http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Blog/...2018364,00.html

Seems to be bigging up Penney quite a bit.....

I guess that's the question answered then, good luck next season Dave.

thats what i thought,but its interesting to see how much more he bigs up penneys assistant.

and brutally honest about the season....looks like its another season with penney

Tbh I thought he was bigging up the effort from Dave and co, but was saying what matters is end product and they'll be making sure it changes (whether that's bye bye Dave or playing staff).

Good read though, and some interesting points.

Edited by Gentleman

Tbh I thought he was bigging up the effort from Dave and co, but was saying what matters is end product and they'll be making sure it changes (whether that's bye bye Dave or playing staff).

Good read though, and some interesting points.

I agree a good read and quite straight talking about the football and the results.

cheaper tickets next season?

It's not the answer. aking a quid or two off match prices or £20 off a season ticket isn't going to attract many more if any. You either want to go or not.

Perhaps increasing the budget, bringing better quality players in, spending some dosh on some young exciting players that would have a higher sell-on price in future? By doing that it increases optimism and gives the fans something to feel more positive about ahead of the new season.

thats what i thought,but its interesting to see how much more he bigs up penneys assistant.

and brutally honest about the season....looks like its another season with penney

It has been said before and this blog backs it up....Penney and Co are a very proffesional outfit behind the scenes and the work ethic is to be admired, however, it must be evident for all to see on matchdays with better football and entertainment.

It is going to be a difficult job to persuade fans to return to BP next year after the football we have produced this season and TTA may have to put in some more of their hard earned in order for us to compete near the top!

It looks like Penney will be here next season so I would imagine seasons ticket sales and therefore team building budgets will be much lower. If he is to stay, regardless of what happens in training, we have to hit the ground running and improve the match day experience.

It's a fine line between success and failure and hopefully we might suddenly click next year and put in a challenge for promotion.

One thing is obvious, another season like this one and there will be no fans to persuade!!!

It has been said before and this blog backs it up....Penney and Co are a very proffesional outfit behind the scenes and the work ethic is to be admired, however, it must be evident for all to see on matchdays with better football and entertainment.

It is going to be a difficult job to persuade fans to return to BP next year after the football we have produced this season and TTA may have to put in some more of their hard earned in order for us to compete near the top!

It looks like Penney will be here next season so I would imagine seasons ticket sales and therefore team building budgets will be much lower. If he is to stay, regardless of what happens in training, we have to hit the ground running and improve the match day experience.

It's a fine line between success and failure and hopefully we might suddenly click next year and put in a challenge for promotion.

One thing is obvious, another season like this one and there will be no fans to persuade!!!

i agree,next season if we manage to retain our league 1 status,is going to be a very big season for us,do as poorly as this one and i think we wont be too far from going under....fans will leave even more so and it really could be the end.

i think the owners have to realise at some point,that just making do isnt cutting it any more...short changing the fans each time the budget is reduced by having to bring in poor quality players....and keeping high turnstyle prices is going to harm us eventually..

i would like to see us compete more in terms of attracting a better quality or calibre of player..and going for it from day 1,regardless of who is in charge...

It's not the answer. aking a quid or two off match prices or £20 off a season ticket isn't going to attract many more if any. You either want to go or not.

Perhaps increasing the budget, bringing better quality players in, spending some dosh on some young exciting players that would have a higher sell-on price in future? By doing that it increases optimism and gives the fans something to feel more positive about ahead of the new season.

I was thinking more along the lines of a cheap season ticket scheme, but it'll be one or the other (better team or cheaper tickets) as it stands we're paying Championship prices for League 2 Football

I was thinking more along the lines of a cheap season ticket scheme, but it'll be one or the other (better team or cheaper tickets) as it stands we're paying Championship prices for League 2 Football

How does £279* for the Rochdale Road End grab you?

* Provided you're an existing ST holder?

Gregan holding motivational talks with individuals?

Good man management Gregan

"Keigan! Next time you miss a one-on-one I'll 'ave yer f***in' Jacob's!"

"Tayls! If you cut inside once more I'll stripe you, ginger bollocks!"

Why the F isn't the manager doing this!

Mmmm, let me see; why is he not out on the website doing a marketing job?

Maybe, as was alluded to, he was busy on the training ground sorting out the team. I know where I would rather him be.

EDIT

Having just re-read, you may be referring to the inspirational talks rather than the blog, as both were mentioned. In which case, am sure he is, but every little helps, as they say in Tesco land. But the above still stands for some of the replies generally seen on here.

Edited by bpmarko

Mmmm, let me see; why is he not out on the website doing a marketing job?

Maybe, as was alluded to, he was busy on the training ground sorting out the team. I know where I would rather him be.

Mmmmm let me see. Now it isn't the managers job to motivate players? The managers role starts and ends on the training ground? I know where I would rather him be. Doing his job all aspects not just traffic light drills on the training ground.

Mmmmm let me see. Now it isn't the managers job to motivate players? The managers role starts and ends on the training ground? I know where I would rather him be. Doing his job all aspects not just traffic light drills on the training ground.

Please see above, apologies if due.