GETTING REAL

I want MY**** club.

What I'm hearing is that this isn't my club anymore. What I'm hearing is an ultimatum that I must either be with TTA's Plan C or D or wherever we are now or I'm not a "fan".

To be brutally honest, if that's the case I'd rather TTA left even if that did mean this club died (it's slowly dying anyway) - and maybe I'll get stuck in helping create a new Oldham Athletic to start the dream all over again in the bottom division of the Manchester League.

here here

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey, I thought this was a 7 page thread on OWTB member Real.

I really think Barry shouldn't post here anymore, not because of anything he says is wrong, but threads become a mess of arguments and insults.

Barry did stop posting for several years. Things appeared in his name, but he didn't write them. I suppose this one is all his own work though?

barry , as a latics fan of many years, i would much appreciate an answer to what i think is a very important question regarding your original post.

have you posted it independently, off your own bat, without the three amigos knowledge of it ??

I posted off my own bat. I don't need prompting but inserted the question about the owners because they have made that point to be previously.

For those who wonder why I don't post regularly someone will remind people of the past history with personal abuse towards my family and myself.

I can have a decent debate with anyone but not when abuse is an element.

What I have said tonight needed saying and I stick by my words that people do need to get real.

To those long standing latics fans, I hear what you are saying and do not purport to show any disrespect towards you. I merely ask that you continue with your support of the club.

Barry

Barry

Can I ask 2 questions

1 - when will we see the plans for failsworth?

2- Is their money available to bring in permanent new signings before the end of this months deadline?

Am I the only one who saw the "fan on the board" answering questions like this ? It seems to have been missed...

I posted off my own bat. I don't need prompting but inserted the question about the owners because they have made that point to be previously.

For those who wonder why I don't post regularly someone will remind people of the past history with personal abuse towards my family and myself.

What I have said tonight needed saying and I stick by my words that people do need to get real.

To those long standing latics fans, I hear what you are saying and do not purport to show any disrespect towards you. I merely ask that you continue with your support of the club.

Barry

So will you be putting forward the concerns of lifelong latics fans who are slowly not turning up, to the owners?

To continue with support of the club, concerns NEED to be answered IMMEDIATELY otherwise most will slowly stop coming

people do need to get real.

Highlights of our Reality.

Bottom four of Division 3 with a small gap between us and 5th from bottom.

Three Stands of which arguably the RRE is the only decent one.

20 goals in 25 league games

No money

Plans for Corneyville have mysteriously vanished from the face of the Earth

Team chocked with players who couldn't give a toss

Barry

So once again: In seven years, Barry, what has changed? We were 'glad to still have a club to support' back then, and to judge from your comments on Darlington, we should still merely be glad to have one. Despite the worse league position, the inferior playing squad, the three-sided ground and a furture just as uncertain. What's changed really?

Am I the only one who saw the "fan on the board" answering questions like this ? It seems to have been missed...

Thats what I believe he is supposed to do I think if both questions could be answered it might put a few peoples minds at rest thats why I asked them while Barry was online.

this thread really needs locking, too many things got out of hand and taken the wrong way easily, i did it and so did a few others,

put this to bed instead of us all making a dent out of a scratch again,

were already arguing on too many fronts as it is

Lock the other fronts and keep this one going.

Barry

what prospect or incentive is there for the long standing fans to continue to shell out hard earned cash,when we get very little back in response from either the playing side or the club in general.

most stayaways have long gone and have done so over the last few years,yet there now seems to be some alienating of the hardcore fans still here because some are now choosing to vote with there feet.

everybody is gratefull to the owners for coming in and saving the day,however 6 or 7 years down the line we are not really any further forward,the 5 year plan didnt work,we are then told we now have to cut our cloth accordingly and the budget suffers as a result.

are the owners willing to back the manager with cold hard cash in excess of what they have currently or previously spent??? to bring in competative higher calibre players,or are we just going to have to suck it and see with the bargain basement playing for cash instead of pride or the club type of players????

i fear that by your original post and subsequent other posts we are now being prepared for a headline or 2 on the main site stating that the owners dont feel it is in anybodys interests to continue and are now seeking interested parties to take over the mantly.

instead of posting off bat about your own somewhat biased opinion,maybe you should contact the main people on here to ask for genuine questions and concerns then put these to the owners and then get back in touch to tell of the outcome,i think that would be far more constructive.

Barry. Your dual role will inevitably involve conflicts of interests; your challenege os to manage them. When you say that you are posting with one speciifc hat on are you saying that the conflict doesn't exist or that it is unmanageable?

This is an honest question. My job involves making sure that conflicts are managed or on the occasions that they can't be disclosing their nature and explaining the position.

I can understand your frustrations with lack of input - been there, felt that - but to simply ask for blind loyalty when you have the task of representing fans is utterly unacceptable in my opinion.

Barry

Hi Barry,

whilst I can understand your view as a Director of the club, surely there are some legitimate concerns raised here, amongst some of the more hysterical points, that, as the fans representative, you could &, I would argue, should be addressing.

for example: fearing that a move to failsworth may be the death of the club doesn't make me an enemy of the team or the owners. it's legitamate concern.

having a director tell us pretty much to just shut up, never mind the director who only exists to represent the fans, is pretty hard to stomach.

people are just genuinely concerned that the club they love is dying. you know a great deal more than we do. we are bound to have opinions about this & are right to ask questions & get answers.

In October of this year Barry I should be celebrating 50 years of watching the Blues,

During the last 49 years I have missed 6 or maybe 7 home games but since the announcement of our move to Manchester I have lost all interest in what was my club.

I have stopped buying programmes,very rarely log on to this or the official website and have not been to a single away game as yet(admitedly the fact that most of them have been 200 mile away has been a contributory factor).

I used to find it difficult to sleep on a Friday night due to the anticipation of Saturdays game but now I rarely even know who we are playing.

I have seen many worse teams than our current squad but I have never felt as despondent as I do now.

The old "well at least we have a club to support" has long since passed for me because when we move to Failsworth our club will have died anyway.

It's a great shame that when TTA'S took over they didn't do their homework and realise that the only way that the people of Oldham will support Latics is when they are top of the league,winning games and scoring goals(what are they I hear you ask).

Barry,

Are you not seriously worried about the future of this club when reading messages from fans such as the above!???

it's a real breath of fresh air to see a thread so chocful of such novel viewpoints on the matters in question :unsure:

Entirley predicatable though when people have dozens of different questions, ranging from the emotional, financial, footballing and many others are all lumped together and told to shut it by the guy who is meant to be serving their interests? I like you am pretty supportive of TTA, I wish this latest fiasco hadn't sprung up nowwhen it's least needed.

I plea to NewYorkBoss... I know you will read this...

Talk to the fans... Sell Failsworth to us... Sell your idea for the future to us... Put the plans up and win us over! If it IS right for the club myself and others will FREELY admit it and back it. Do it on forums which everyone can read and pass judgement and not on Wednesday nights when people are dealing with families.

Our fears and concerns are clearly visible on this site. You know the questions we want answers to. If you tackle these points and win the argument the mood WILL change. Months and months of silence is not helping.

Again, Wednesday night forums will never be the right way of speaking to the fan base. There are more people online tonight here than there will be at any forum.

Edited by oafc0000

Talk to the fans... Sell Failsworth to us... Sell your idea for the future to us... Put the plans up and win us over! If it IS right for the club myself and others will FREELY admit it and back it. Do it on forums which everyone can read and pass judgement and not on Wednesday nights when people are dealing with families.

Our fears and concerns are clearly visible on this site. You know the questions we want answers to. If you tackle these points and win the argument the mood WILL change. Months and months of silence is not helping.

Again, Wednesday night forums will never be the right way of speaking to the fan base(AND CHARGIN US £2 TO GET IN!!! :ranting: ). There are more people online tonight here than there will be at any forum.

Our fears and concerns are clearly visible on this site. You know the questions we want answers to. If you tackle these points the mood WILL change. Months and months of silence is not helping.

Again, Wednesday night forums will never be the right way of speaking to the fan base. There are more people online tonight here than there will be at any forum.

That is singularly your best post EVER! I posted something similar at the beginning of November, I was shot down by many on here....

Direct plea to TTA in November...

Edited by oafcprozac