The definitive Top 100 'You're Not Proper Oldham Unless......'

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you booked a holiday in the South West expecting to be travelling over to the Millenium Stadium for the play off final

...you booked you and your girlfriend's holiday around a pre-season tour of southern Ireland! :grin:

...unless you've given the heaviest Latics (and Oldham rugby) fan ever, Jeff, a lift from Waterford's crystal factory to his hotel on said pre-season tour because Alan Hardy didnt come back to pick him up... :lol:

You haven't been on three coaches that have had windows put through by opposing supporters

that happened too me coming home from wrexham away ,brick went in one window and out the other side ,luckily no one was hurt , but it was cold coming back home

You're not proper Oldham if you haven't pissed over Norman Hunter's car door handle after seeing us beat Leeds at Elland Road

Does pissing on the doors of ManUre's Cliff training ground in Salford count? :lol:

There are lots more who refuse stubbornly to take up the invitation to write to Alan Hardy about something incredibly important. :disappointed:

Off topic I know, but I recently wrote to him at 10pm in the evening and had a reply before 8:30am the following morning. It really is worth it if you have good ideas or what further information.

GREEN Final Prozac. Edited and printed at the Chron office, Not that pink United loving crap produced in Manchester.

Anyway, You're not proper Oldham if:

You didn't walk to Maine Rd to watch Latics dump Northwich Victoria out of the cup (Vic Halom - King of all Geordies!)

You didn't get interviewed on Sky after the 3-2 win at Ayresome Park and still get back to Oldham for last orders (120mph all the way)

You didn't see Graham Bell streak through the offices after a (Sadly forgotten) decisive victory. Ginger pubes always look false!

You weren't one of Harry Wood's <ahem!> "Helpers".

The great Harry Wood. Yes I was one of his "helpers" Thought I was the only one due to him being a relative though! You just shattered me!!! :huh::huh:

You're not proper Oldham unless you've shovelled snow off the pitch.

............................................... you've sat on the wall behind the Chaddy End goal.

................................................you've embroidered the whole team's names on your scarf, then lost it walking down Sheepfoot Lane to a game that had been postponed!!!!

P.S. If anyone knows whereabouts of said scarf, I'd like it back please..........

Edited by lonelylaticsfaninaus

................................................you've embroidered the whole team's names on your scarf, then lost it walking down Sheepfoot Lane to a game that had been postponed!!!!

Embroidery. I bet that's a skill that endears you to all the big hairy Aussies! :grin:

I had a scarf like that, but my Nan did the sewing.

It would be murder now with the loan system!

..unless you were at Ipswich for that game.

..unless you shook a bucket at the All Star game.

..went to Ian Woods testimonial.

..saw AlanGroves play.

..saw Carl Valentine play.

Just to show I am proper Oldham fan, because I was ruled out after about the 2nd post otherwise!

... got an Ian Wood testimonial tie...

... got an Ian Wood testimonial tie...

... Got your new silk Latics scarf nicked when standing on the wall in the chaddy aged about 5

... Scored a penalty against Latics 'keeper Peter McDonnell on a Latics BP open day

... Won at least £1500 on Latics Starline

... Fallen asleep in the main stand on your mum's (or dad's) knee during a game in the 1970's

... Sold Moonraker lottery tickets

... Had Bernard Halford collecting the money and delivering new tickets every week

... Had Jim Steel, Paul Heaton and John Ryan living across the road in diggs