how many points do we need

151 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Points Do We Need?

• We Have Enough
    • More

Most will vote on what they think is definite safety...how many we'll actually "need" won't be that high...I can't see Southend, Wycombe or the Tramps getting 47pts so we're safe already IMO. However, I'd like another win obviously just as I'd like us to win every game we play (even though that isn't realistically possible)

Wycombe and Tramps I can't see getting 47 points but having looked at the predictor thing on the BBC website I'm a little bit worried about Southend. They can catch 47 points (it would take them winning 3 games in a row which seems unlikely) as they have a easy run in (if Saints are hunting for a playoff spot on the last day I'd be highly surprised). Plus considering they are still to play us, I think we might be safe already but I would feel a lot happier with another win but provided we don't loose to Southend I'll be resting a lot easier.

Wycombe and Tramps I can't see getting 47 points but having looked at the predictor thing on the BBC website I'm a little bit worried about Southend. They can catch 47 points (it would take them winning 3 games in a row which seems unlikely) as they have a easy run in (if Saints are hunting for a playoff spot on the last day I'd be highly surprised). Plus considering they are still to play us, I think we might be safe already but I would feel a lot happier with another win but provided we don't loose to Southend I'll be resting a lot easier.

It amazes me how many people spell this wrong.

Aside from that, I agree, i think we are already safe and its Stockport, Wycombe, Southend, Gillingham/Tranmere who are down. In two minds about the trannies though as to whether I want them to go down. One one hand it would be great to see them struggle in the bottom tier for years to come, but on the other I would miss the games between us (especially 1-0 wins at PP).

the highest number of points a team has gone down on in recent seasons was when Torquay went down on 51 points in 2005, 52 would make us certainly safe but with Gillingham having to play Norwich, Leeds and Southampton, Hartlepool more than likely to lose 3 points for fielding a suspended player, and Tranmere 6 point behind. I think one more win should do it

Tranmere are effectively 7 pts behind with that hideous goal difference of their's. Hopefully we will beat Sarfend at home but i really do think 1 more point will definitely be enough.

It would be nice to be safe after we beat Southend at home. By then we would be on 50+ points and that may be enough.

Yeovil and Charlton could then be happy days - possibly even play with reckless attacking abandon - nice :lol:

Hartlepool:

Colchester Home (D) - Walsall Away (L) - Exeter home (D) - Brentford Away (L) = 2pts (Possible 3pt deduction leaves them on -1pts)

Oldham:

Carlisle Away (L) - Southampton Away (L) - Southend Home (W) - Yeovil Away (L) - Charlton (L) = 3pts

Exeter:

Tranmere Away (D) - Charlton Home (L) - Hartlepool Away (D) - Huddersfield Home (D) = 3pts

Leyton Orient:

Stockport Home (W) - Millwall Away (L) - Wycombe Home (D) - Colchester Away (L) = 4pts

Gillingham:

Leeds Home (L) - Norwich Away (L) - Southampton Home (L) - Wycombe Away (L) = 0pts

Tranmere:

Exeter Home (D) - Brentford Away (L) - Colchester Away (L) - Millwall Home (L) - Stockport Away (W) = 4pts

Southend:

Brighton Home (W) - Oldham Away (L) - Stockport Home (W) - Southampton Away (L) = 6pts

Wycombe:

MK Dons Away (L) - Swindon Home (D) - Leyton Orient Away (D) - Gillingham Home (W) = 5pts

Stockport:

Leyton Orient Away (L) - Huddersfield Home (L) - Southend Away (L) - Tranmere Home (L) = 0pts

________________________________________________________________________________

Thats my prediction which means the table will look like this come end of season:

16 Oldham 50

17 Exeter 49

18 Leyton Orient 49

19 Hartlepool 47

20 Southend 45

21 Tranmere 45

22 Gillingham 44

23 Wycombe 43

24 Stockport 25

Nothing unreasonable in my predictions there i think.

Oldham:

Carlisle Away (L) - Southampton Away (L) - Southend Home (W) - Yeovil Away (L) - Charlton (L) = 3pts

Thats my prediction which means the table will look like this come end of season:

16 Oldham 50

17 Exeter 49

18 Leyton Orient 49

19 Hartlepool 47

20 Southend 45

21 Tranmere 45

22 Gillingham 44

23 Wycombe 43

24 Stockport 25

Nothing unreasonable in my predictions there i think.

I hope that your prediction for latics is way off the mark!

3 points from our last fifteen is not what I expect from the tail end of the season - especially given our recent improvement - We will probably lose at Southampton but we will surely get something from the other games - more like 7 points for me. :grin:

I hope that your prediction for latics is way off the mark!

3 points from our last fifteen is not what I expect from the tail end of the season - especially given our recent improvement - We will probably lose at Southampton but we will surely get something from the other games - more like 7 points for me. :grin:

Its ok saying our recent revival, but bearing in mind mk dongs had half a team out and are playing for absolutely nothing, and had flahavan not pulled off that last minute (fortunate) save we would still all be whinging about how s**t we still are.

And my prediction is more of a worst case scenario for us. I dont see us picking up anything less than 3pts from our last 5 pts but anything more i feel will be a bonus. Maybe we can get a point or two at Carlisle & Yeovil and when we play Charlton we will probably be safe anyway and they will more than likely be chasing automatic and will have everything to play for. Southampton is a defeat no doubt about it in my eyes.

IF it comes down to Yeovil and Latics needing a point for security before last game can see a very dull encounter ;-) Quite possible 1 point each will be certain. Southend the key game anything else an utter bonus. Stockport have some games that matter.

True that. Both sides needing a draw to secure League 1 status - now theres a game DP would relish.

As far as I see it, we are pretty much there. Southend is a simple must not lose game. Even a draw in that and it is happy days IMO. I'd love to just win on saturday and pretty much box this bloody awful season off though....

Tranmere aren't gonna get 7 points more than us from the remaining games, believe me, pipe and slippers time already!!

In a season such as this one, I wish I had your confidence.....on paper Tranmere have Exeter, Brentford and Stockport, three very winnable games. If Southend beat Brighton at home and we lose at Carlisle and also as expected at Southampton the game against them will be massive and they would have nothing to lose and need to beat us to have any hope of staying up.

If that happened the goal difference would be very very close and they would play Stockport at home......Yeovil away and Charlton at home would become real nailbiters!!!

Yes, we are in a good position and hopefully, should be safe, but I would much rather beat Carlisle than have to go through all that.........We have to go all out for a win on Saturday and do it in style!!!

If Southend beat Brighton at home and we lose at Carlisle and also as expected at Southampton the game against them will be massive and they would have nothing to lose and need to beat us to have any hope of staying up.

I'd also rather be safe than having to score three against Southend to win the game. With Vernon and Spencer up front they are guaranteed to get at least two goals.

<_<