Stockport Post Game Thread

bear

lowest scorers vs second lowest scorers, hardly going to be a thriller was it

If only we had grabbed a second and then at the end it would have been joint lowest scorers v. joint lowest scorers.

3 points is 3 points and we are only 25 points off beating Shez's (and JR) total from last year (i can't see that happening- but we could easily be closer to that than relegation).

As for April- we have Gillingham at home (they haven't won away all year- but no doubt the negative people will say that they will break that record against us as usual) 3 points for me. Hudds away- local derby form book often goes out of the window in those we have a chance of a point. Bristol Rovers at home- a point there for me. MK Dons away- depends on how much they have to play for could see us getting a point but more likely 0. Carlisle away- probably a very boring 0-0. Southampton away- see MK Dons. Southend at home- if we don't have anything to play for (they will) a point, if we do I think we'll get all 3. Let's call that 8 points bearing in mind we are currently 7 points clear I can't see the teams below us catching us if those predictions run true. Not to mention the games we have left in march which are all eminetly winnable.

We are getting better and considering DP is our first manager in a few years having to start the season without being involved the season before I'm not surprised we struggled early on. Go on be honest how many of us thought Stephens was going to be our first choice midfielder come March, even with everyone fit, I know I didn't.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't go so forgive me and correct me if I'm wrong...

Bottom of the table who should be 2 up, giving us the run around, ref sends one of them off and gifts us a goal, and from then on it was protecting what we had, with a few hairy moments, in the end clinging on to the 3 points.

Or was it all us and on another day could've been a cricket score?

Anyway whatever happened, it sure is dull.

E4e

ZZZZZ

I went and I agree with your 2nd and 4th paragraphs.

The result was crucial but the manner of victory was not good.

I agree that the most important thing is the 3pts given the position we're in... but its the managers fault we're in this position. Is having to come from behind via a last gasp penalty to earn a point at home to a team 2nd bottom, and scraping a 1-0 win against 10 men that are the worst team in the league acceptable?

And the question that no-one seems to answer;

And bring in who?

At the moment I'd go for Duxbury. Penney will be here for the rest of the season. I can't see him getting the sack for being 7 points clear of relegation.

I agree that the most important thing is the 3pts given the position we're in... but its the managers fault we're in this position. Is having to come from behind via a last gasp penalty to earn a point at home to a team 2nd bottom, and scraping a 1-0 win against 10 men that are the worst team in the league acceptable?

Yes given the position we are in

3 points were the important thing tonight and we got them.

But that performance was shocking I wouldn't of argued had Stockport won the game nevermind drew it, they had the best chances, 2 great saves from Flahavan and a header off the line by Gregan? (it looked like it was goin in but didn't have the best view so will let others decide) Very few chances by us, their keeper really should of saved the pen having got a good hand to it.

We couldn't pass the ball and that had nothing to do with the pitch as Stockport and in particular Perkins passed it easy enough. The forwards were pretty much isolated up front again, Taylor was awful didn't look interested Smalley was a bit better but still not good enough. Guy did well with the turn to get the penalty but apart from being cought offside time and time again didn't show much else.

Overall I thought we were very lucky to come away with the points tonight but i'll take it.

Fans reaction at full time said it all really.

And bring in who?

Jim Gannon (not defo at posh next season due to his wife not wanting to move and fry interfering)

John Coleman - done wonders on f all budget at stanley, almost in the playoffs and played us off the park 2nd half in the jpt, they ATTACK!

Keith Hill - never know a bigger wage budget and future outlook re the stadium plans may interest him

Eddie Howe - again see coleman, good attacking team.

Plenty of options

But DP only has 1 more year on his contract, so whatever happens i think he should have a full year next year to show his worth, then if we do nothing or dont show promise off you go dave.

At 7.45 i would have gladly taken a :censored:e performance and 3 points.

Thankfully that's what we got , because the local papers in Stockport will report the usual , Should have won but didn't take our chances. At least we wont be reporting that.

Yes the goalie made a couple of great saves but that's what he is there for.

They would have soon been on his back if he hadn't. Yes county missed 3 great chances but thats why they are bottom of the league.

Couldn't believe the knob heads chanting for Penny out at the end when we have just won.

No doubt they will call themselves supporters but i would suggest they look the word up in the dictionary to see what it means !!!

Yeah, screw winning at Elland Road and Goodison. Let's win at Stockport, in a match I (and many, many others) didn't go to because this season's 'new attitude' has given us negative, uninspring, will-to-live sapping, absolute dross week after week.

Or, to put a positive (gasp!) spin on it, maybe we've learnt to win ugly, we now need to build a squad over the summer that's also capable of winning on a grander stage.

Edited by JoeP

And bring in who?

Look, dont get me wrong. I'm happy with the 3 points tonight because I cant see us picking many points up in April. However right now I would try anyone other than Penney. It was absolute dross and Stockport have to be the worst team I have ever seen in this division. We didnt push on at all against 10 men who struggled and it is very negative to watch. I'm losing interest very fast. I dont know how many feel the same but I wont be buying a season ticket with this man in charge and wont even be picking my games.

Maybe promote from within....... Dux, Philliskirk, even Greegs? Anyone but this negative tosser!

Jim Gannon (not defo at posh next season due to his wife not wanting to move and fry interfering)

John Coleman - done wonders on f all budget at stanley, almost in the playoffs and played us off the park 2nd half in the jpt, they ATTACK!

Keith Hill - never know a bigger wage budget and future outlook re the stadium plans may interest him

Plenty of options

But DP only has 1 more year on his contract, so whatever happens i think he should have a full year next year to show his worth, then if we do nothing or dont show promise off you go dave.

And would any of those be given a fair crack at the job if we lose, say 3 out of the first 5 games?

Look, dont get me wrong. I'm happy with the 3 points tonight because I cant see us picking many points up in April. However right now I would try anyone other than Penney. It was absolute dross and Stockport have to be the worst team I have ever seen in this division. We didnt push on at all against 10 men who struggled and it is very negative to watch. I'm losing interest very fast. I dont know how many feel the same but I wont be buying a season ticket with this man in charge and wont even be picking my games.

Maybe promote from within....... Dux, Philliskirk, even Greegs? Anyone but this negative tosser!

That was awful tonight, I've NEVER known the fans so pissed off despite winning the game. He may get us out of trouble this season but whoever he signs we'll be in the same position next year. Oh and Guy's injured, shortly before being subbed he signalled to the bench. Taylor is feckin' clueless! Furman poor, poor player. As for taking Pav off.............

Plenty of options

Without a shadow of a doubt.

most boring game i've seen in a long while.

More confirmation that I hate football the Dave Penney way. Awful.

It's just a good job a) stockport went down to 10 men and B) Stockport are :censored:.

Fantasy land.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

most boring game i've seen in a long while.

More confirmation that I hate football the Dave Penney way. Awful.

It's just a good job a) stockport went down to 10 men and B) Stockport are :censored:.

But may have beaten us convincingly if they'd kep their full quota. 2 great stops by Flav at 0-0, Perkins ran the show. We had the headless Turd Taylor and the colour-blind turd in Furman.

But may have beaten us convincingly if they'd kep their full quota. 2 great stops by Flav at 0-0, Perkins ran the show. We had the headless Turd Taylor and the colour-blind turd in Furman.

Perkins always runs the show against us. Not that any of our management would ever have the vision to spot a quality player like him. Only player on the pitch who was trying to play football whilst everyone else tried to see "who can get the closest to hitting one of those planes that keep flying over."

They had 3 good chances early on.