Well...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

erm who penney mostly brought in!

"erm" - this is the singlemost annoying thing that one can ever type.

The eleven twerps on the pitch, and before you say anything - please don't be pedantic and actually count the players he's brought in who are playing tonight to make a point. I'm sure it's not the whole eleven, but you get my point.

Saturday evening all was well in the province, tonight - after getting beat by a team we were always going to struggle against it's back to the daft "Penny Out" :censored:e, which when you think about it is something we actually need to avoid - for the payout if nothing else. It may be cheaper to friggin go down. Which we probably won't do - look at the rubbish around us.

I don't remember Joe Royle receiving the same :censored:e after we were getting dry arse raped every weekend last season.

The eleven twerps on the pitch, and before you say anything - please don't be pedantic and actually count the players he's brought in who are playing tonight to make a point. I'm sure it's not the whole eleven, but you get my point.

Saturday evening all was well in the province, tonight - after getting beat by a team we were always going to struggle against it's back to the daft "Penny Out" :censored:e, which when you think about it is something we actually need to avoid - for the payout if nothing else. It may be cheaper to friggin go down. Which we probably won't do - look at the rubbish around us.

I don't remember Joe Royle receiving the same :censored:e after we were getting dry arse raped every weekend last season.

erm, firstly I do not have the desire to count the players Penney bought in but I would bet it is the majority. Secondly, his players or not it his responsiblity to motivate them. Otherwise, the players do not respect him with is a much bigger worry. Thirdly, When Royle was in charge we were safe from relegation so he was hardly going to receive the same abuse was he.

Edited by laticsmad

Take a look at the god damn table squire!

with 15 mins left we had 60% of the possesion and swindon had 4 shots on target.

we cant have been that bad.

I agree based on the info, we had more shots off target too, hence our inability to convert cost us and what sounds like a mad fe minutes before and after half time.

But we scored two!!!!.......ye gods...we scored two.....pick me up off the floor someone please... :grin:

erm, firstly I do not have the desire to count the players Penney bought in but I would bet is the majority. Secondly, his players or not it his responsiblity to motivate the players. Otherwise, the players do not respect him with is a much bigger worry. Thirdly, When Royle was in charge we was safe from relegation so he was hardly going to receive the same abuse washe.

Good, you'll would have had to take your socks off. Maybe. I doubt it. We were no better then, than we were now. In fact 12 months ago the rot set in.

Short term fixes, it's always short term fixes - that's the whole crux of the matter. And probably why we're still in Division 3 FFS.

We've been on this particular downward spiral since Jan 2009. There is nothing to suggest that a change of personnel at the top of the team staff, at this stage of the season would put us in any better position. In fact we'd be worse off, we'd get a nobody manager who was definitely unproven, and we'd have to pay Davey-Boy off.

with 15 mins left we had 60% of the possesion and swindon had 4 shots on target.

we cant have been that bad.

its what you do with 60% of possesion obviously not enough and dont come back with "we scored 2 goals " by that time the game was already over swindon had most probably taken the foot of the gas by then

Short term fixes, it's always short term fixes - that's the whole crux of the matter. And probably why we're still in Division 3 FFS.

Tell you what. All the long posts, all the cross-examinations, all the threads upon threads of anti-Penney crap week after week. This quote above puts entirely what I can ever have to say about the matter.

Well done, and well said Matt.

its what you do with 60% of possesion obviously not enough and dont come back with "we scored 2 goals " by that time the game was already over swindon had most probably taken the foot of the gas by then

That's a Swindon team that at this time, this season, are simply better than us. They're on a good run.

it's an improvement though. i didn't go so will have to wait and see what people say.

keep on moaning if you like. what good will it do. this season is now about survival and i didnt expect to take any points from tonight.

Swindon - Top team, top striker and money behind them.

Oldham - Poor team, no strikers and skint.

We were never really going to win this game was we? 4-2 sounds bad but every shot on target in the match went in so sometimes you just get these sort of games. It's so simple to sack Penney but I reckon if we got rid of him now then we'd go down. We've 3 games in hand - we could be mid-table especially if we start scoring so lets just all calm down eh! Every game is a big match now and we should focus on Walsall now and see if we can put in a performance against them.

Seriously how often have we won South of Birmingham on a Tuesday night? When was the last time we won in the SW? Yes, Swindon won 4-2 and Yes we were 4-0 down but from the stats we were on top before they scored. Swindon have a reasonable side this year and have found someone from non-league who is scoring for fun.

Don't get on the players/manager's back when you weren't at the game if those who were say we were :censored: then I'd believe them (except I don't remember Diego ever being the sort of person to say something like that). Anyone expecting us to win tonight needs their head looking at. A point would have been a great result but not for some its Penney out time. Anyone who thinks the owners should fire Penney after tonight might as well go support PLC. 4-0 down under Shez and it would have ended up 6 or 7, with Penney he made a strange call (taking off Abbott for Colbeck) but it proved to be good one as Colbeck had a hand in both goals. With how naff the league is goal difference may matter and two goals in such a loosing cause may prove to be vital.

Heads down, no coming back.

This is depressing.

The bright spot of the game.

That the heads did not drop.

Basically, we were unluckly with 2 clearly offside goals (And Roy is defintely NOT biased, ahem)

And we had a goal disallowed.

So morally it is 3-2 to us

And we outplayed 'em first half. :wink:

I've just got back from the city of manchester stadium after being offered someones ticket for the night, and if people think Penney plays negative football, they want to see Mancini's city. Nuff said!!!!

Regarding tonights result, cant comment too much as I was in all honesty expecting swindon to put at least two past us, and as ackey quite rightly said, they are pure and simply better than us this season, and one of the reasons why they are where they are is because they take their chances, and have two strikers in austin and paynter who are capable of scoring 15-20 goals each.

Re the Penney outers (have not read the whole thread but I gathered from some of the posts on this page that there may be some Penney Out posts), at end of the day its a results game, and I will admit I am far from Penneys biggest fan, but its common sense that you dont spend 150k to pay your management team off unless you are bloody confident there is a manager out there who would 1) want to come and 2) do a better job at the moment. The only manager in my opinion who comes anywhere near fitting that category is Peter Taylor.

If we were playing a team like exeter or tranmere tonight I would be somewhat more pissed off!!