Failsworth ground share with FC United ?

Pointless club F*** em and their poxy fans trying to take the moral high ground.

'I'm from Rochdale and I don't believe what the Glazer's are doing is right so I'll follow a new team'

1. Follow Rochdale

2. The Glazer's see you at the top of the table

3. Stop going to the pub to watch Man United games it is FCUM or Man U, you cannot follow both.

The whole prospect of us moving to the doundaries of Newton Heath, Gorton and Failsworth is so ridiculous I dont think that sharing if FCUM is any more crazy than the prospect of us moving into an arse end corner of Manchester. Besides, FC United have more of a right to play within walking distance of their spiritual home of Newton Heath than we do. The site earmarked is closer to Newton Heath than it is Oldham, so I it would make sense for FCUM.

Wouldn't affect me anyway though, I wouldn't watch or support a team that plays its home games in Manchester, end of.

Maybe so...still doesn't answer the point about being moved there and then someone coming in and making the changes I point out. Once we're in Failsworth...there is no turning back. New owner can point out Failsworth Athletic makes much more sense, as does FCscUM coming to groundshare etc etc.

Once the horse has bolted and all that...

How would changing our name from Oldham to Failsworth Athletic help us in any shape or form apart from show that we represent a smaller town. Do you think Bolton who play in Horwich consider changing their name to Horwich Wanderers.

It would be of no benefit whatsoever to anyone whatsoever so for that reason I am fairly confident it would never happen regardless of a ownership.

I think we can also safely say sharing with FCUM as a none starter an all. Anyoneelse a little pissed off with all these premier league AFC's springing up If you want to watch none league football go and watch your local none league side not some bastardised version of a premiership club.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Has anyone thought this might be a possibility, with FC United close to their spiritual Newton Heath home and Latics of course still playing in the Borough of Oldham?

Another thought is that around £5,000 a match (which is what I believe it costs them at Bury now) would be good income for Latics.

My initial reaction is :censored: off! But, if I were sit down and really mull over the potential benefits, perhaps I could bring myself around to thinking :censored: off, you attention-seeking Manc :censored: .

Middleton lad here M24, within the boro of Rochdale ! Always considered Failsworth,Hollinwood to be Oldham anyway! Royton would be nice but if not ......so what ....JUST LAY A F**KING BRICK AND SHOW ME SOMETHING IS MOVING FORWARD!!!!!!!

Edited by lookersgeez

No way in hell, it might make financial sense but i don'r care, no. I'm pro Failsworth at the moment but that would be too far.

I completely agree, also as fairly pro-Failsworth.

Sharing with FCUM , and I am a fully signed up anti Failsworth.

Besides sharing with FCUM will hinder the commercial viability at FAilsworth, 2 miles from City's ground rules out floating City supporters.

I completely agree, also as fairly pro-Failsworth.

Sharing with FCUM , and I am a fully signed up anti Failsworth.

Besides sharing with FCUM will hinder the commercial viability at FAilsworth, 2 miles from City's ground rules out floating City supporters.

Likewise.

Good to remember that this is only an idea floated by a member of this message board rather than a club proposal of course :)