GETTING REAL

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, I will retract my pop at you...

I know for a fact that prozac has no interest in stopping people from going to the game. That has never been his intention. I think you are taking him the wrong way. Anything he is doing he is doing out of love for the club.

ok fair enough but it feels a bit like ganglands on this forum sometimes, if you dont agree with the crowd theres uproar, i used to accept it as just a difference in opinion and that at the end of the day they love the club, but sometimes I hear stuff on this forum which is so anti-oldham you could swear it was from a supporter of another team

FFS can you not read????? The idea behind the protest was to get the STAYWAYS BACK, to show people are bothered and they do care about the present situation.

I thought the protest was against TTA and the clubs position?

i cant apologise enough if im wrong which it sounds like i am, i heard talks on a thread of people protesting by not going to the club

Not sure I like being called a dipstick, but apart from that spot on, exactly what I was trying to do, to gauge a reaction. And unless Bazza and TTA have been covering their ears singing la, la, la, la, la, la.....then surely they would have heard the chants on Saturday? "You don't know know what you're doing", "Penney out", "What the F*** is going on etc... " mostly borne out of sheer frustration and helplessness so like it or not, it has started.

In retreat prozac. Someone posting ideas for you. Again your positivity shines through.

Barry

Garcon

Read my mail. I post as a Director not as the Trust Chairman on this view. You miss the point. If they were not around there probably would not be any debate about Failsworth or Boundary Park. Neither might exist. Do you want a club !!!!!!!.

Barry

Can I ask 2 questions

1 - when will we see the plans for failsworth?

2- Is their money available to bring in permanent new signings before the end of this months deadline?

ok fair enough but it feels a bit like ganglands on this forum sometimes, if you dont agree with the crowd theres uproar, i used to accept it as just a difference in opinion and that at the end of the day they love the club, but sometimes I hear stuff on this forum which is so anti-oldham you could swear it was from a supporter of another team

Do not confuse negativity aimed at our owners as negativity aimed at our club... They are very different things...

Edited by oafc0000

Garcon

Read my mail. I post as a Director not as the Trust Chairman on this view. You miss the point. If they were not around there probably would not be any debate about Failsworth or Boundary Park. Neither might exist. Do you want a club !!!!!!!.

I don't understand why you think the two roles are divisible.

In retreat prozac. Someone posting ideas for you. Again your positivity shines through.

Barry

Ok what shall we positive about?

The three-sided ground?

The avalanche of goals we see every week?

The fourth division squad?

Soon to be sub 3,000 crowds?

Your continuing arrogance and ability to misread any situation...?

I used to be able to find positivity in any situation, Barry we're not idiots we can see the club is falling apart and we want something done about it!

ps the bottom five are becoming marooned, never mind eh we're not bottom at least - that positive enough?

Edited by oafcprozac

Barry

Can I ask 2 questions

1 - when will we see the plans for failsworth?

2- Is their money available to bring in permanent new signings before the end of this months deadline?

Plans are due out January but I'm guessing will be delayed a bit.

There has always been money available for players. Furman and Colbeck. They might not be great but the money is there.

Garcon

Read my mail. I post as a Director not as the Trust Chairman on this view.

Then you have a serious conflict of interest and need to carefully consider which of those roles you should drop.

You miss the point. If they were not around there probably would not be any debate about Failsworth or Boundary Park. Neither might exist. Do you want a club !!!!!!!.

I want MY **** club.

What I'm hearing is that this isn't my club anymore. What I'm hearing is an ultimatum that I must either be with TTA's Plan C or D or wherever we are now or I'm not a "fan".

To be brutally honest, if that's the case I'd rather TTA left even if that did mean this club died (it's slowly dying anyway) - and maybe I'll get stuck in helping create a new Oldham Athletic to start the dream all over again in the bottom division of the Manchester League.

This becoming something that could see the trickle of fans leaving become a flood. What gates can TTA continue to support? 3000? 2500? 2000?

Barry really what was the point of posting such a provocative message?

If you are so easily upset by things posted on a messageboard then maybe you should just stop reading it, it will do wonders for your blood pressure and get rid of your sense of paranoia.

The messages posted on here are by a vocal few and you take this as your straw poll of what the fans are feeling/planning - maybe you need to read the positive ones as well as the select few negative ones you seem to have homed in on.

The owners should be more concered about the falling crowds and understand why - though it doesn't take a genius to work out why; given Simon Corney has already voiced his opinion after the Tranmere game.

I don't know you, the trust etc and so I have no axe to grind; I am not one of the regular posters on here though I read the board regularly; so my comments are nothing other than from a regular latics fan. Also maybe you would be appreciated a little more if your only visible appearances were to slag of the supporters whom are the people you should be encouraging more to come through the turnstiles. Your general negative attitude is not encouraging for the casual or regular fans - try and use the carrot rather than the stick it works a hell of a lot better.

Tried that Ricardo but I got hit over the head with the carrot.

Just speaking the truth.

Barry

I don't understand why you think the two roles are divisible.

Precisely. If there is a divergence between the interests of the Trust as a shareholder an the other Board members then we should know about it, not have our representative change hats before speaking to avoid any perception of conflict of interest?

I'm sure if we asked him outright I can assure you he would confirm he did say they were in it for the money. It's a simple fact, it may of been tongue in cheek, but it was said. :blink:

At the December Forum:

Question:

As a devil’s advocate Simon you were asked if you’re in it for the money and you said yes, that’s probably changed my view.

Could you Simon answer if this is your only way to get your money back So that you can walk away and leave a sustainable club. As opposed to what you said on arrival which was you wanted to stay for the longterm.

SC: I apologise that I answered that with sarcasm and that seems to have been misunderstood. But a financial genius could not get out of this level.

£5m on land

£6m on club and interest

£3m on Lancaster Club land

Assume a new stadium costs £15m

Making around £30m - the latest offer for Boundary Park was a value of £18m two years ago about half that now at £9m.

I don’t ever see us taking money out of the club. The club doesn’t have a burden of debt. It’s all personal debt and that’s a pretty good safeguard to have .

Without making this a sob story - we are never going to get our money back. It’s bizarre how anyone can come up with figures to suggest we can make money.

The only way to break even would be to sell Boundary Park and go back to America. We stay because we like it.

If we wanted we could walk away, sell Boundary Park and there’s nothing could be done to stop us. And if we’re supposedly trying to make money from this why would we not do that now and walk away?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1900398,00.html

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I think you're right. The recent 'Oldham Insider' post and this one are there for a reason.

I just hope it's not to give TTA an escape route based on "the fans don't want us anymore".

I hear you brother... Escape route seems to be being sort... Yesterdays dying fire from the protest vote is being stoked for some reason...

Edited by oafc0000

Tried that Ricardo but I got hit over the head with the carrot.

Just speaking the truth.

Barry

I think the position you hold will bring difficulties for the holder as long as it exists.

Sometimes being able to rise above things is an important attribute. Better than taking the bat home.

Edited by opinions4u

Garcon

barry , as a latics fan of many years, i would much appreciate an answer to what i think is a very important question regarding your original post.

have you posted it independently, off your own bat, without the three amigos knowledge of it ??

Garcon

In October of this year Barry I should be celebrating 50 years of watching the Blues,

During the last 49 years I have missed 6 or maybe 7 home games but since the announcement of our move to Manchester I have lost all interest in what was my club.

I have stopped buying programmes,very rarely log on to this or the official website and have not been to a single away game as yet(admitedly the fact that most of them have been 200 mile away has been a contributory factor).

I used to find it difficult to sleep on a Friday night due to the anticipation of Saturdays game but now I rarely even know who we are playing.

I have seen many worse teams than our current squad but I have never felt as despondent as I do now.

The old "well at least we have a club to support" has long since passed for me because when we move to Failsworth our club will have died anyway.

It's a great shame that when TTA'S took over they didn't do their homework and realise that the only way that the people of Oldham will support Latics is when they are top of the league,winning games and scoring goals(what are they I hear you ask).

Edited by BRAT

Garcon

Do you ever post as trust chairman?

In the middle of the proposed move, YOU should be in the thick of it all, getting fans opinions and passing them onto TTA then their responses and passing it on to us fans, not acting as a board director.

We pay £20 every week so see a pile of :censored:e football!

Why cant you understand the fans concerns about football and do your job and represent the fans instead of posting a load of friggin bollocks being TTA lap dog.

If you aint going to represent the fans as chairman of trust then resign.