Has ANDY COLLETT earned his corn this season?

there was me thinking flahavan was in goal against brighton

Personally i didn't think Brill should have been dropped, he's been playing well (certainly far better than he did early on in the season) and it was a bit harsh to drop him after letting in one howler. By the same logic, Abbott should be dropped for missing the penalty on Saturday.

and presumably Collett's also coaching Flahavan at the moment?

Personally i didn't think Brill should have been dropped, he's been playing well (certainly far better than he did early on in the season) and it was a bit harsh to drop him after letting in one howler. By the same logic, Abbott should be dropped for missing the penalty on Saturday.

yup i would imagine so,and the young reserve keeper as well...

brill has been playing better,and yes was unlucky to be dropped,but penney had to be seen to be doing something tomake changes.

and yes,id drop abbott for a game...make him realise he isnt guarenteed his place unless he performs...give young eaves a chance with guy,both got a bit of pace,and young tom looks a handfull

and yes,id drop abbott for a game...make him realise he isnt guarenteed his place unless he performs...give young eaves a chance with guy,both got a bit of pace,and young tom looks a handfull

Couldn't agree more, i don't care if he is Penney's show pony, he didn't look interested on Saturday or v Wycombe. Dropping him would have made a lot more sense than dropping Brill and Jacobson, who've both been playing well.

Yes because theres been a remarked improvement in Dean Brill be all accounts.

Who next?

The TEA LADY.What exactly has she brought to the fold this season?!

I hear as a costcutting exercise the number of tea bags put in the tea-pot has been significantly reduced this year.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!

From "Deano's" first few games, where he looked completely out of his depth, he has improved on occasions to looking something like a capable league one keeper.

Jury is well and truly still out on that for me - really not sure about him; his cons outweigh his pros quite drastically at present.

Agree with you in terms of the signs of improvement; and i'd guess that Collett is in some way responsible for this; but for the me the improvement is from woeful to below average which still is not good enough.

Collett does look like a chav though :wink:

How many clean sheets this season?

and how much credit to the defence?

How many saves does he make a game thats the real question and the answer is not that many because he has had 8/10 a decent defence in front of him.

Hes an OK keeper who has improved recently but we need better if we want to go up the league next season

One howler ?? A couple of home games ago Brill let an easy cross slip through his fingers. It drifted past the post fortunately for us and unfortunately for the DVD football howlers producers. On targer and it would have been a classic.

There are times when Brill manages to look decent but if most of us are honest, you're just waiting for the next Brill cock up. It usually arrives, sooner rather than later.