Abbott to Charlton for £75k

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I just knew I was setting myself for something along those lines.

Seriously though Beckett, Porter, Hughes always missed plenty you have to there to miss them. Andy Ritchie wasn't adverse to missing a few either including the odd penalty.

but they all scored more than 13 to be honest.

If its £20k we must have bin desperate to get rid. I aint Pav's biggest fan but even i think thats crap!

EDIT - says nominal fee on the o/s, and dicky thinks were blessed with strikers. Plus a premier Loanee on the way in! Jose Baxter?

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2106604,00.html

'"We are well blessed for strikers as we have Tom Eaves, Ryan Brooke, Lewis Alessandra, Warren Feeney, Dean Kelly and next week I hope to bring in another striker on loan from a Premier League club.'

ooo cool. a prem league club loanee. I wonder who it could be? :) Well i think Eaves is staying with us now tbh. As blackpool are closing in on John Stead.

Edited by ah_oafc

If its £20k we must have bin desperate to get rid. I aint Pav's biggest fan but even i think thats crap!

Agree. Hopefully the truth will now come out about why he missed so many games last season!

Thanks Pav for last season - without you we would have been relegated !

Feeney better live up to expections now or we will be in the :censored:e - the kids are ok but they are certainly not big goal scores yet

£75k+ Abbotts wages means we get someone very good for this level on a free. If Abbott gets 25 goals for Charlton this year- which is definately possible since he got 13 for us last year with naff service and being about 75% fit for about 75% of the season it looks like the worse piece of business since Moore's fire sale. Not to mention if the BBC fee is more accurate when a similar return to last year makes it a questionable bit of business. If however, Pav has a similar injury hit season plays about 20 games and doesn't get many goals its a good piece of business- especially as he is can go on a free in less than a year.

What we do need to do now though is to find a replacement as for all the talk about Eaves he isn't ready for a full season leading the line yet- I wouldn't mind betting he hasn't fully matured physically yet and if you over play someone before they have fully matured you run the risk of injuries. Either that or the likes of Brooke, Alessandra and Smalley need to have improved a lot.

For all the moaning about how naff he is we WOULD have gone down without him last year and without a noticeable significant improvement we have gotten rid off him for not a big amount. If we go down this season- which looks more likely- we have done so for the sake of a nominal fee and roughly £2k a week, I bet we loose more than that in a month if we start 2011/12 in league 2.

but they all scored more than 13 to be honest.

They all played in teams who's midfield was aloud in the opposition half.

20K aswell :shock: bearing in mind we paid 60k for joe colbeck does that make coelbeck 3 times as good as pav

Edited by GlossopLatic

got him on a free so if we got 20k for him, then good business as it seems he wasn't in dickovs plans anyway

if we got 70k then that pays for colbeck aswell.

high earners off the wage bill, replacement will be in before the end of the week

Edited by palmer1

got him on a free so if we got 20k for him, then good business as it seems he wasn't in dickovs plans anyway

if we got 70k then that pays for colbeck aswell.

high earners off the wage bill, replacement will be in before the end of the week

I'm delighted by the overhaul and the loss of concrete boots :grin: