Free tickets for school kids

Looking at this story, I do feel the power of OWTB could be used to raise funds for lots of tickets for future generations of little 'tics rather than the usual in fighting.

Latics fan sponsors

I am sure we could ins some way get it to deserving mini Chaddy's.

What do you think's omething really positive we could do?

Any ideas?

Edited by singe

Lookig at this story, I do feel the power of OWTB could be used to raise funds for lots of tickets for future generations of little 'tics rather than the usual in fighting.

Latics fan sponsors

I am sure we could ins some way get it to deserving mini Chaddy's.

What do you think,s omething really positive we could do?

Any ideas?

This is precisely what got me going to Latics in the first place back in the early 80's. Free tickets distributed round the schools. Badgered my uncle (who would have been around 17 or 18 at the time - I was 9 I think) to take me with him on the bus. Bought me some Fish & Chips crisps and gave me some of his Clix chewing gum. They were so strong I could barely see or catch my breath for about 10 mins!

Happy days. :lol:

This is precisely what got me going to Latics in the first place back in the early 80's. Free tickets distributed round the schools. Badgered my uncle (who would have been around 17 or 18 at the time - I was 9 I think) to take me with him on the bus. Bought me some Fish & Chips crisps and gave me some of his Clix chewing gum. They were so strong I could barely see or catch my breath for about 10 mins!

Happy days. :lol:

Similar story here, although I was taken there by the son of one of my mum’s friends. Who I discovered after years of seeing him post on JKL and here, was none other than Help Shiny, who I think got into trouble because me and my brother wandered off and went home without him! I still fear his revenge!

If the people won't come to mountain, send the mountain to the people. It's been openly expressed by many on here that £20 is too much, yet if you purchased your ticket prior it's £18. Now £18 still maybe too much for some but it's certainly more marketable. I'd be more than tempted to have a van tour the estates and town centre on specific dates selling tickets. Say £18 for an adult and a child. However it would have to be advertised extensively and given enough time for the venture to bear fruit.

Plus get it right inside the stadium. On the playing side and entertainment side.

If the people won't come to mountain, send the mountain to the people. It's been openly expressed by many on here that £20 is too much, yet if you purchased your ticket prior it's £18. Now £18 still maybe too much for some but it's certainly more marketable. I'd be more than tempted to have a van tour the estates and town centre on specific dates selling tickets. Say £18 for an adult and a child. However it would have to be advertised extensively and given enough time for the venture to bear fruit.

Plus get it right inside the stadium. On the playing side and entertainment side.

We used to have a mobile shop that used to come round the estate when I was a kid - ah memories!

Remember they beat Dale either 8-0 or 8-1 around '87, I remember as our Football coach at Primary school was a Dale fan and I gave him grief for weeks after!

Yep, 8-0. That was just around the time I was given tickets. For some reason it was against orient on more than one occasion (my mum used to work with the guy that ran the youth club thing - like Boundary Blues I guess), so I got loads of them. It really didn't work as it was utter crap.

Then my mate said "Why don't we go to Oldham and see what it's like", and since then it's been downhill...

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I know. 20 to 22p. I'm surprised he ever went back.

When you consider that adults could still get in Second Division football grounds for less than a quid in about 1980, you realise what a rip-off and a farce the game has become. Twenty quid-plus to watch a never ending string of anonymous journeyman at this level, and any amount up to £60 to watch a bunch of mercenary multi-millionaires at the top.