abbott, bad news!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pav, as had the operation today! and there have been conplications, so im told" looks like six week! goes from bad to worse!

Contradicts what AH apparently told Lags last night.

p.s. Lags - that doesn't mean that I don't believe he did say that he expected Abbott to be fit!

Edited by LaticsPete

pav, as had the operation today! and there have been conplications, so im told" looks like six week! goes from bad to worse!

:mmm: I see confidentiality is an issue at the hospital Pav is supposedly at. If you are going private and can wait- which he can (as he waited a while) - why have the operation on a Thursday when you are needed on a Saturday in the main surely it makes more sense to have the operation on a Mon/Tues to give him that extra couple of days which might make the difference.

I don't mind offering my services to massage "said area"

I have no qualifications whatsover but hey - I am prepared to do my bit for Queen, country and club by getting him back on his feet again.

Beardy can testify that I have mean hands when it comes to a shoulder rub on the terraces. Even through his thick attire.

I sure my hubby wont mind either being a fellow latics fan and all.

lol....................

Edited by underdog

MMMMMM well it looks like I've been to look silly!! let me just explain how said conversation went. I asked AH had a date been set for Pav's op and Jacko then said the ideal time would be next FA CUP round date should we lose to Leeds. AH replied watch this space. I took that to mean next FA CUP round not bloody imminent....like this FA CUP round.

Anyway this is a defo, AH said the hope that both Taylor and :censored: will be fit and expect them to be.....his words.

Edited by Lags

If pav is out then we're fecked! Never mind getting more left backs in....What about a bloomin' striker :ranting:

Looking on the bright side, no Abbott could mean Latics' strikers playing much further up the pitch. Instead of relying on the clever Abbott flick-on to Parker who then misses the 1v1 we can possibly play with a more traditional front 2.

Perm any two from Blackman (if available), Smalley, Taylor, Parker and Brooke. Blackman and Parker for me.

MMMMMM well it looks like I've been to look silly!! let me just explain how said conversation went. I asked AH had a date been set for Pav's op and Jacko then said the ideal time would be next FA CUP round date should we lose to Leeds. AH replied watch this space. I took that to mean next FA CUP round not bloody imminent....like this FA CUP round.

Anyway this is a defo, AH said the hope that both Taylor and :censored: will be fit and expect them to be.....his words.

Lags I'd take the OP's word with a big bunch of salt. Its one of two scenarios-

Someone who has access to the information (that list won't be long) and trusts him enough to think he won't blab has told him something in strictest confidence (TBH they probably shouldn't have told him) - and he then blabs about it to however many people, great way to treat your mate.

Or- and this is the much more likely situation- he has made the whole thing up- no one will know unless Pav is seen walking normally tomorrow (you don't walk normally for the next week after the op he's due to have nevermind the next day) or if he plays on Saturday.

We are not in all likelihood going to get into the play-offs this year so a good cup run to make money will be somewhat of an unexpected success and we will make the money if we get a draw against Leeds (nevermind if we beat them)- as we will get 45% of the gate (or around that) which could be in the region of £250k- that will buy us probably a new team (with the exception of Taylor). If Pav can play on Saturday he IS playing his operation will be postponed, even if AH has to threaten to eat the surgeon's young to do it. :grin:

Think it is more of the case that the club didnt want the opposition to know who was playing and who is out injured.

Our players do like to tell there mates things which moves through the fan base by text, email and Owtb :wink:

Put it this way I wouldnt have Pav as my first scorer on Sat :grin:

Think it is more of the case that the club didnt want the opposition to know who was playing and who is out injured.

Our players do like to tell there mates things which moves through the fan base by text, email and Owtb :wink:

Whilst entirely true Wardle I seriously doubt that Pav was able to tell anyone much after the operation he has supposedly had especially if there were complications by soon enough for it to get round to the OP at the time he posted- bearing in mind when visiting hours in hospitals (even private ones) are. My money (and Yes I know I've gotten into trouble for using this phrase recently) is on this story being utter :censored: and the person posting it knows it too.

Is this why you don't text me no more? and there's me thinking I'd upset ya!

Whilst entirely true Wardle I seriously doubt that Pav was able to tell anyone much after the operation he has supposedly had especially if there were complications by soon enough for it to get round to the OP at the time he posted- bearing in mind when visiting hours in hospitals (even private ones) are. My money (and Yes I know I've gotten into trouble for using this phrase recently) is on this story being utter :censored: and the person posting it knows it too.

i have no reason, to tell untruths" this is what i was told! as you say - we shall see. certainly hope its all hot-air! but i very much, doubt it.

Looking on the bright side, no Abbott could mean Latics' strikers playing much further up the pitch. Instead of relying on the clever Abbott flick-on to Parker who then misses the 1v1 we can possibly play with a more traditional front 2.

Perm any two from Blackman (if available), Smalley, Taylor, Parker and Brooke. Blackman and Parker for me.

That's just what I was thinking. Might actually work out well for us. Here's hoping.....

Heard off someone that pav is out of the leeds game. ..

I've been told the same tonight by an Athletic player.

I also got told he had gone to Germany for it

My :sauce: tells me the same, and previous info from that :sauce: has proved to be 100% accurate, but his :sauce: could be fryatt or fryatt's :sauce: for all I know.

… I seriously doubt that Pav was able to tell anyone much after the operation he has supposedly had especially if there were complications by soon enough for it to get round to the OP at the time he posted- bearing in mind when visiting hours in hospitals (even private ones) are. My money (and Yes I know I've gotten into trouble for using this phrase recently) is on this story being utter :censored: and the person posting it knows it too.

So it’s official, DP has confirmed what you read on OWTB as long ago as last Tuesday…..and once again the :sauce: of Ernie for England, Lee Sinnott and fryatt is 100% reliable despite rudemedic’s 'expert' opinion to the contrary.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

So it’s official, DP has confirmed what you read on OWTB as long ago as last Tuesday…..and once again the :sauce: of Ernie for England, Lee Sinnott and fryatt is 100% reliable despite rudemedic’s 'expert' opinion to the contrary.

Nice dig Diego, I wonder if I went through all your posts saying how you had used your "expert opinion" wrongly how many posts I would then have. Yes I said it was :censored: but that's because someone somewhere has given away confidential information (and they know it) and I doubt with the current fuss over memory sticks and what not anyone in the NHS would be that stupid. But then again its all good isn't it because it is in a certain public's interest to find out that their star striker isn't well.

Nice dig Diego, I wonder if I went through all your posts saying how you had used your "expert opinion" wrongly how many posts I would then have. Yes I said it was :censored: but that's because someone somewhere has given away confidential information (and they know it) and I doubt with the current fuss over memory sticks and what not anyone in the NHS would be that stupid. But then again its all good isn't it because it is in a certain public's interest to find out that their star striker isn't well.

Yeah, I thought that - no need Diego for a man of such mature years...