O'Grady leaves permanently

Yeah, but I thought 'dale were skint.

Hmm. Just shows how much :censored:e some people spout about clubs they have minimal interest in. Then again, why should I be suprised when the majority of these people spout so much :censored:e about Latics.

Well done to Dunphy and Hilly for showing a bit of ambition. Promotion party at Barnet it is then and something for the town of Rochdale to be proud of for a change.

You really should post that on the Rochdale messageboard and not here.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly all transfers listed on the BBC list are undisclosed fees and have been for a long time. Don't know why clubs do this nowadaysbut they do so let's not turn this into another beat TTA thread .

And Johnny P I'm not suggesting thsat was your intention .

my original beat was how they shout out the losses,but keep the income secret.

how much of this "undisclosed" fee will penney see?

will we see any permanent signings or just yet more :censored:e loan signings?

Edited by johnny punkster

You really should post that on the Rochdale messageboard and not here.

dont worry. I have done. :wink: (If only Latics could show similar ambition - highly doubt we'll see this money spent on anyone decent). Why I and people like yourself are fast losing interest in the club and are adopting a cant be arsed attitude.

Cheers,

Harry

The 92K is an impressively 'guessed'/sourced figure though Rock

Indeed it is bigman. Though some people would still have you believe 'dale are skint. :grin:

Edited by Rocky_Latic

So we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, yet have one of the top scorers in League Two (aswell as one of the best performers this season) and decide to offload him without giving him a chance?

I agree. O'grady has done the best thing for himself and joined a club that are more likely to be playing in the 1st division next year. Good luck to him - was never given a fair crack here.

Who do we bring in? Well we seem to play with tactics that doesn't involve strikers so I say save the money......

Edited by JoeP

They've bought Furman and Colbeck this season and the fees were undisclosed so it's not as though they're stopping spending on the club is it? If they had these two wouldn't be here now.

I'm sure if Penney went to the board and said I want to bring a player in and he'll cost a fee the board would try to accomodate like they have for Furman and Colbeck.

dont worry. I have done. :wink: (If only Latics could show similar ambition - highly doubt we'll see this money spent on anyone decent). Why I and people like yourself are fast losing interest in the club and are adopting a cant be arsed attitude.

Cheers,

Harry

If only you were any good at football, Luke, I'd ask you to come and sign for my new Saturday team. :blush:

Cheers,

Lee

P.S - Would you really want Dave Penis splashing out more cash after his "money" signings of Colbeck and Furman have been such big hits.....

Edited by Lee Sinnott

i bet you thought that when m**re suddenly started his quick fire sells and armstrong,one size etc went for peanuts...

am getting sick of this now whenever a player leaves on the cheap they get a accused of "going for me " for the record no player at oldham athletic has ever been violent or aggresive towards me ok so please can you all stop with these accusations :).

have you any proof all is the truth..or half truths even?

I haven't said it's all truth.

You said we are fed bull:censored:. I'm asking you to justify what you've said with some examples and a little evidence. Otherwise it might look like you're just looking to use your own attitude to criticise the club for everything they do regardless of the facts.

I haven't said it's all truth.

You said we are fed bull:censored:. I'm asking you to justify what you've said with some examples and a little evidence. Otherwise it might look like you're just looking to use your own attitude to criticise the club for everything they do regardless of the facts.

so..its all true..

ok.

you believe what you want.

i'll keep scratching around.

We sold him- TBH to get any money back on someone who played less than 500 minutes for the club is a bit of an achievement- especially when he might leave for free at the end of the season. Shez bought him but supposedly let Hughes pick his striking partner. Within 3 months of him arriving here he was shipped off to various clubs in the league below- I'd wager one of them played against Penney's Darlo in that time. He comes back to the club and Penney ships him off again (he wasn't here under Joe as I recall). Yes he scored some goals for Dale in his time there but how many of them were tap-ins that could have been scored by anyone on this board I saw at least 2. O'Grady could do a job for us, yes, but he is most defiantely not a panacea for our striking worries he doesn't get a sniff when Pav's fit and rightly so (Pav is twice the player of O'Grady IMHO). Rochdale look like going up this year (if they don't then O'Grady ain't that much cop) and we shall see how many goals he scores for them if he does- I would wager its less than double figures

But as has already been pointed out we loose £10,000 over some pies from which we make very little anyway and its in the papers, we sell someone its for an undisclosed fee. Football, and not just TTA, is rotten to the core in this aspect and the sooner this trend for undisclosed fees and not paying the tax man stops the better.

Buckley hasnt moved anywhere as of yet. So how you get that Buckley has funded O'Gradys transfer i'll never know.

The only player who's left Spotland this past couple of days is Jon Shaw by mutual consent. Why would Coventry pay £250,000 for a player who's struggled to get in 'dales starting 11 for the majority of this season.

He hasnt struggled to get in, they've just got an agreement with Coventry that he doesnt play. As its a done deal that he's going there.

I heard O'Grady has gone for 80 grand and was going to be announced to the Rochdale at the Rotherham game which was called off.

If we signed a half decent striker on a 1 year contract that would be £70/80000 salary. Add on employers NI contributions - whoops where's that £92000 gone?

And that's without a transfer fee.

Given we paid a fee for him I would imagine he was on a reasonable wage himself.

so..its all true..

ok.

you believe what you want.

i'll keep scratching around.

Ok, whatever.

It's all lies,lies,lies then.

I'm supposed to belive you that it's lies on the basis of nothing am I?

Pot and Kettle springs to mind. It's hardly a smoking gun is it?