Feeney signs.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Butler

I rather look for a young backup CB rather than Andy Butler to be honest. And i'll be happy with another out and out winger. Someone tricky with pace.

That will be happy for the start of the season then.

BRING ON THE BINDIPPERS!!!!!

Having read Bristol Rovers fans call it an "oldham level signing" and saying stuff like "glad we missed out. rather have hoskins" and "doubt our and charltons interest was serious if hes gone oldham". I think I'll say that I'd rather have someone with Feeney's international pedigree, someone who's managed to score since 2007, 11 times in 47 matches as opposed to 9 times in 72 (Hoskins). Honestly, I think if we can keep him and Pawel fit we've got one of the better strike forces in the division. But we really need both to play as much as possible.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Having read Bristol Rovers fans call it an "oldham level signing" and saying stuff like "glad we missed out. rather have hoskins" and "doubt our and charltons interest was serious if hes gone oldham". I think I'll say that I'd rather have someone with Feeney's international pedigree, someone who's managed to score 11 times in 47 matches as opposed to 9 times in 72 (Hoskins). Honestly, I think if we can keep him and Pawel fit we've got one of the better strike forces in the division. But we really need both to play as much as possible.

I agree, i really wouldnt give a toss about what any other fan thinks of our signings as long as they do a decent job for us and we probably have one of the better forwards in the league in Dickov despite his age.

But, if we are losing money every week and owe someone £3M then surely the idea is to not spend it at all. The team we have already should see us into mid-table obscurity you would think. The addition of Jones and Feeney has seen us rise to probable mid-table obscurity.

Obviously this position is dependant upon whether Dickov is poor or decent.

we were losing money every week with Blitz and Gazal here, nothing has changed there

the £3m might be the Micah Richards money?

Dickov would have to be a good manager to keep us up with no signings . .

Off topic. Lee Trundle rejected Tranmere for Neath.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/l...les/8805793.stm

:grin:

Haha, he says the club has ambition, Where can they go if they win that league? Its the equivilant of the North West Counties league. I think Trundle is more of an impact substitute these days. At Swansea a few years back he was making a fortune from his image rights written into his contract, crafty scouser.

I rather look for a young backup CB rather than Andy Butler to be honest. And i'll be happy with another out and out winger. Someone tricky with pace.

That will be happy for the start of the season then.

BRING ON THE BINDIPPERS!!!!!

Taylor, Smalley, Colbeck, Millar and McGrath played wide the other night - do we really need another winger? Although I except Taylor's a crocked tart that will be found out and shipped out by Dickov imo, Smalley see Taylor, Colbeck not been given a proper chance. Millar and McGrath are kids - I think it rather than bringing in a new winger we need the players we have to grow some bollocks and start to (1) Earn their wages (2) Achieve a modicum of their potential

Taylor, Smalley, Colbeck, Millar and McGrath played wide the other night - do we really need another winger? Although I except Taylor's a crocked tart that will be found out and shipped out by Dickov imo, Smalley see Taylor, Colbeck not been given a proper chance. Millar and McGrath are kids - I think it rather than bringing in a new winger we need the players we have to grow some bollocks and start to (1) Earn their wages (2) Achieve a modicum of their potential

:lol:

You said 'do we need another winger' then dismissed 4/5 as being either no good or too young! :wink:

.......good one.

I don't like the idea of him being away from his wife and kids and them only 'visiting' him. Surely he would be more settled by moving WITH his wife and kids. (Although as someone who is considering a similar situation at the moment, I understand his reasons) But i'm looking at this subjectively in what's best for our Goals For column...

Talking with my dad last night; and that is pretty much what he said. He thinks that a few bottled tackles, a few mincing out of challenges and a few non-tracking backs from Taylor & Smalley will quickly see them out of favour with someone who had Dickovs work ethic & commitment as a player.

In terms of those traits, I think Colbeck will OK for Dickov – as whilst he isn’t the most talented of players; I don’t think anyone can question his effort or commitment. Same for young Kirk Millar, and from what I’ve seen of Phil McGrath; the same applies to him too.

Taylor & Smalley might just be in for a shock…..

Having read Bristol Rovers fans call it an "oldham level signing" and saying stuff like "glad we missed out. rather have hoskins" and "doubt our and charltons interest was serious if hes gone oldham". I think I'll say that I'd rather have someone with Feeney's international pedigree, someone who's managed to score since 2007, 11 times in 47 matches as opposed to 9 times in 72 (Hoskins). Honestly, I think if we can keep him and Pawel fit we've got one of the better strike forces in the division. But we really need both to play as much as possible.

let them keep talking

Simple answer... Presuming actual cash is there, why spend it all this season ? Why not pull things right back and make that money go as far as possible increasing the time to find new owners...

It seems simple to me. If we press on this season by playing the youth team, we'll more than likely be relegated come May, with crowds even lower than they currently are.

Securing investment is going to be difficult in any case but if the above scenario plays out, we'll all have reason to join you in not attending matches because there probably won't be a club to support.

I see this as speculating to accumulate on a scale which isn't going to see the club implode financially. How much would we save by not signing a recognised centre-forward? £100k p.a.? If the wolves are at the door, this amount of money is unlikely to buy us very much time so I think that it is a reasonable approach to invest in a new manager who, hopefully, will put bums on seats with much-improved displays on the field.

As a Norn Ireland and Oldham fan I'm delighted to see Warren sign for the Latics. Any game I have seen him at International Level he has always given 100%. Needs to play on a regular basis and he will be a fantastic player for the club.

I'm liking all this Norn Ireland influence at the club.

Feeney

Miller

McGrath

Big Gerry T

..and the country too.

No. That's a different thing altogether.

Greed runs throughout all Countries players, especially third world countries like Spain <wink>. The National problem is a different thing altogether. There may be some power hungryness amongst the higher ups, and there are certainly people with more than one interest, and corruption is rife. But chasing the dream isn't one of the problems. I'd love it to be so, at least then we'd start to solve the basic errors that are going on.

NB. Unless you are on about Labour. But I took it as read that you are on about the National team.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

As a Norn Ireland and Oldham fan I'm delighted to see Warren sign for the Latics. Any game I have seen him at International Level he has always given 100%. Needs to play on a regular basis and he will be a fantastic player for the club.

I'm liking all this Norn Ireland influence at the club.

Feeney

Miller

McGrath

Big Gerry T

And McGivern to follow apparantly.

No. That's a different thing altogether.

Greed runs throughout all Countries players, especially third world countries like Spain <wink>. The National problem is a different thing altogether. There may be some power hungryness amongst the higher ups, and there are certainly people with more than one interest, and corruption is rife. But chasing the dream isn't one of the problems. I'd love it to be so, at least then we'd start to solve the basic errors that are going on.

NB. Unless you are on about Labour. But I took it as read that you are on about the National team.

I was on about LAbour, funnily enough!

S[pse my signature did not help explain that though!