New Playershare Scheme

We are currently formulating ideas for the new scheme which will allow us to save funds that will help Paul Dickov in his quest to improve his squad. If we can help in some small way towards wages or a loan signing it would be great. We acknowledge those few members who joined the scheme the last time around and hope for their continued support.

Circumstances have changed a great deal since we last appealed to fans and I am hopeful that those who are able will join us.

I am currently looking at a scheme that will cost £1 per week with an incentive to join. As with season tickets we are looking to offer a season ticket when we have reached a particular target point with membership.

We are also looking at a monthly prize, not particularly cash, but something worthwhile. I would hope thast by January we would have sufficient funds to help the manager .

Things are fairly flexible at the moment and I have started the thread to give everyone the chance to come forward with any ideas we can consider.

Hope you can help.

Barry

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are currently formulating ideas for the new scheme which will allow us to save funds that will help Paul Dickov in his quest to improve his squad. If we can help in some small way towards wages or a loan signing it would be great. We acknowledge those few members who joined the scheme the last time around and hope for their continued support.

Circumstances have changed a great deal since we last appealed to fans and I am hopeful that those who are able will join us.

I am currently looking at a scheme that will cost £1 per week with an incentive to join. As with season tickets we are looking to offer a season ticket when we have reached a particular target point with membership.

We are also looking at a monthly prize, not particularly cash, but something worthwhile. I would hope thast by January we would have sufficient funds to help the manager .

Things are fairly flexible at the moment and I have started the thread to give everyone the chance to come forward with any ideas we can consider.

Hope you can help.

Barry

Sounds good to me. I'll join for £1 a week.

Prizes that cost would seem counterproductive though.

Sounds good to me. I'll join for £1 a week.

Prizes that cost would seem counterproductive though.

Thanks Harry. I am really pleased you can join. I take your point re the prizes and I am hopeful that many will be donated or sponsored.

Once again thank you. I will make sure Rick A. makes contact with your for your details.

Barry

Hope you can help.

Barry

Barry

I'd join - on the basis that

1) You know exactly the cost/wages of the player you have helped purchase

2) If he is sold for a fee there is an option for a share to be put back into the scheme, or a dividend paid to members. Such incentives make the scheme interesting and worthwhile.

Cheers

Dan

Hope you can help.

Barry

Hi Barry

Following on from the trip to the White Hart, put me and Matt down for the sponsorship :D

Regards

Ian G.

I'm not sure you could guarantee you'd know the player's salary; that might breach some kind of data protection law, or it might hinder the signing (e.g. if the player found out his salary would be public knowledge, or other players could find out his salary). If it was part-funding that might work (since the total wouldn't be known, but we'd know how much we'd contributed).

I like the idea of money being reinvested from a sale.

Sounds like a plan - a good way of getting the exiles involved, who can't get to Boundary Park that often, too.

Might be stupid question, but I take it you could you pay more than £1 a month, if you wanted?

I'd join.

It's probably worth making it clear — assuming I understand this correctly — that the choice of signing is entirely at the manager's discretion.

Yes correct. Paul is aware of what I am trying to do and no doubt would approach us when he thought we had any money to help. A similiar thing happened last season with Fabian Brandy but things did not materialise.

We would hope to act in everyone's interest and for example, the money would not be going to an agent!!!!!!!!!!. If you remember we helped out with Luke Beckett a few years ago and that was not a bad move.

Barry

Count me in....if my £1.00 a week can can help us improve the squad then so be it.

It's not relevant that I have to know the ins and outs of players wages/who we are veying for as all as long as Barry or the trust can promise the money goes to the manager and in the manager we trust, then I am happy with that.

A £1 a week is not going to kill me

Let me know the details if it comes off

thanks

Barry

I'd join - on the basis that

1) You know exactly the cost/wages of the player you have helped purchase

2) If he is sold for a fee there is an option for a share to be put back into the scheme, or a dividend paid to members. Such incentives make the scheme interesting and worthwhile.

Cheers

Dan

Thank Dan I hope you join. Cant give you a definite on point 2. I agree with you about the incentive etc and would need to negotiate such arrangements with the club. Any percentage profit I see going back into the scheme. Whichever way you look at it,the scheme is there to help the manager. I do agree it would certainly make it very interesting.

On point one I see us being a body that will part contribute. You never know if it was very successful we could pay full wages.

Anyway , as I say I hope you join.

Thank you for your points.

Hi Barry

Following on from the trip to the White Hart, put me and Matt down for the sponsorship :D

Regards

Ian G.

Thanks Ian. I had not forgotton. I have asked Rick to contact you.

Once again, thankyou for your kind offer.

Barry

I'm not sure you could guarantee you'd know the player's salary; that might breach some kind of data protection law, or it might hinder the signing (e.g. if the player found out his salary would be public knowledge, or other players could find out his salary). If it was part-funding that might work (since the total wouldn't be known, but we'd know how much we'd contributed).

I like the idea of money being reinvested from a sale.

Agree Crusoe. I see part funding being the practical thing at the moment. All depends how much money we have. I know fans always felt they had helped with Luke Beckett when he saved us that first year.

Barry

Sounds like a plan - a good way of getting the exiles involved, who can't get to Boundary Park that often, too.

Might be stupid question, but I take it you could you pay more than £1 a month, if you wanted?

JoeP. You can pay as much as you like. Please see some publicity that will be coming out shortly.

Barry

I could be tempted provided you can pay by D/D.

[*]And if the scheme was transparent.

[*]And the Trust cannot just change their mind and give it away!

Wilf Mannion fund and all of that.

Alex you can trust me on all fronts. Thanks kindly for your offer. This is the fan scheme and will be transparent throughout. We have a number of directors of the trust involved with the scheme but I can assure you that I am more than happy to co-opt anyone who would like to be on the sub-committee that runs the scheme. Indeed I am inviting people to be involved.

Thanks for your input.

Barry

Count me in....if my £1.00 a week can can help us improve the squad then so be it.

It's not relevant that I have to know the ins and outs of players wages/who we are veying for as all as long as Barry or the trust can promise the money goes to the manager and in the manager we trust, then I am happy with that.

A £1 a week is not going to kill me

Let me know the details if it comes off

thanks

Thanks Underdog. Rick A. will be in touch. If everyone helps we will get there believe me.

Barry

Guys, first thanks for all the positive responses to the idea of a supporters player share fund that Trust Oldham have been working towards.

The fund would be a savings and investment fund. A way for fans to support the manager and help bring a player to the club that may have otherwise not be possible.

Other Trusts around the country run similar schemes which have benefited their teams.

If you are interested in donated from £1 per week Email Trust Oldham here and give me just your name at this stage.

We hope to have donated prizes that will be used to benefit people who participate in the scheme.

A quick brief of t he scheme

• Fans who participate will be told every month how much is raised by newsletter
  • Paul Dickov will approach the Trust with a request for a player and only Paul
  • The money will either be used on the wages of the player or the fee associated in bring the player to the club
  • Wages and Bonuses of the Player will not be available but the accounts of the fund will be to all that Participate

Any supporter can donate anything from £1 per week minimum towards the FUND. Payment can be made by Paypal or Standing Order or a period can be paid upfront.

The early responses to this scheme have been fantastic and once the important time of Pre-Season is finished, Trust Oldham will be working with PD on how this scheme can benefit his squad

If we were to get 3000 memebers at £1 a week thats £150,000.00 over a year the average slary for a League 1 player is around 70-80K a year so that would be 2 additional players

When would the money be be available though are we looking at January? because thats when its likely to become important.

If we were to get 3000 memebers at £1 a week thats £150,000.00 over a year the average slary for a League 1 player is around 70-80K a year so that would be 2 additional players

When would the money be be available though are we looking at January? because thats when its likely to become important.

Glossop Latic you read my mind to well. January window would be the ideal time and I would hope the fund could swell to something we could be proud of.

Thanks for your point.

Barry