Tom Eaves hits the onion bag

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll reduce the number of "I'll drive him there myself" type comments quite drastically, for a short while, then.

great performance from the lad but as i said before i WILL drive him there if we get a good fee for him, if i have a choice of losing eaves or stephens there is no doubt which one i prefer to go

No reason to let Eaves go. He has shown he wants to be here - he was the one who wanted the 5 year contract instead of the two year contract DP was offering. No reason to cash in.

you mean apart from the club has no money...

a 5 year deal was signed to protect the club from losing him for peanuts

Edited by shaw_blue

No reason to let Eaves go. He has shown he wants to be here - he was the one who wanted the 5 year contract instead of the two year contract DP was offering. No reason to cash in.

Agree with that, only thing that worries me is our financial situation and the fact that we have outstanding loans from Blitz and Gazal to pay back. I think we should hold on to the lad for as long as we can as his value can only go up after today's showing.

A lot will depend on our progress in the league and the Micah Richards situation .....fingers crossed, if he is transferred anytime soon we will be OK!!

Basically we have two choices now.

1. Cash in now ( we'd get around £200k -£400k with adds on etc if lucky )

2. Wait at least a season and see how eaves develops. If he works hard (with PD & GT here they will make sure he does) he is capable of getting into double figures over this season (he had cahill all over the place tonight) and his value could increase by x5 as much.

We budgeted for this season WITHOUT Blitz or Gazals income. Based so far on performances their will be a bigger income for the club in ticket sales.. & i doubt Blitz and Gazal are to demand their money back, as by doing that it means we go into admin and they risk losing every penny.

Basically we have two choices now.

1. Cash in now ( we'd get around £200k -£400k with adds on etc if lucky )

2. Wait at least a season and see how eaves develops. If he works hard (with PD & GT here they will make sure he does) he is capable of getting into double figures over this season (he had cahill all over the place tonight) and his value could increase by x5 as much.

We budgeted for this season WITHOUT Blitz or Gazals income. Based so far on performances their will be a bigger income for the club in ticket sales.. & i doubt Blitz and Gazal are to demand their money back, as by doing that it means we go into admin and they risk losing every penny.

Option 2 please.

When did we last score 3?

Millwall away, February 2009 IIRC. 3-2 win with Taylor in the last minute.

Can't read too much into tonight. Decent performance against a very physical side. Can't help thinking there'll be times next season when it's Stephens and Furball getting the runaround in midfield. Eaves took his chances very coolly, Jarrett looks calm at the back and Stephens and Alessandra (in an unfamiliar wide left role) impressed.

Option 2 please.

That is the one i would go with.

It seems PD doesnt rate Pav that much - With Feeney Brooke Eaves and PD himself before him in tonights striking order, and Eaves looks more likely goalscorer. Thought Eaves and Brooke did well upfront against Cahill and Knight (i think?)

For GOD SAKE LATICS keep HOLD OF EAVES!!

I am sick to the back teeth of every other promising wonder player from our league go for 1 million whilst we're there going '300k oldham?' 'oooh 300k yes please'

Keep hold of him and he will be our ticket out of this division once we get smalley, taylor and everyone fit and on form in the same side.

Christ, Maynard at crewe had a good 6 months, then was injured for a year, came back and had another good 2 month spell then crewe sold him for £2.25M!!!

Keep him for 2 years, let him bang in his goals, then finally get what we deserve and do a Hooper and sell for £2.4M

750k now then yes maybe we have to sell and its not a bad offer as things stand at the moment + a sell on, but for god sake dont crumble under the 'little oldham we-have to accept-anything-we-can-get' mindset again!!

I am sick to the back teeth of every other promising wonder player from our league go for 1 million whilst we're there going '300k oldham?' 'oooh 300k yes please'

Keep hold of him and he will be our ticket out of this division once we get smalley, taylor and everyone fit and on form in the same side.

Christ, Maynard at crewe had a good 6 months, then was injured for a year, came back and had another good 2 month spell then crewe sold him for £2.25M!!!

Keep him for 2 years, let him bang in his goals, then finally get what we deserve and do a Hooper and sell for £2.4M

750k now then yes maybe we have to sell and its not a bad offer as things stand at the moment + a sell on, but for god sake dont crumble under the 'little oldham we-have to accept-anything-we-can-get' mindset again!!

+1

Why sell him at all this season?

It's been mentioned numerous times this season that the budget is already set for this season and this takes into account squad building and the departure of Blitz and Gazal. I'm also assuming that this doesn't factor in us selling any of our players and if it did then that was likely to be Taylor as Eaves would have been seen more as an asset based on his five-year contract.

Keeping feet on the ground but this lad seems to have something and the assets needed to make it at a higher level - height, strength, acceleration, pace, movement and finishing - plus he's not still young.

Selling him will remove some of the debt or provide additional funds but we have a homegrown player on a long-term contract who could well be the difference between us staying in this league or getting promotion.

In fact we have Brooke too and despite them both being young and developing, I have the feeling we could be in a similar position to Crewe a number of years back when they had Ashton and Rob Hulse. They linked up well, forged a great partnership, led Crewe to promotion.

It's been mentioned numerous times this season that the budget is already set for this season and this takes into account squad building and the departure of Blitz and Gazal. I'm also assuming that this doesn't factor in us selling any of our players and if it did then that was likely to be Taylor as Eaves would have been seen more as an asset based on his five-year contract.

Keeping feet on the ground but this lad seems to have something and the assets needed to make it at a higher level - height, strength, acceleration, pace, movement and finishing - plus he's not still young.

Selling him will remove some of the debt or provide additional funds but we have a homegrown player on a long-term contract who could well be the difference between us staying in this league or getting promotion.

In fact we have Brooke too and despite them both being young and developing, I have the feeling we could be in a similar position to Crewe a number of years back when they had Ashton and Rob Hulse. They linked up well, forged a great partnership, led Crewe to promotion.

Agreed, With a 5 year contract just signed the ball is well and truely in our court for once.

For a change (especially with some of the doom and gloom merchants that post on here)

I did post the other day we should snap I think it was Sunderlands hand off for a money offer and a player (even though it was a rumour) but after last night I think not

What he said.

:unsure: unless he has just drank a witches ageing potion Im sure he is still only 18?

exactly

and Dickov's talking him up accordingly on the official site now

Millwall away, February 2009 IIRC. 3-2 win with Taylor in the last minute.

Ah what a game, was so nice seeing those Milwall faces after giving Hughies stick for 90 mins! Put us into 2nd place with that last minute header.

How did we not make the playoffs :-(