Who is the worst Latics player ever?

David Currie along with Steve Agnew used to rip us apart when playing for Barnsley.

He had lost it when he joined us, Cloughie ruined him, but that goal against Notts County was one of the best I've ever seen at BP. I think the reason he's (wrongly) made this list is because of him sh*****g it when confronted by Schmeichel at Old Trafford, or maybe it's the way he used to clasp his hands above his head when acknowledging the crowd.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because, whilst not being the best player in the World, he wasn't nearly :censored: enough.

fair enough pal... don't know whether you went barnsley away when we lost 5-0? but for that performance alone he sticks in the back of my mind haha

Dean Crowe and Wayne Gill - two of the most unlikely professional footballers ever - total garbage

Graham Sharpe - shyte as centre foward - lazy and over-rated altho scored a few goals but should have finished the Scum at Wemberley when easier to score at 1-0 up... the rest is history !

Bruce Grobbellar - wtf were we doing taking that joker on ??

Killer a total joke also - turning circle of an oil tanker

Budz - my gran would have done better and shes been dead 20 years !!

Dean Crowe and Wayne Gill - two of the most unlikely professional footballers ever - total garbage

Graham Sharpe - shyte as centre foward - lazy and over-rated altho scored a few goals but should have finished the Scum at Wemberley when easier to score at 1-0 up... the rest is history !

Bruce Grobbellar - wtf were we doing taking that joker on ??

Killer a total joke also - turning circle of an oil tanker

Budz - my gran would have done better and shes been dead 20 years !!

Two things about that :

1) I seem to recall Graeme Sharp being pretty decent for us as a player.

2) Sorry to hear about your Gran. RIP..

Butcher was unfortunate in the sense that he came in at a time when expectation was quite high. He had the potential to be a fairly tidy player and showed it in glimpes, but his confidence got shot to pieces.

I blamed it on his white boots. Still do.

....nah Zorrro; all about the Sweat Bands.

White Boots, Sweat Bands, Tattoos, Nicky Clarke done hair......he was asking to be shot down.

But - truth be told, he wasnt that bad. Certainly not bad enough for this list.

Luigi Glombard, Dean Crowe and Maheta Malonga take some beating really....

Who was that Portuguese under 21 international from a top club over there (possibly Sporting Lisbon) who failed to impress against Mossley a few years ago?

Edited by BP1960

It has to be The Lord ... how many other players stats read apps 1 for a multitude of clubs

–2003 Djurgårdens IF 0 (0) 2002 → Värtans IK (loan) 16 (0) 2003–2004 Bolton Wanderers 0 (0) 2003 → Oldham Athletic (loan) 4 (0) 2004 → Rochdale (loan) 1 (0) 2004–2005 Stalybridge Celtic 1 (0) 2005–2006 NK Drava Ptuj 0 (0) 2006? Worthing 1 (0) 2006 Montrose 1 (0) 2007 Wealdstone 3 (0) 2008 Hednesford Town 0 (0) 2008 Radcliffe Borough 0 (0)

Ok I take that back, nowhere near the worst, but he was a lump who'd have been more at home on a rugby pitch

He was a good solid defender, I remember his debut on a cold Tuesday night at the FA Cup replay at Barrow, he carried the defence by himself last night. What is really starting to piss me off about this thread is people are just posting random names.