Latics Chairman Stands Down

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what someone else has said the Trust and Barry are preparing a statement.

i also hope simon corney puts a statement about his future at latics too as i feel abit worried about latics future :unsure:

Edited by boboafc

Many questions to be answered over the next few days and weeks, but as mentioned elsewhere, best to be patient than demand a hasty (and perhaps damaging) comment.

TTA always said they wouldn't leave the club in the lurch. I think the fact SC has stayed is at the least his personal commitment to try and see us into better circumstances, if that's possible.

It's a bit sad that in some quarters the knives are already out for TTA. The worst they did was make a few honest mistakes.

quote by simon blitz

Former Latics director Corney has taken on the responsibility after Blitz revealed he can no longer take Oldham forward,, Blitz said: "It is with great regret that due to personal and economic pressures, I've decided to end my seven-year association with Oldham Athletic. I've met lots of nice people and enjoyed my time, but have found it a constant battle and uphill struggle in more recent times.

"I don't feel I'm able to give the club's supporters the contribution they're looking for in the future. Last season I invested a further substantial amount of money into the club and with reduced income from season-ticket sales this summer, the demands on me were becoming too grea

:disappointed: very worried about that Edited by boboafc

Would just like to say, to all those on here who have wanted TTA out, are you happy now they are gone?

They haven't gone. Two have, one hasn't. Given the worldwide recession we cannot be the least suprised. Corney has always been the hands on man.... it is worrying and to think that the club has a wafer thin board comprising an employee of a local estate agent, a supporter and a club employee is hardly reassuring is it?

They haven't gone. Two have, one hasn't. Given the worldwide recession we cannot be the least suprised. Corney has always been the hands on man.... it is worrying and to think that the club has a wafer thin board comprising an employee of a local estate agent, a supporter and a club employee is hardly reassuring is it?

Can also resemble TTA to 'The Two Amigos' :wink:

But in all seriousness, from the way it has been publicly for the last seven years, is that Corney is the man present everywhere, and Blitz and Gazal are the main financiers of the club.

We can be surprised though, because a month or two ago, corney came out and stated their committment to the club is still strong, and the abrupt leaving of them. Still many questions to be answered.. Hopefully the Trust AND Simon Corney will come out within the next few days with a comment to make, even if only a small one saying a further announcement will be made on 'Blah Blah date'

My point mainly was as you pointed out - Wafer thin board with a local estate agent, supporter and club employee as the clubs main board which is as you say is hardly reassuring - is that now the main financiers have left after many on here have wanted them out, the club doesnt LOOK to be in a good position/

I'm not going to go over what has already been said, but from the sound of it one of the reasons Blitz and Gazal have gone is they've gotten into money troubles- "economic pressures" (I wonder who thought they weren't that rich- oh yeah it was me). Now we have a club run by Corney- who presumably has all of the 97% stake him and his mates (or should that be former mates) had.

In the time since Moore left what has the trust done, raised £600k initially, which they then swaped for a seat on the board to be occupied by the grand Pooba, sorry I mean Barry Owen, and 3% stake in the club (valuing the club at £20 million- someone didn't do their sums there). All the money they have raised since instead of being put aside for the rainy day that has now probably come was put towards limiting the losses of the owners, buying up tractors, minibuses etc.

I think it may be time to get the buckets out again. On the good side considering that if we do go into administration, which I think is very likely since Corney on his own definately doesn't have enough money to fund a football club. That means the number 1 stonecutter, oh sorry there I go again, I mean Barry Owen, will have been a director of a club who then goes into administration meaning that he is highly unlikely to pass the fit and proper persons test and won't be able to hold the same position again. So hopefully the masons, oh sorry I mean the trust, will actually hold some proper democratic elections this time.

If John Wardle, Ian Newton, or someone else comes in and rescues the club then all well and good but I wouldn't hold my breath and maybe i can nip down the bookies and put some money on us going down.

Edited by rudemedic

Delete as applicable

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

No man can work to two masters.

A bad workman blames his tools.

Act today only, tomorrow is too late.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

All frills and no knickers

It takes two to tango.

Alan Hardy on GMR a bit ago...

- It has been obvious to AH this would happen for some time

- Budget is in place for this season and budget was set with this in mind

- Club looking for new investment and has been for some time, been a few interested parties in the past but none deemed to be in it for the long term!!

Didn't get the impression they were making way for someone to step in i.e. there is no backer to replace them

I'm not going to go over what has already been said, but from the sound of it one of the reasons Blitz and Gazal have gone is they've gotten into money troubles- "economic pressures" (I wonder who thought they weren't that rich- oh yeah it was me). Now we have a club run by Corney- who presumably has all of the 97% stake him and his mates (or should that be former mates) had.

In the time since Moore left what has the trust done, raised £600k initially, which they then swaped for a seat on the board to be occupied by the grand Pooba, sorry I mean Barry Owen, and 3% stake in the club (valuing the club at £20 million- someone didn't do their sums there). All the money they have raised since instead of being put aside for the rainy day that has now probably come was put towards limiting the losses of the owners, buying up tractors, minibuses etc.

I think it may be time to get the buckets out again. On the good side considering that if we do go into administration, which I think is very likely since Corney on his own definately doesn't have enough money to fund a football club. That means the number 1 stonecutter, oh sorry there I go again, I mean Barry Owen, will have been a director of a club who then goes into administration meaning that he is highly unlikely to pass the fit and proper persons test and won't be able to hold the same position again. So hopefully the masons, oh sorry I mean the trust, will actually hold some proper democratic elections this time.

If John Wardle, Ian Newton, or someone else comes in and rescues the club then all well and good but I wouldn't hold my breath and maybe i can nip down the bookies and put some money on us going down.

How many mistake have you made here ??????

Confused or not a Oldham Supporter really ??

Why did I suspect my response was going to get a reply from the chief communications director of the stonecutters (oh there I go again its the trust).

Having actually looked it up, I got my figures wrong, the figure was £200k, still time will tell how that money could be useful from now, instead of having the voice on the board (what exactly has that done for us- apart from the occassional rant telling us we aren't loyal supporters).

And its Mike Newton, not Ian. The rest hasn't been proved either way, except I am an Oldham supporter.

BTW if you don't pass the fit and proper persons test you CAN'T be a director of a club, whether Mr. Owen will pass that if we go into administration is another matter.

Someone didn't do their sums there.... :grin:

I don't know anything about 'fit and proper persons tests', but seeing as companies can go into administration for perfectly innocent and legitimate reasons I'd be shocked if it ruled one out of passing such a test.

*Looks at Peter Risdale*

Why did I suspect my response was going to get a reply from the chief communications director of the stonecutters (oh there I go again its the trust).

Having actually looked it up, I got my figures wrong, the figure was £200k, still time will tell how that money could be useful from now, instead of having the voice on the board (what exactly has that done for us- apart from the occassional rant telling us we aren't loyal supporters).

And its Mike Newton, not Ian. The rest hasn't been proved either way, except I am an Oldham supporter.

BTW if you don't pass the fit and proper persons test you CAN'T be a director of a club, whether Mr. Owen will pass that if we go into administration is another matter.

Yeah but you did include that line about someone not doing their maths, and suggested they'd valued the club at £20 million. That's really ironical. :grin:

So the Amenable Amigo and the Quiet Amigo appear to have left the Gobby and Confrontational Amigo to pick up the pieces...

Could it be that Corney went too far and this time caused a proper falling out and they've left him to it? This could even be the other way round and Corney wants them out to take the club in his own direction.

Either way we no longer have someone to apologise for Corney when he's opened his mouth again...

The most disappointing part to this is the timing. Just as pre season is beginning and people are getting excited for the season. Guess it explains out lack of signings though

So the Amenable Amigo and the Quiet Amigo appear to have left the Gobby and Confrontational Amigo to pick up the pieces...

Could it be that Corney went too far and this time caused a proper falling out and they've left him to it? This could even be the other way round and Corney wants them out to take the club in his own direction.

Either way we no longer have someone to apologise for Corney when he's opened his mouth again...

The most disappointing part to this is the timing. Just as pre season is beginning and people are getting excited for the season. Guess it explains out lack of signings though

You certainly know how to galvanise our single owner into continuing his support of the club.

i think that goes for nearly every latics fan ,and thank you simon for all the hard work you put in at latics ,all the fans appreciate

what you have done to keep the club running

Serious question Bob : Would you take the same stance if they weren't Jewish and from roughly the same place as you?

Serious question Bob : Would you take the same stance if they weren't Jewish and from roughly the same place as you?

I thought TTA were from London, not Oldham.

Why start mentioning administration? It clearly isnt going to happen since the club budgeted for next season even without the support of Blitz and Gazal pumping money into the club.

Also for potential investors.. Any remember Barry Chaytow? He wanted to buy the club when TTA took over, could buy shares?

He had planned a £120m development of BP when TTA had planned the £80m

No it's not. Let's hope something positive is in the pipeline.

Although I think your descriptions of three are a little unfair....

For a start, you could say Ian Hill is a local Estate Agent, you could also say he is a Senior Director of one of the North's largest Independent property businesses.

Edited by Yard Dog

Bob: from Oldham and moved to Israel.

TTA: from London and moved to New York.

Where's the latter assumption come from exactly?!