This Falkirk Game (Falkirk 2-0 Latics)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

losing how we did today i think the fans will get on dickov back for sure dickov get jon macken in goalscorer he is.

its only about match fitness

getting on PD back will not solve anything.. some people here are just unbelievable

i give dickov 12 months if he done great i say keep him if he hasnt we move on simple as that

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

It's a radical concept but it might work

I say Dickov out if we're not 10 points clear by Christmas

Edited by longtimeblue

dont most players leaving the SPL end up at championship clubs - therefore being relegated would make their level on par with us??? thats my understanding

Will Haining played in the SPL and didn't win a contact at Latics.

Was Will Haining there for a contract or just build up his fitness levels

That was quite bemusing. They made it out like Haining was only here to keep fit and wasn't here for a contract, as if he wasn't interested in signing for us and wanted a Championship club. Then he signed for Morcambe. :lol:

Maybe Falkirk were simply too good, they were in the SPL last season....?

We're only middle of the road League 1 at the end of the day

They looked better and the score says it all, the first was a peach, the second shouldn't have been allowed as the ref hadn't blown his whistle for the free kick to be taken, the linesman got a fair bit of stick and switched sides for the second half, flash to bang- upto about 10 seconds!

got to say we never looked like finding the back of the net with a search light and guide dog.

Not a good all round team performance I have to say, however if it was an exercise in what our weaknesses were then it showed up warts and all. Falkirk played with width and controlled the flow of football well from player to player, moving forward with ideas. We didn't end off.

Sort of missed their first goal, edge of the box if anything, don't know if Brill couldn't see because he never moved as it hit his top left hand corner. Comment from a latic fan was "you can save one you know Brill". Nothing like a clean slate for everyone is there. Second was ref error, free kick given against us on the wing on par with the penalty box, wall was lining up, ref turned to jog away and they had taken it before he had whistled he didn't see it nor the gormless linesman, no-one ready & ball in back of net.

First half we looked better although not many chances really, ruebs had is usual game, Pav-not too sure if he is injured/confidence but he has not been right since the injury, Feeney and Jones? TBA as I they didn't really make an impression on me. Liked Jarret had a good game again and would defo like him to be signed up although I believe he is a midfielder, Colbeck? seems to have lost pace and sometimes the ball but at least got the odd cross in and had an "oh Roger Palmer"moment a slide in for a shot but just failed to connect in the six yard box. Second half Eaves on and again like last week looked lazy even in warm up, Brookey was one of the few who at least made the effort and linked up a few times with Eaves. Possibility that these two could be the front line of attack if Pav/Feeney fails and at least they know each other well to do so. Furman had a strong game with some good/strong challenges, Lee too, defender called Frodo, I think came on and looked solid enough. Even Worthy gave it a go and I am not a big fan. Millar had lost of energy but got a little muscled out of things

One step backwards in hope of two forwards. I'd rather now before the season started though. Interesting to see that in the second half there were not many noises from our dugout so I am wondering if the coaching team were looking to see if anyone would step up on the pitch and get a grip, maybe looking for a captain figure a leader, a midfield general, a thinker but it never came as we were shapeless from midfield upwards.

So from a Burnley buzz to a falkirk flop. Oh yes and thanks to the players for coming over an clapping the fans that turned up - oh hang on, that was Falkirk's players. Doh!!

Interesting times ahead, hold on tight the rollercoaster is about to set off............

Special mention to the latics fan there today who has not much time left in this World. Shame the team couldn't play with as much courage as you have. I hope this team at least put in a performance worthy of your support.

Edited by underdog

underdog thanks for the match report its only a pre season the real season starts soon we must be ready for it.

I now RA but it was a little disappointing after the last two as they were up for it. Today, they were not.

A learning curve had by all, would have loved to hear what PD said afterwards..... :wink:

Interesting to see that in the second half there were not many noises from our dugout so I am wondering if the coaching team were looking to see if anyone would step up on the pitch and get a grip, maybe looking for a captain figure a leader, a midfield general, a thinker but it never came as we were shapeless from midfield upwards.

I noticed that Dickov and Taggart were quiet against Burnley but came to the same theory you have, that they want to see who can step up to the plate without the aid of an ear-bashing.

It's either that or they're scared they'll turn the air bluer than your underpants when you wash them with your Latics shirt. :lipsrsealed2:

Furman had a strong game with some good/strong challenges, Lee too, defender called Frodo, I think came on and looked solid enough. Even Worthy gave it a go and I am not a big fan. Millar had lost of energy but got a little muscled out of things

Frodo! :lol:

Fodor, the only Hungarian worth a drop. Fantastic attitude on the kid, practically begged to come back to Latics at the end of last year. Very much a raw talent but there's something to him.

He scored a goal last season from about 45 yards. Hilarious it was too.

Frodo! :lol:

Fodor, the only Hungarian worth a drop. Fantastic attitude on the kid, practically begged to come back to Latics at the end of last year. Very much a raw talent but there's something to him.

He scored a goal last season from about 45 yards. Hilarious it was too.

agree with you he is a nice lad wants to do best for oldham and his self.