Orient: Best atmosphere created by our fans for ages

What a day. I feel surprisingly okay today, although I suspect I'm still drunk.

Great atmosphere indeed. Everyone was in high spirits, and the result just made things so much sweeter. It was good to see all you northern folk again :grin:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like to say well done to everyone who travelled to the game yesterday. I'm staying down with some friends until Tuesday night, and will be hoping for a good performance against Millwall! Cant wait for it now!!

Also, what is the Gregan chant all about? Why do we chant about him doing that in the chippy? Is there any story behind this chant or something?

Ps. to the guy who was sat infront of me yesterday.... GREGAN FOR ENGLAND! The guy sat infront of me was the most negative person in the world. Slagging gregan off left right and centre. Then he even turned round when we got the penalty, and shouted that we were gonna miss it!!! He then told me how oldham are on a downwards spiral with Dave penney and that we were gonna finish in the bottom 4!!! :shock:

Was anyone else near this dude??? :disappointed:

:lol:

I think the lyrics are pretty self-explantory!!

What a day. I feel surprisingly okay today, although I suspect I'm still drunk.

Great atmosphere indeed. Everyone was in high spirits, and the result just made things so much sweeter. It was good to see all you northern folk again

Dont actually remember getting home... but was amused to hear my Mrs singing the Pawel Abbott song this morning... methinks I sang it quite a lot last night! :lol:

Edited by BigfinLatic

Sounds like vocally the Latics fan did us proud today...but I've got to say, 279 ! Is that all ?? First league away game of the season you'd expect more than that...I know it's London which is a fair trek, but 279 is :censored:e. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come, but I fear the team need to do really well this year if attendances, home and away, are to be even just about what you might say as erm...acceptable..

It's actually an embarrassing following though,

Who cares about numbers, im guessing you`d rather have 2000 sitting in silence, than 279 singing there hearts out then? And lets not forget weve just played Carlisle away, and weve Millwall to come on Tuesday, in all hardly 3 trips that are just around the corner.

Who cares about numbers, im guessing you`d rather have 2000 sitting in silence, than 279 singing there hearts out then? And lets not forget weve just played Carlisle away, and weve Millwall to come on Tuesday, in all hardly 3 trips that are just around the corner.

Sounds like great support mate. Pleased for everyone that went. There's nothing better than an away game with great support and a victory to top it off. But 279 is poor. Simple.

To be fair to Stevie Whitehall, he did spend the vast majority of the game singing.

279 fans. ooohhh thats some following that guys :lol: . i bet your stand was rocking with numbers like that :laught16:

It was rocking actually....thanks for asking.

Anyway, it's quality not quantity........a phrase never better suited when comparing Oldham fans to Leeds fans.

Also, what is the Gregan chant all about? Why do we chant about him doing that in the chippy? Is there any story behind this chant or something?

I think the lyrics are pretty self-explantory!!

it is a bit weird that we still sing it now that he's playing for us, though.it's a pretty bizarre way to get behind the team-you wonder what must go through the players' minds when they hear it:"Yeah! That's right! He did have a w**k in a chippy! Come on lads, we can win this!" :grin:

Sounds like great support mate. Pleased for everyone that went. There's nothing better than an away game with great support and a victory to top it off. But 279 is poor. Simple.

What do you expect, in the space of 7 days we have played/will play Carlisle, Orient and Millwall. I went to Carlisle on Tuesday and just didn't have the money to go today or to Millwall on Tuesday.

What do you expect, in the space of 7 days we have played/will play Carlisle, Orient and Millwall. I went to Carlisle on Tuesday and just didn't have the money to go today or to Millwall on Tuesday.

You'd suspect of the three London games if people are short, people are picking the Brentford game as it is a bank holiday weekend and a cracking booze up.

Alex and I sung it pretty much non-stop after leaving Mark's. The people on the tube were a little nonplussed, as was the doorman in A N Other pub in Clapham.

We got a few funny looks at oxford circus, getting off there and singing "NA NA NA NA NA NA NA......"

Alex and I sung it pretty much non-stop after leaving Mark's. The people on the tube were a little nonplussed, as was the doorman in A N Other pub in Clapham.

There were quite a few funny looks. When I finally got home, my key didnt work. That wasnt a lot of fun :(

Na na na na na ....

Good job you included the wink. Otherwise I would have had to remind you about when your lot refused to sing at Orient in spite of a verbal lashing from Latics & England! B)

Or in such a big recent game in our history, last 16 vs Crystal Palace in the League Cup under Dowie...shame there was no sign of it that night! But anyway...

Cheers - do I know you??

P.S - Actual following was probably about 304 because I know a few lads who snuck under the turnstile free of charge.

You were talking to each other in the boozer....

But after the Sambuca session on the way down,i can understand your memory loss :grin:

Cheers - do I know you??

No, but I know you. :wink:

latic12345 and I met BigFin and Sav in the Doric. You had a brief chat and then wandered off on the hunt for sambuca.

PS. Who was your mate who fell asleep near the end of the game? :lol:

aye yeah 279 fans but thats 279 dedicated fans

forgive me but havent your attendances been going down each year you have been in league 1?im not going to go on at you for posting though,

the fact that leeds fans feel the need to post on our forums and try and play mind games with us just serves as a compliment to us (it shows us that we must be getting a threat to you)

Yeah clearly. there was only a tiny 28000 there at Elland Road last week for the visit of mighty Exeter. before you make stupid statements you might want to check your facts.

Yeah clearly. there was only a tiny 28000 there at Elland Road last week for the visit of mighty Exeter. before you make stupid statements you might want to check your facts.

28000 against exeter how the mighty have fallen I thought you were bigger than Man United Liverpool Chelsea and Arsenal and Real Madrid combined

Including 2000 from Exeter.

So that's how many thousand empty home seats? First home match too. Doesn't show overwhelming belief does it?