How much would you help Oldham

I thought I'd ask all fellow 'tics this hypothetical question.

Say you won £50m on the euromillions, how much of your winnings would you pump into OAFC if at all any?

Would you buy the club outright?

Would you clear their debts but that's all?

Would you look to invest with somebody else?

Would you give them a helping hand by giving them some cash?

Ignore OAFC and spend it elsewhere?

I'm not sure how to do a poll so I've just kept it as a standard topic/post.

Personally, depending on costs, I'd be tempted to buy the club and have someone run it for me.

I thought I'd ask all fellow 'tics this hypothetical question.

Say you won £50m on the euromillions, how much of your winnings would you pump into OAFC if at all any?

Would you buy the club outright?

Would you clear their debts but that's all?

Would you look to invest with somebody else?

Ignore OAFC and spend it elsewhere?

I'm not sure how to do a poll so I've just kept it as a standard topic/post.

Personally, depending on costs, I'd be tempted to buy the club and have someone run it for me.

I'd give a 5 million pound gift to Oldham and Fleetwood Town which would enable each club to withdraw 500k every season for ten seasons, this should stabilise the club and should see Fleetwood in league 1 in 3 seasons. :grin: .

with the interest i would have made from the rest of my winnings after ten seasons i would then be able to pump a little more money into my teams.

Dreaming a nice dream :sleeping::idea:

Chris M**re had £50M or so to spend. Look where that got him.

Blitz and Gazaal spent £10-15M between them. Look where that got them.

The question was asked recently on here and my answer is still the same. Sweet FA. I know people do it, but I cannot understand why anyone would spend any proportion of their fortune on a football club when the inevitable net gain from it is no financial return and absolute dog's abuse from the clueless morons who call themselves fans.

Chris M**re had £50M or so to spend. Look where that got him.

Blitz and Gazaal spent £10-15M between them. Look where that got them.

The question was asked recently on here and my answer is still the same. Sweet FA. I know people do it, but I cannot understand why anyone would spend any proportion of their fortune on a football club when the inevitable net gain from it is no financial return and absolute dog's abuse from the clueless morons who call themselves fans.

Pretty much sums it up...

Latics would be best spending only what comes in for once in its existence.... And if that means relegation then fine...

^this. I'd invest a little bit of it into something like the youth set-up or subsidise Season Tickets, something to help the club out in some way which would improve it in the long run

But I wouldn't want to be in charge of the club because I don't want idiots telling me how I should spend my own money

I would probably look at setting myself and my family on the straight for life then look at whats left and help out,

I would probably try and do a deal where I give them a lump sum in exchange for a season ticket for life and possibly be able to sit on as a director

I would probably look at setting myself and my family on the straight for life then look at whats left and help out,

I would probably try and do a deal where I give them a lump sum in exchange for a season ticket for life and possibly be able to sit on as a director

Alan Hardy would make sure your life expectancy age suddenly dropped

Alan Hardy would make sure your life expectancy age suddenly dropped

yep, "Sean, Cigar? dont mind the fizzy stuff in the water, its sparkling!"

either that or introduce me to his granddaughter if he has one (grandaughter because im 22, bet his daughter getting on a bit if he has one)

marry me off to her and knock me off straight after for the money

Some of our 'fans' really do seem to hate the club. :blink:

Not the club, just most of its fans. And I don't actually hate them - I just think they're idiots.

Besides, I have other priorities. No fan who comes into a fortune should feel obliged to help the club.

Besides, I have other priorities. No fan who comes into a fortune should feel obliged to help the club.

+1

...plus donating a sizeable chunk of money to a football club is like giving it to a tramp on meths. You know how it's going to end up.

+1

...plus donating a sizeable chunk of money to a football club is like giving it to a tramp on meths. You know how it's going to end up.

If I won the eurolottery, I'd end up worse than a tramp on meths. Giving money/buying Latics would be much more of an investment than where the rest of my money would be going.