You are not going to get bums on seats with performances like that.....I have never seen Latics so toothless in all my years as a supporter.

You just can't see where a goal is going to come from......I wouldn't be interested in 3 for £30 watching that!!!

We're out of all the cups at the first hurdle and the season is already over apart from a relagation scrap!!!!!

FA CUP first round, local game, expecting about 7-8000 but we got 5000!!

disgraceful get advertisin games!!

to be fair I lot of people said they weren't coming because of the scary Leeds fans :blink: ...... I actually like the 5.15 kick off time, it gives you more time to do other things during the day.

to be fair I lot of people said they weren't coming because of the scary Leeds fans :blink: ...... I actually like the 5.15 kick off time, it gives you more time to do other things during the day.

scary leeds fans? dint they get locked in RRE ffor 10 minz?

and 2650 of those were leeds fans as well,and thats the official figure from leeds end of tickets sold

I know historically that the first couple of rounds of the f.a cup aren't particularly well supported but given the opposition then tonights attendance was worrying.

I know historically that the first couple of rounds of the f.a cup aren't particularly well supported but given the opposition then tonights attendance was worrying.

first time we've played leeds on a saturday at BP in years and the attendance was about half of what we got for the league game v leeds in 2007. the decline in our attendances in recent years really does make me fear for the future of the club.

Did anyone die ?

Only the footy....LOL

There were a few sirens going off as I was leaving the ground and to be honest, if some Oldham fans were anything like me - still a little bit peeved off about the non observance of the 2 mins silence.

However, it did seem only a few Leeds fans were heard - whether it was a miscommunication, or late coming in to BP who knows but it seems if you read their supporters board its 9 pages long on comments there are those on the wrong side of the pennines were not happy either

Only the footy....LOL

There were a few sirens going off as I was leaving the ground and to be honest, if some Oldham fans were anything like me - still a little bit peeved off about the non observance of the 2 mins silence.

However, it did seem only a few Leeds fans were heard - whether it was a miscommunication, or late coming in to BP who knows but it seems if you read their supporters board its 9 pages long on comments there are those on the wrong side of the pennines were not happy either

Apparently they where around the back and did not know the silence had started...

Apparently they where around the back and did not know the silence had started...

Yes it seems they were in the main. However, I couple of fans on their own website admit there were one or two in the stands at it and were promptly put in there place. Hell the thread is 9 pages long....lol

think the fact that people could watch it for free at home was a big reason for the low crowd i couldnt make it as i work in the evening so would only have got the first half. personally i wasnt suprised in the attendance only that leeds didnt bring more as i had heard they sold the whole large section.

think the fact that people could watch it for free at home was a big reason for the low crowd i couldnt make it as i work in the evening so would only have got the first half. personally i wasnt suprised in the attendance only that leeds didnt bring more as i had heard they sold the whole large section.

The crowd for last night was poor but expected given the ko time/free on t'internet/FA Cup first round etc

What is more worrying is that we are not playing well at home and it is actually not much fun watching the inept performance from an average team.

Pawel is now out for 4 to 6 weeks - gawd 'elp us :blink:

The crowd for last night was poor but expected given the ko time/free on t'internet/FA Cup first round etc

Yeah, was always going to be a low turn out. Didn't quite expect it to be as low as it was really, but when you bear in mind it was Bonfire Night (or nearest Saturday to it), straight after a Latics home defeat and it was free to watch online. All those a factor.

I think not selling tickets on the day was a bad move by either Latics or GMP (whoever was responsible). I could see us getting a fair few more through the door paying on the gate.

interest in the club is ebbing away fast and the amigos must have noticed. could this be the last season for oldham athletic, particularly so if the word at 12 noon is that we are scrapping the failsworth project.

first time we've played leeds on a saturday at BP in years and the attendance was about half of what we got for the league game v leeds in 2007. the decline in our attendances in recent years really does make me fear for the future of the club.

I'm worried too, although it is clear there are people who don't go, our average in the Ritchie years were higher than what they are now

When we had close on 10000 against them a couple of seasons ago they were presumably having a holiday from scariness, just to let other clubs' fans catch up.

Same when we were in the PL.

Nice of them really.

There was lots of hysteria about that whipped up on this board. And yet again Leeds did not sell out, were not in the home sections of the ground and didn't go on the rampage as predicted.

Can we learn from this for the league game please? Or maybe it's just people looking for an excuse not to go.

There was lots of hysteria about that whipped up on this board. And yet again Leeds did not sell out, were not in the home sections of the ground and didn't go on the rampage as predicted.

Can we learn from this for the league game please? Or maybe it's just people looking for an excuse not to go.

It will be the same excuse when we play them in a couple of weeks. What would these people do if we EVER got promoted and played bigger teams with bigger away supports on a weekly basis?

Many people on this board know me, and know why I didn't go to the Huddersfield league game, Leeds cup game and wont go to the Leeds league match.

It is about time that the fans of this club (not just the ones on this board either) were consulted about the next stage in stadium development - not after the decisions have already been made, and started acting like every other club - your existing customers are more important than those of the visiting club.

Moving from the Lookers to the RRE was terrible. Being forced to move from the large to the small section is just about acceptable. Moving us out of the stand completely is a step too far for me. I will therefore not attend those games, and from watching the match on the Internet (with 3 former season ticket holders and regular supporters) it appears that I am not the only one.

Before anyone comes back with "Credit Crunch / Money is Important / You knew that you'd have to move" rubbish, it doesn't matter. It is empty justification and the results of putting money before loyalty tipped the balance on Saturday where it certainly appeared that our fans were shamefully outnumbered at our own ground.