New stadium

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1930 we had an attendance of over 47,500. Should we be building at least a 50,000 seater?

No ambition with a 50k stadium.... Currently he wants a capacity approx x4-5 of the gates. Maybe we should find the architect that designed Silverstone

Edited by NIKI1234

Oh, we're looking to be the norm, are we? You never said.

Were we the norm in 1991 when we got to the First Division?

Oh come on lets stop the bloody childishness... Any of us could say anything and get beaten up with the exceptions to the rule... There is nearly always exceptions out there...

I think 12,000 does restrict us... Unless are aim is to stay at this level or lower... If your aiming for the championship we should build a 16,000 stadium...

Oh come on lets stop the bloody childishness... Any of us could say anything and get beaten up with the exceptions to the rule... There is nearly always exceptions out there...

I think 12,000 does restrict us... Unless are aim is to stay at this level or lower... If your aiming for the championship we should build a 16,000 stadium...

There is no need for 16,000 seats in League One. If it's simple to add 4,000 ish seats (filling in the corners), then I don't see the issue.

16,000 sounds ok to me, but it seems as if the TTA plans are set in stone no matter what fans think.

Alan Shaw, chairman of the Failsworth Residents’ Action Group...said: “All this could have been done ages ago because they still haven’t got plans.

A stadium possibly could bring benefits, but where are they going to put parking? Broadway is going to be a death trap in the rush hour. Will there be special buses? These are only some of our concerns.”

When they have got plans FRAG's questions will be answered. Patience Alan.....patience!

Did you not see the thread a few months back of European stadia of similar size to the one Latics are proposing? Molde's in particular looked brilliant with 2 tiers, I think we should do the same in all honesty.

Thank you!! I've been trying to remember where I saw those grounds all week and can't find the thread anywhere!!

You were just speculating, same as anyone else. We hoped for better, but apparently it's bad news. You must be so pleased.

Yes-so pleased that I've spent three months complaining about it.

No need to speculate about what a 12000 stadium, built in a rush as a last minute, take it or leave it option when all else has failed, will look like really.

In 1930 we had an attendance of over 47,500. Should we be building at least a 50,000 seater?

No-but I doubt if anybody complained about the ground holding in excess of 48000 at the time, despite rarely coming close to filling it.

Grounds have generally been far in excess of a club's average gate at a given time at all levels at the game. Usually, the bigger a club's ground the bigger it's ambitions, (taking into account a realistic assessment of its catchment area.)