Tranmere postponed

It gives the players a few days extra rest, also pav and taylor were expected to play in tranny game, also a good chance of of hartlepool gaming being postponed i think so other players will also be backed.

Second january seems fine to me, as why put it on as a night game? it would draw less fans than a saturday would

Sod Pav and Taylor, all games should be postponed until Purdie is fit.

We are encouraged to buy Hartlepool tickets in advance and I'll be in Oldham on Saturday, but the ticket office will be closed. Only the Club Shop is open.

I don't know if that means you think you can't buy a ticket in advance on Saturday now but I wouldn't.

1.) We have never sold Hartlepool out

2.) Driving past Hartlepool yesterday (on the a19- not the town itself) there was still a good few inches of snow on the ground. Personally I thought the Trannies game was going to be more likely to go on as we are expected some rain in Oldham in the next few days and unless you know you will be able to make any rearranged fixture it would be silly to buy a ticket for a game not guaranteed to go ahead when you don't have to.

really disappointed game isn't on today. im sure the club could have made it happen.

Not really. Part of the pitch doesn't see sun in winter and so will need to thaw. Coupled with that the pathways around the ground are treacherous, it'll only take one moron to slip and sue the club/council.

I think Latics have moved up a place without playing. :)

i think it was right to call the game off

today has seen a little sun and a bit of a thaw,but like has been said,pavements are pretty bad and only main roads are clear,side roads horrendous...

wont do the players any harm having an extra few days rest,and get some players back....club should be applauded for taking an early decision,yes tta's have lost money from it,but safety is paramount.