Good good! :)

So my guarenteed away trips for next year so far are:

Plymouth

Bristol Rovers

Walsall

Bournemouth

and the probables/possibles:

Swindon

Southampton (distance rather than the league they are in)

Yeovil

Exeter

Could be the best season of away trips ever (for everyone of course ;) )!

Didn't realise they were down to 10 men!

Their second goal was down to Flahaven coming for a cross that was never his. I'd have crucified Brill for the same mistake :wink: .

While Pav was poor first half, and I was pleased to see him replaced, we had nobody up top who could hold the ball up second half and as a result it just kept on coming back at us.

Southend were a poor side, the two Latics goals were crackers and worth seeing when they hit the TV screens.

Job done. Stayed up. Now we need to find a bit more grit in the middle of the park and some alternatives up top when Pav isn't about.

Edited by opinions4u

First half was the best I've seen us play all season, 2 cracking goals but Southend deserved a point from their second half performance

thought the first half today was magnificent..some really really good flowing passing football..two cracking goals and a very soft header for there first...

abbott didnt look like he wanted it today,could have squared to guy but chose the greedy option and nothing came of it....rightly subbed at half time,if he hadnt got the knock i would have still subbed him...poor effort today,think he should be rested now and let eaves have a go..

hazell mom...nope...thought it was whitts today.fantastic goal great play on the wing some crackingballs in...game should of been dead and buried at half time.

second half,well thats why were in the position we are...very very poor second showing...looked lethargic no consistancy and now great passing....if southend had of scored a third then i wouldnt of complained..they were much more direct with 10 men than we was with 11..

both goals down to flavs.....had it been brill he would have been crucified..but he pulled off a couple of great one on ones so i spose its ok..

safe now...give the kids a chance,try different things...start planning to get rid of the dead wood and bring in 4 or 5 quality signings...

Superb first half and two brilliant goals. Let the foot off the gas second half, and just lacked that killer instinct. Overall, the few boos at the end were completely unwarranted. First half we played some excellent stuff. Conceded two soft goals defensive wise...Rubes and Greegs have been clearing that sort of danger all season.

One last thing, that Paterson was single handedly the worst striker I've ever seen at BP. Even with all the crap we've had on loan in the past few years, that guy takes the biscuit. Can't believe it took so long for Tilson to take him off.

Superb first half and two brilliant goals. Let the foot off the gas second half, and just lacked that killer instinct. Overall, the few boos at the end were completely unwarranted. First half we played some excellent stuff. Conceded two soft goals defensive wise...Rubes and Greegs have been clearing that sort of danger all season.

One last thing, that Paterson was single handedly the worst striker I've ever seen at BP. Even with all the crap we've had on loan in the past few years, that guy takes the biscuit. Can't believe it took so long for Tilson to take him off.

The ginger guy who come on to replace him was a nasty little :censored:

Agree with opinions and Ed. Abbott wasn't good however after he took a knock and after a length re-start the momentum was lost and althought we were great and comfy by half time - second half the same team did not come out. Was it because Pav was subbed? he did set up Whitts first goal beautifully though.

Then Whitts cam ein off the wing into midfield and we somehow lost our shape and couldnot get a grip of midfield and I went from feeling that we could bang in another couple as there keeper was vey dodgy to thinking, oh crap this had draw all over it now.

And so it was. Giving the youngsters a run out is a good idea but the game had three points and oodles of more goals all over it until the second half started

A game of two halfs, oh well at least the sun stayed out

Agree with opinions and Ed. Abbott wasn't good however after he took a knock and after a length re-start the momentum was lost and althought we were great and comfy by half time - second half the same team did not come out. Was it because Pav was subbed? he did set up Whitts first goal beautifully though.

Then Whitts cam ein off the wing into midfield and we somehow lost our shape and couldnot get a grip of midfield and I went from feeling that we could bang in another couple as there keeper was vey dodgy to thinking, oh crap this had draw all over it now.

And so it was. Giving the youngsters a run out is a good idea but the game had three points and oodles of more goals all over it until the second half started

Southend went down to ten due to using two subs first half and one early second. They had one player go off injured and not return and another two who could barely move by the end of the match. Yet they made us look absolutely piss poor and created chances with ease. It's just a good job that they were :censored: infront of goal.

It is therefor an absolute embarrassment and sums up just how poor this season has been. We passed them all over first half and scored two cracking goals. What the f*ck happened second half I dont know. Came out and let a very poor relegated side control the game and get back into it. Thank god this season is as good as over. Definately not wasting my money on a season ticket again.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Was that centre half who scored southends equaliser (mvoto) the same one who played for sunderland in our pre season friendly?

He is a monster!!!!! would have him in our squad anyday

I wondered where I had heard that name before I would take him tomorrow he was a man mountain and he had abit of recovery pace an all he won everything.

Man of the match for me was Paul Black who looked very composed on the ball won alot of tackles got forward well and his distribution was excellent too plus he scored a screamer can't ask for anything more in a left back really.

I have a feeling abbot wont be seen again this season after the knock he was half heartedly going into challenges and couldnt turn with the ball at all.

I thought :censored: and Stepehes were both poor today not dire but just little things like too many bad/heavy touches and the final ball seemed to missing in the 1st half when we actually had some decent movement upfront.

Whitts was excellent first half not really in it in the 2nd. Bar a couple of shots near the end. Should have done more to stop the cross for thier 2nd he was totally flat footed when he was marking thier winger in the full back spot

Smalley was woeful - should have been off the pitch at half time for Millar or anyone else for that matter. Couldnt find a blue shirt for love nor money in the 1st half. He can head a ball and thats it.

We should have done better 2nd half today the midfield went walkabout and we couldnt hold the ball up after Pav went off. Eaves is only young but someone needs to work on his first touch.. We are safe but i felt like we had lost today so poor was the 2nd half

Edited by bluehobbit

paterson, didnt catch his name but i know who your on about. bet southend are really pleased he's their replacement for barnard. didnt get one pass right, cant shoot and L2 next year will be too good for him.

I wondered where I had heard that name before I would take him tomorrow he was a man mountain and he had abit of recovery pace an all he won everything.

Man of the match for me was Paul Black who looked very composed on the ball won alot of tackles got forward well and his distribution was excellent too plus he scored a screamer can't ask for anything more in a left back really.

not sure about black really. great goal, took it really well. reminded me of danny jones' last year vs hereford. but his control isnt the best and i wouldnt have said his distribution was excellent. but credit to him, he's definately improved since he's come in.

good first half, not so good second. we let southend come at us when we could have easily killed them off.

stephens was poor, eaves was decent, guy wasnt as good as he has been (why did he dummy it in injury time and not shoot?!)

we're staying up but we need to be better next season