Also felt a bit cheated with no half time show - btw who was the jerk who did the pre-game entertainment ?

Calvin Harris. It could've been worse...

I thought it was a great game ;)

The Patriots looked slick and like things are coming together, admittedly against poor opposition. That Brady could throw 2 INTs and still cruise to victory spoke volumes about the Bucs.

A shame really 'cos a one-sided game in any sport isn't brilliant to see. But not many people left before the end and it was a good atmosphere, despite everyone who was not a Pats fan cheering for the Bucs.

From a press point of view it was a revelation. Locker room after the game and interviews with Brady, Belichick and Welker. No PR men there to veto questions and no time limit. They even threw us what was left of the team's post match meal on the way out.

A refreshing change.