Visit to look at the accounts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for putting the time and effort in chaps.

So the cost of going down is at least £200k (at the moment), and could be hit much harder by reduced crowds. Pretty much has to put paid to the fact that DP's job is safe? I mean surely its cheaper to sack him and pay up his contract IF they feel the need? Anyone else think so?

Before you all start I am not trying to change it to a Penney out campaign, I just want to know views?

It seems to me there is too much emphasis on quantity of playing staff rather than quality, with the development squad/Hungarians adding to costs yet little signs of it flourishing.

I would like to see a trimmer more competitive squad in future.

Thanks for taking the time out to do this, I am sure would have been fascinating and full credit to Alan Hardy, Neil Joy and Simon Corney for granting access.

Could you ask Alan whether the player's salaries drop should the club be relegated, I would hope that the club would use commonsense and have a figure based on League One because you can bet your bottom dollar the players have an increase in the event of promotion!

I don't want to appear to be Mr Doom and Gloom, but surely with a playing wage bill of £1.6million we should be performing slightly better in the League table and would be doing if he was shown the door!

Thanks for putting the time and effort in chaps.

So the cost of going down is at least £200k (at the moment), and could be hit much harder by reduced crowds. Pretty much has to put paid to the fact that DP's job is safe? I mean surely its cheaper to sack him and pay up his contract IF they feel the need? Anyone else think so?

Before you all start I am not trying to change it to a Penney out campaign, I just want to know views?

But that assumes that sacking him would ensure survival, which is absolutely not guaranteed (particularly as any new manager is unlikely to be a world-beating legend with our budget and reputation, and would have to make do with the same players). If we sacked Penney and his staff, hired a new man and his own staff, and still went down, then we're in even more financial trouble.

Thanks for taking the time out to do this, I am sure would have been fascinating and full credit to Alan Hardy, Neil Joy and Simon Corney for granting access.

Could you ask Alan whether the player's salaries drop should the club be relegated, I would hope that the club would use commonsense and have a figure based on League One because you can bet your bottom dollar the players have an increase in the event of promotion!

I don't want to appear to be Mr Doom and Gloom, but surely with a playing wage bill of £1.6million we should be performing slightly better in the League table and would be doing if he was shown the door!

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I assume that the figures for wages should include non-playing staff, reserves, management and other such?

Good work from the guys regardless, and interesting to see how this all fits together. You'd think that for £3.5m you could run a competitive football club at this standard, but it looks like we're struggling to make ends meet. Does beg the question where the rest of the league would balance out if their accounts were scrutinised.

Also, nice to see that the owners are willing to sit in on this sort of thing and good to see that there are people on here who can acknowledge that rather than the dimwits who seem to think that they have a secret agenda that includes sending us down. I would second the calls on here though that surely this should be something that Bazza Owen should be looking to pull together as part of his remit as Trust Chairman...

You serious? I seem to remember that Leeds and norwichhad a wage bill of 6/7 million.... and that even Swindon, Millwall, Colchester, 'udders et al were about 4/5mil.... i'd say we are exactly where we should be with our current wage bill...

But that assumes that sacking him would ensure survival, which is absolutely not guaranteed (particularly as any new manager is unlikely to be a world-beating legend with our budget and reputation, and would have to make do with the same players). If we sacked Penney and his staff, hired a new man and his own staff, and still went down, then we're in even more financial trouble.

You clearly didnt read what I was asking properly or the report itself. I never said anything about Dave Penney's staff and you will find in most cases when a manager parts company his staff follow by choice. In terms of the players, I dont think we have particularly bad players, they just need some tactics, training and direction (it was also confirmed in the report that TTA would make some money available for players if needed). In terms of a new manager being a world beater I agree but I would back any competent attack minded manager to do a better job than Penney right now. If you set your stall out to draw 3 games you might get one result which gets you 1 point. If you set your stall out to win 3 games and only get one result you get 3 points. :wink:

Excellent report lads, and something i can now use as evidence against them ones who think TTA are making money and not helping the club,

no doubt some people will find something that can be taken the wrong way in this and will go on bout how evil TTA are etc.

I like how open they where and the details they shared, not many clubs will do that to fans

As most people will be aware, Boundary Park is not an asset of the football club and Tangible assets in total are only approximately £700k. This mainly comprises of buildings and equipment.

excellent work lads.....your efforts and time are much appreciated.

is it possible to find out/reveal exactly who or what our beloved boundary park now belongs to??

re : my last post............. please don`t let it be o.m.b.c who own the ground !!!!

anyone but them ......coz bad trouble will certainly await us at some point if they do !!

Yup such as they want to hold a conference, therefore postponing our match so they can make themselves a bit of money

It goes to show though doesnt it on how much low attendances has an effect on the finances, and just how badly we need the extra income of a new stadium, when you compare that budget with that of leeds, norwich, even colchester and huddersfield its a suprise that we can even expect to be competitive with them.

Latics & England and leeslover, many thanks for doing this and reporting so clearly. It does show that for all their faults (peceived and otherwise) the owners are open and honest. It also shows that things can be achieved when fans decide to act rather than just sit here and ponitificate.

I honestly don't believe there is any subtext to what you were told or any degree of covering stuff up; seems to me your questions were answered directly with as much info as they can reasonably be expected to disclose. So I also applaud Simon, Neil and Alan.

As I understand it, Boundary Park (i.e. 'the ground'), the land it is built on and the surrounding land (car park and from the border of Clayton Fields to the top car park on Sheepfoot Lane) is owned by TTA through a separate company (Brass Bank Ltd.??). This is always the kind of thing that leads to conspiracy theories and predictions of doom, but I believe it's a common arrangement and that there are some good accounting and business reasons that ownership (and therefore liability) is divided in this way.

The above is mostly my conjecture - some degree of confirmation from Simon would be useful to help clarify how it works (and perhaps how the BP disposal side of the Failsworth project is structured).

Edited by garcon

It goes to show though doesnt it on how much low attendances has an effect on the finances, and just how badly we need the extra income of a new stadium, when you compare that budget with that of leeds, norwich, even colchester and huddersfield its a suprise that we can even expect to be competitive with them.

get an entertaining team,who give 100% and achieve results and the floaters will return..no matter the craphole we play in.