Should Latics switch bank holiday fixtures ?

Well? Whadda you think?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics switch bank holiday fixtures?

• Yes
    • No

100% disagree with absolutely everything in your post.

well there was a lot to disagree with lol

tbh dont think moving the rochdale game is going to affect the attendance what-so-ever its 5 miles down the road not like anyone is going to have to book the day off for travel is it. will be a big crowd regardless IMO

the walsall game dont think they will bring many anyway so the extra policing costs would be unwarranted

tbh dont think moving the rochdale game is going to affect the attendance what-so-ever its 5 miles down the road not like anyone is going to have to book the day off for travel is it. will be a big crowd regardless IMO

the walsall game dont think they will bring many anyway so the extra policing costs would be unwarranted

Sod the attendance debate. I want to go to a game on a bank holiday, not a Tuesday night, as I am assuming do many others.

(Plus, I do think it will affect the attendance.)

Sod the attendance debate. [b]I want to go to a game on a bank holiday, not a Tuesday night, as I am assuming do many others.[/b]

(Plus, I do think it will affect the attendance.)

go on then al agree with that would be nice to actually get a game on a bank holiday and not have to sit there watchin jeff stellings cheap replacement waffle rubbish

Actually, if they do they will be one less ST holder there as my ball and chain works away mon-fri

So BH Mon yes he can attend - Tuesday night no he can't

Edited by underdog

Actually, if they do they will be one less ST holder there as my ball and chain works away mon-fri

+1 My son has the same problem, and historically you do get bigger attendances on bank holidays.

It's getting to the point where fans are an afterthought.

Harder for me to get there aswell as I work later at the begining of the month harder for others who are further away aswell. This benefits knowone and its Oldham Rochdale FFS its not River Plate vs Boca Juniors or Galatasary vs Fenerbache. People have said their was trouble in the carling cup game a few years ago when we played well I didn't see it, it didn't make much waves either on here or in the local press I didn't see any riot police.

No benefit to moving it back 24 hours have it on Bank Holiday get BP packed and lets have a great atmosphere.

+1 My son has the same problem, and historically you do get bigger attendances on bank holidays.

It's getting to the point where fans are an afterthought.

These 3 guys don't give a **** about the fans anymore...yet more apathy and evidence of two fingers to those who still go and are hardcore. That Dale game, the club should be busting a gut to get people in!!! Perfect opportunity, with cold, wet January midweek games to say, buy a Dale ticket and get a free ticket for the next home game or something like that.

They talk with one head about losing fans, then they want to pull this one which will cost us over 1000 turning up. There WAS still a very solid 3,500 coming to OAFC while the rest of apathetic Oldham watches the greedy league on TV...that 3,500 is fast diminishing...I'd say TTA's apathy has knocked the hardcore well under 3,000 now. And further it will erode with the cutting back they've embarked on in the last yr or two. Yes things are tight...but we're meant to be going to Failsworth and taking something with us. Not at this rate!

Why dont they just bring the kick off forward to 1pm so that there's less chance of drink related trouble meaning the possibility of less old bill

It's not rocket science is it. A 1pm Monday kick off would also save the electricity needed for the floodlights for Tuesday night.

It's not rocket science is it. A 1pm Monday kick off would also save the electricity needed for the floodlights for Tuesday night.

Good point- I'm not sure we won't need floodlights for the later stages of the game. Approaching 3pm in early January will probably mean the floodlights will need to be on towards the end but won't have to be on from the start. That might save us a few bob too.

These 3 guys don't give a **** about the fans anymore...yet more apathy and evidence of two fingers to those who still go and are hardcore. That Dale game, the club should be busting a gut to get people in!!! Perfect opportunity, with cold, wet January midweek games to say, buy a Dale ticket and get a free ticket for the next home game or something like that.

They talk with one head about losing fans, then they want to pull this one which will cost us over 1000 turning up. There WAS still a very solid 3,500 coming to OAFC while the rest of apathetic Oldham watches the greedy league on TV...that 3,500 is fast diminishing...I'd say TTA's apathy has knocked the hardcore well under 3,000 now. And further it will erode with the cutting back they've embarked on in the last yr or two. Yes things are tight...but we're meant to be going to Failsworth and taking something with us. Not at this rate!

Now that RoyleArmy and Blue Pizza have their own private forum, perhaps BB80 and Stevie_J could be designated one where they can sound off, slam and abuse TTA until their hearts are content, without annoying other posters or, indeed, the benefactors of the club of which this site is an official, fund-raising arm.

?

Why dont they just bring the kick off forward to 1pm so that there's less chance of drink related trouble meaning the possibility of less old bill

Isn't there a minimum amount of dibble you have to have for certain crowds.

So the early kickoff, if making no difference on crowd size, makes no difference on police prescence/price at 1pm or 3pm.

That's if I haven't just made that up.

It's a gamble by the club. Do they think the extra BH price of the Police is more than the hundreds who won't turn up now? I'd be surprised.

What can no longer happen, no matter what, is the club can't grumble about folks not buying season tickets ever again. Frankly, they can't complain if some never show up again. It's this type of :censored: that stands in the mind of fans when they make decisions on any given Saturday*.

*Or Monday.

As others have said, as a part-time fan there's no doubt in my mind that if this was on the Monday I'd go.

It'd be what I call an 'event' game - where we make a bit of it, have a few extra pints and what not.

If it's a Tuesday night game there's very little chance I'd bother as it's just another game and I'd rather go on a Saturday when it's much more accessible.

It's true. I think the club in general gets a lot of unfair stick from our fans but it is this kind of decision that gives them a bad name. I'm not so bothered about Wallsall but to voluntarily seek to change what will be (unfortunately) our biggest match of the season to a Tuesday night just seems absolute madness. The decreased attendance would easily be in four figures. Surely the police can't charge that much??!!