Latest Stadium News

Personally I really do not care if we get the standard flat pack stadium... If it is around 12k in size and easily expandable to 16k then I can accept that...

I do want to make as much as the land as possible... and I want OAFC to receive the bulk of the profits... These are the important things... What the place actually looks like is the least of our concerns... The capacity is second... But the revenue potential / who owns what issues should be the first...

Location... Failsworth is closer to Warrington....

Haven't we just been told that 'expansion will be difficult?'

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace the red brick part with the existing listed building and Bob's your uncle!

What is intersting is that, as you say, replicate that, but we have extra land and ustainable businesses.

Spot on.

My personal opinion is that our uniqueness should be in the sustainability and addon business and community. A new business model.

Edited by singe

We have. We have also seen that so is building a large stadium with massive facilities in Oldham, especially when times are hard. Is there a case for doing the best that we can?

There might be-but 'the best we can,' in this case, will almost certainly not be enough.

This town needs an established Championship side. The Failsworth proposal has smalltime tinpot outfit written all over it. Particularly as it now seems that it won't even hold the paltry 12000 that we were told we were having. (Not to mention the 'difficulty' of expanding, even were it necessary.)

All this will do is satisfy the kind of supporter who treats following Latics primarily as a social thing. Nothing wrong with that, but there aren't enough of them.

We have. We have also seen that so is building a large stadium with massive facilities in Oldham, especially when times are hard. Is there a case for doing the best that we can?

In any case, almost nobody is calling for a large stadium with 'massive facilities (whatever these may be.) Most of the sceptics merely wonder why a full quarter of the capacity of the BP redevelopment was lopped off overnight with no discussion. 16000 indicated genuine Championship ambitions; 12000 or less doesn't.

In any case, almost nobody is calling for a large stadium with 'massive facilities (whatever these may be.) Most of the sceptics merely wonder why a full quarter of the capacity of the BP redevelopment was lopped off overnight with no discussion. 16000 indicated genuine Championship ambitions; 12000 or less doesn't.

+1 (and many more in the silent majority)

That's an absolutely stunning ground. What was the budget on that?

Somehat ironically, despite a handicap of a capacity of just over 11,000 they have managed to finish runners up in the Norwegian Prem, Get to the final of the Norwegian Cup, and qualified for the Europa Leage in 20010/11. I realise they may not be ambitious enough for some...

It was built 10 years ago though, but cost NOK212, which was about £16m at the exchange rate of 0.8 in 1999. It was then converted to All seater a year later, but I dont know the cost of that. It is sponsored by the club owners company.

Edited by singe

Somehat ironically, despite a handicap of a capacity of just over 11,000 they have managed to finish runners up in the Norwegian Prem, Get to the final of the Norwegian Cup, and qualified for the Europa Leage in 20010/11. I realise they may not be ambitious enough for some...

It was built 10 years ago though, but cost NOK212, which was about £16m at the exchange rate of 0.8 in 1999. It was then converted to All seater a year later, but I dont know the cost of that. It is sponsored by the club owners company.

Whos' the manager..sign him up :)

Shrewsbury-New-Meadow_1221894.jpg

I think it will be more like this.... even with the pitches around the stadium

Room to fill in the corner to increase the capacity if it was ever needed

Please NO!!! If this is what we get then i will be seriously naffed off!

I watched blackpool the other night, stadium coming along nicely, good attacking football and a great atmosphere........the exact opposite of where we are.

I really fear that we will get something very similar to the shrewsbury model.

The corporal makes a lot of very valid points.

I watched blackpool the other night, stadium coming along nicely, good attacking football and a great atmosphere........the exact opposite of where we are.

And for years people, including themselves and indeed us - have scorned and laughed at blackpools ground - how they were never going to finish it etc etc, yet time told and they are now beginning to reap the rewards after years of serial 'piss' taking!

In their case - Rome wasn't built in a day. We are in a different situation however - but let's wait and see before the constant criticism begins.

Shrewsbury-New-Meadow_1221894.jpg

I think it will be more like this.... even with the pitches around the stadium

Room to fill in the corner to increase the capacity if it was ever needed

I wouldn't fancy being a season ticket holder near the corners in gale force winds and rain, if fact the stands look flimsy and could well all finish up on Broadway on a gusty day. :unsure:

Edited by BP1960

I wouldn't fancy being a season ticket holder near the corners in gale force winds and rain, if fact the stands look flimsy and could well all finish up on Broadway on a gusty day. :unsure:

Maybe they fold them up and put them away in a cupboard until the next match!

Does he hell.

He makes the same one over and over.

Having said that, even he has not stooped to insisiting that it looks pretty.

This isn't Norway. Norway has at least ten times fewer people. 11000 over there is a top PL attendance.

The nodding dogs really can be desperate sometimes.

If the TTA are seriously going to consider the fans opinions, I don't mind moving to Failsworth but for me the ground has got to be a replica of Molde's, our very own Oldham Arena none of this nonsense with no corners filled in. We don't want to have a copy of these 'new' grounds we want an Arena which will be different and may even help us create a better atmosphere!

Edited by oafcforever