O'Grady leaves permanently

i've not read any of the posts above.

if the money for COG is not spent on bringin a decent striker in (for example heffernan) then i won't be goin to bp again this season.

See you when we see you then :disappointed:

Given that we have had no matchday income in January, I would imagine that it will go towards running costs.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've not read any of the posts above.

if the money for COG is not spent on bringin a decent striker in (for example heffernan) then i won't be goin to bp again this season.

yeh right when I go away my season ticket will be free and you will use it you know you will :wink:

COG only made sporadic appearances for us. IMO he looked a decent hold up player but never looked remotely like scoring, in fact I'm struggling to remember many shots!

STRIKER PLEASE PENNEY!

What in the 2 or so games he played. IMO he,s a better bet than Smalley and Parker, hes on form in a team that's only what 5 positions below us. All for the sake of a few grand. What would be better shooting us away from relegation or being 70 grand(ish) or whatever richer in League Two

Worked out quite nicely this one, begining of the season we would have done well to get him off the payroll. To get a fee for him just shows how things can turn around for players in a different set up and playing another style. And when fans take to someone and give them a chance. Good luck Chris, Rochdales style of play must suit you.

Now then! what happens with this money will be crucial to our season, and maybe our future spend it wisely Mr Penney or you will follow Mr O Grady out of the BP door I fear.

Spot on.

I saw a different player. Young fit and agile. Worked hard for the team and very skillful. He was never given a chance. Smalley has beengiven 10 times the number of chances and is nowhere near as good. That is why O'Grady has gone for £££ and we still have trash.

my mates grandma had a cup of tea with chris ogrady's next door neighbour...And she saw his cat weeing on his other neighbours roses

well my dads window cleaner once spilt tea on a woman who shook hands with paul scholes' wife and he said that paul scholes is comin to latics, you heard it here first (well nearly first if you ignore the other 200,000 posts/threads)

I saw a different player. Young fit and agile. Worked hard for the team and very skillful. He was never given a chance. Smalley has beengiven 10 times the number of chances and is nowhere near as good. That is why O'Grady has gone for £££ and we still have trash.

agreed, hes actually scoring goals, Lewis allessandra and deane smalley where given 20/25 match streaks in the first team and didnt score for quite a while,

O grady was given 15 minutes when we were 3-0 down with all the rest of the team conceding defeat and not bothering doing decent passes and then that was his chance for the season

Spot on.

:grin:

But as has already been pointed out we loose £10,000 over some pies from which we make very little anyway and its in the papers, we sell someone its for an undisclosed fee. Football, and not just TTA, is rotten to the core in this aspect and the sooner this trend for undisclosed fees and not paying the tax man stops the better.

You think 'undisclosed' stretches as far as the authorites? Maybe I could begin 'undisclosing' my salary....

Worked out quite nicely this one, begining of the season we would have done well to get him off the payroll. To get a fee for him just shows how things can turn around for players in a different set up and playing another style. And when fans take to someone and give them a chance. Good luck Chris, Rochdales style of play must suit you.

I agree with your sentiments but I'm not sure it would have been difficult to get simply get him off the payroll - loads of managers have seen enough in him to sign him over the last few seasons. Yes he's disappointed a few times, but he now finally seems to be fulfilling the potential that many have seen in him. He's still only 23 - I can't think of many target men who have hit their prime before this age.

All the best to him - I don't think I've ever liked a player who never played so much!

He's still only 23 - I can't think of many target men who have hit their prime before this age.

I will never understand why COG didn't get a chance when he showed so much potential (But I'm not a football manager).

He was constantly being told where to position himself by successive managers, and maybe now he's reaping the rewards of being allowed to do what he does best - judge the game and his positioning as he sees fit.

I hope it all goes tits up for Rochdale, because I've hated them since the early seventies, but I sincerely hope COG shows his previous managers where they've gone wrong.

I will never understand why COG didn't get a chance when he showed so much potential (But I'm not a football manager).

He was constantly being told where to position himself by successive managers, and maybe now he's reaping the rewards of being allowed to do what he does best - judge the game and his positioning as he sees fit.

I hope it all goes tits up for Rochdale, because I've hated them since the early seventies, but I sincerely hope COG shows his previous managers where they've gone wrong.

oh dont forget the chance he was given at Burnley away!

up top on his own :ranting:

The worrying thing is Shez was tracking O'Grady for a while before he signed him , then barely give him a chance,

To be fair, he started the season as first choice with Davies but then Hughes and Allesandra (when's he back?) rightly made the places their own. O'Grady went out for first-team football, struggled for form and subsequently didn't get back in. It happens. Then of course DP came in who clearly wanted/wants his own players.

oh dont forget the chance he was given at Burnley away!

up top on his own :ranting:

Agree it was hardly an ideal chance for him, but the difficulty was in the opposition, not the role. Seeing as we were always likely to struggle playing away against a strong Burnely team it was understandable for Shez to go for 1 upfront......and to then pick his target man as the man to do the job.

Agree it was hardly an ideal chance for him, but the difficulty was in the opposition, not the role. Seeing as we were always likely to struggle playing away against a strong Burnely team it was understandable for Shez to go for 1 upfront......and to then pick his target man as the man to do the job.

I didnt agree at the time and I dont agree now , we should have played 4-4-2 we needed a cup run , he set out thinking we are going to lose so I will play one striker and delay the inevitable,

To be fair, he started the season as first choice with Davies but then Hughes and Allesandra (when's he back?) rightly made the places their own. O'Grady went out for first-team football, struggled for form and subsequently didn't get back in. It happens. Then of course DP came in who clearly wanted/wants his own players.

Oh yes, the facts. I almost forgot about them.

It's the Kieron Lee syndrome all over again, things aren't going well so the guy who doesn't play for us is clearly the man to turn it round.

Absolutely. Usually written by the same people who after seeing 5 minutes of him playing pretty much condemed stated he's a waste of space.

Pav back, with a natural goalscorer alongside him and I really think we'll be a threat.