Visit to look at the accounts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank TTA for supporting the club, but if they say they have the money available to buy players to keep us in league 1 (and it'll cost around £200k if we're relegated), why don't they pump extra cash in at the start of the season for new players. If we get promoted they'll get the money back...I know its not my money though LOL

Piegate:

Neither of us heard the original broadcast so can't comment on that

directly. However, if Simon Corney did state that the club lost £10,000

directly in food wastage due to cancelled matches then that was a mistake

and was acknowledged as such during the meeting. The £10k related to

losses, not necessarily club losses. The club did lose money (impossible

to quantify) through lost revenue from their service provider due to

smaller gates at re-arranged games and there were direct food wastage

costs to the club relating to meals for the Sponsors boxes. These are not

part of the contract with Azure. Other wastage losses would have been

borne by the service provider along the lines of the contract.

Simon stated in the meeting that he was asked to do the interview as an

example of many people in the smaller clubs affected by the weather rather

than it being specifically a program about the effects on Latics. As such

he may have given a ball park figure of the total food-related costs of

the weather-affected matches rather than the cost directly to the

club/owners.

Other costs of postponed games include wages (matchday staff were already

at Boundary Park by the time the Brentford match was called off and

therefore still had to be paid) and the travel costs of the away team. If

a game is called off after the away team has already set off, the home

team must cover all travelling and accommodation expenses for the

rearranged game.

i asked barry:

1.are the TTA ACTIVELY seeking outside investment?

2.are the TTA ACTIVELY seeking to sell the club at the right price to them,to the right person.

he answered no to both.

your above point seems to tie in with my questions..

SC repeated in the meeting that they had had meetings with various potential investors with a view to them coming on board but had not found anyone who they believed was right for the club. He said that if someone with big bucks and the right intentions came along then yes they would hand over to them but he specifically said that they were not actively seeking for buyers because they don't want out of the project.

Piegate:

Neither of us heard the original broadcast so can't comment on that

directly. However, if Simon Corney did state that the club lost £10,000

directly in food wastage due to cancelled matches then that was a mistake

and was acknowledged as such during the meeting. The £10k related to

losses, not necessarily club losses. The club did lose money (impossible

to quantify) through lost revenue from their service provider due to

smaller gates at re-arranged games and there were direct food wastage

costs to the club relating to meals for the Sponsors boxes. These are not

part of the contract with Azure. Other wastage losses would have been

borne by the service provider along the lines of the contract.

shame he never went back to talksport radio and corrected that mistake then.

SC repeated in the meeting that they had had meetings with various potential investors with a view to them coming on board but had not found anyone who they believed was right for the club. He said that if someone with big bucks and the right intentions came along then yes they would hand over to them but he specifically said that they were not actively seeking for buyers because they don't want out of the project.

cheers for that andy...more info than what barry give me.

if the "project"(is that the stadium project or the football project?)isn't it no longer a case of challenging but merely existing?

they have said they don't have the funds to put into the team to challenge with the rest,so now its a case of stagnating /survive?

in the end the club isn't about a stadium..its about football.

the football dictates everything else.

shame he never went back to talksport radio and corrected that mistake then.

SC: 'Hi Talksport, do you remember that interview I gave weeks ago regarding the cost of postponed matches?'

TS: 'Er, yes.'

SC: 'Well, I'm afraid I made a terrible error regarding the cost of the wasted pies.'

TS: 'Oh. Ok.'

if the "project"(is that the stadium project or the football project?)isn't it no longer a case of challenging but merely existing?

they have said they don't have the funds to put into the team to challenge with the rest,so now its a case of stagnating /survive?

We can't say anything about the motives of the owners on the basis of a financial report, and it's for them to defend themselves if they want to. We did find that the wage bill hasn't been reduced year on year and remains at a level that creates heavy losses, whether that is enough, or too much or too little is of course a matter of opinion.

We can't say anything about the motives of the owners on the basis of a financial report, and it's for them to defend themselves if they want to. We did find that the wage bill hasn't been reduced year on year and remains at a level that creates heavy losses, whether that is enough, or too much or too little is of course a matter of opinion.

well i think we are all of the same opinion the product on the pitch hasn't improved..its been on the slide since Jan 09.

SC: 'Hi Talksport, do you remember that interview I gave weeks ago regarding the cost of postponed matches?'

TS: 'Er, yes.'

SC: 'Well, I'm afraid I made a terrible error regarding the cost of the wasted pies.'

TS: 'Oh. Ok.'

well if he was quick enough to make a big song and dance about it on national radio,only to say it was a mistake weeks later in the company of 5 people,i'm sure he should think before coming out with other rash claims...

well if he was quick enough to make a big song and dance about it on national radio,only to say it was a mistake weeks later in the company of 5 people,i'm sure he should think before coming out with other rash claims...

Or perhaps when speaking on national radio about the plight of smaller clubs, not just Latics, he allowed himself some creative licence to point out that the loss of £10k to clubs at this level from pies alone would be a considerable loss, whilst Premiership clubs like Pompy will happily ply themselves with debt to pay £80k a week to mediocre players.

I know you are a bit cynical, and we should definately question things, but I do implore you to at least grudgingly acknowledge that the TTA have been open and I am sure you count on the finger of one finger how many other clubs would do this.

Or perhaps when speaking on national radio about the plight of smaller clubs, not just Latics, he allowed himself some creative licence to point out that the loss of £10k to clubs at this level from pies alone would be a considerable loss, whilst Premiership clubs like Pompy will happily ply themselves with debt to pay £80k a week to mediocre players.

i've said my bit.

he was wrong.he's admitted he was wrong.

the fact i'm trying to make here is that some folk here believe EVERY word that comes out of his gob...i don't and i'll question everything till i'm satisfied.

i'm satisfied regarding this because he was wrong.

end of.

I know you are a bit cynical, and we should definately question things, but I do implore you to at least grudgingly acknowledge that the TTA have been open and I am sure you count on the finger of one finger how many other clubs would do this.

i'm a huge cynic in all things in life..question before belief.

this is no grudge,its me asking reasons as to their actions and sayings.

they may seem open to everyone ,but i'm very sure there is plenty in the cupboard not wanting to see the light of day.

i'm a huge cynic in all things in life..question before belief.

this is no grudge,its me asking reasons as to their actions and sayings.

they may seem open to everyone ,but i'm very sure there is plenty in the cupboard not wanting to see the light of day.

But Johhny, there is no fundamental ifference between OAFC and your business.

You are both private businesses, you are entitled to keep your accounts private from your customers.

Would you open your books to any Tom Dick Harry or Andy just to keep your customers happy from constantly accusing you of ripping them off.

It is remarkable that they have allowed it, and should be applauded.

And you will have plans that don't make the light of day, ideas, records that you have sold at a big profit, records that you have made a loss.

But Johhny, there is no fundamental ifference between OAFC and your business.

You are both private businesses, you are entitled to keep your accounts private from your customers.

Would you open your books to any Tom Dick Harry or Andy just to keep your customers happy from constantly accusing you of ripping them off.

It is remarkable that they have allowed it, and should be applauded.

And you will have plans that don't make the light of day, ideas, records that you have sold at a big profit, records that you have made a loss.

i see no comparison.

i sell a product..you buy,i send, you happy(hopefully!) end.

they own a very public product that affects us every day,that we have had in our lives way before they turned up.

i commend their decision to allow this to happen,but i'm very sure the whole story wasn't presented.

as for records that i sell making a huge profit..mmm had a £77.70 profit on one last week..have bloody loads that won't sell either(now freebies).

who cares who knows..the taxman is happy,so hey ho!

(paul mccartney might be an old fart,but he paid for my beers last week!)

Edited by johnny punkster

i see no comparison.

i sell a product..you buy,i send, you happy(hopefully!) end.

they own a very public product that affects us every day,that we have had in our lives way before they turned up.

i commend their decision to allow this to happen,but i'm very sure the whole story wasn't presented.

as for records that i sell making a huge profit..mmm had a £77.70 profit on one last week..have bloody loads that won't sell either(now freebies).

who cares who knows..the taxman is happy,so hey ho!

(paul mccartney might be an old fart,but he paid for my beers last week!)

No probs with any of that post JP, apart from the fact that it makes no difference it is a public prodcut or not.

I am not sying they say this or look at it like this (evidence is to the contrary) but why should the TTA not say:

i sell a ticket..you buy, come and watch, you happy(hopefully!) end.

Appreciate the commendation on opening the books.

But I am sure if you were every to sell Johhny's Goggles or open the books you'd not show everything.

But i don't want to enter a slanging match I do see a lot of what you are trying to say, and I wuld not want you to think you are right to be forensic and commend you for that.

Edited by singe

Great. We are allowed rare access to a club's books, looking at turnover of millions, sharing infornmation that is denied to most supporters , and there's posts about SC saying pies instead of catering plus other income being affected by postponement.

you'd like to say it's "unbelievable" but, sadly, it isn't.

re: the comments about them not making money out of OAFC - what the hell's wrong with them ultimately making money out of it as long as they leave us in a better state than they found us???

Well said.

The openness of our Directors always amazes me.

TTA = good guys, in my book.....still don't wanna go to Failsworth though :lol:

Edited by Yard Dog