Eaves to Bolton

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think £250k-£300k is a fair price to be honest, subject to the usually appearance & sell on fees. So far we have only had the sub appearances & friendly against Bolton to basis his fee off & £200k-£350k is more than fair. The potential the lad has is covered by the additional fees. If he lives up to the hype we benefit, if he does we’ve got £200k-£350k. Lets be honest if at the end of last season a club had bid £300k for him, a lot of people on here would have took it.

to what end??

"ooh, that's good money for an unproven kid"

or

"is that all?? scandalous, don't know what they're doing, shafted again etc..."

if it's the latter, what are they going to do about it?? nothing

i'm sure there was an amount at which the club decided it made sense to accept offer for him and I'm sure they'll have got that amount.

whether it seems "enough" to us plebs doesn't really matter - we're not running or financing the club. thank god.

:lol: bang on the money HB

to what end??

"ooh, that's good money for an unproven kid"

or

"is that all?? scandalous, don't know what they're doing, shafted again etc..."

if it's the latter, what are they going to do about it?? nothing

i'm sure there was an amount at which the club decided it made sense to accept offer for him and I'm sure they'll have got that amount.

whether it seems "enough" to us plebs doesn't really matter - we're not running or financing the club. thank god.

Looking for transparency which was one of the aims of the trust, not if it was enough or not

apart from them, hmm looks unlikely then, oh well lets hope the sunderland lads perform,

Apart from them?

Two lads on Prem wages, for and untried youngster?

We were very lucky to get them ahead of the deal being signed.

Look at Blakpool, they have not beena ble to sign anyone till thy got their Prem money.

Sometimes people don't know they are born. :wink:

Not having a real dig biggie.

TBH Dickov has gone on record as saying he knew the deal before he jpoined, heknew the score, as I suspect this counts as anything else is a bonus

Why haven't they got the balls to tell us how much he's gone for? Stick your undisclosed fee up your arse. Probably because they've let him go for :censored: all.

My words exactly: x10 Gone for peanuts like the rest of em, like Eardsley. They"ll be crying poverty again soon. Should tell us the details if they want us to support them. Smeggin pussies.

My words exactly: x10 Gone for peanuts like the rest of em, like Eardsley. They"ll be crying poverty again soon. Should tell us the details if they want us to support them. Smeggin pussies.

neal eardley ??? went for £350k ! why? because he refused to sign another contract with the club ! john toshack told him to get to a bigger club to stay in the welsh team.

Eardley went for the price the only club in for him could afford to pay ! we took the money or risk losing him in the Jan for a lot less.

Eaves a youth team player with some 1st team experience has left for over £250,000 - he may never live up to his potential - Can we afford to take the risk on players who MAY be worth more money sometime in the future. ?

Mmmmmm. 350,000 peanuts.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

All this ranting and raving about an 18 year old who has achieved nothing.

However the club cannot complain aobut it as they have created the situation by overhyping the lad in the first place to the fans and then going down the predictable route of sold for an undisclosed fee, which is their standard practice.

If the Eaves money goes into funding TP and his youth set-up in order to produce more Tom Eaves, Danny Philliskirks, Scott Spencers then superb - as we benefit as a club from having Paul Black, Chris Taylor, Dean Smalley, Ryan Brooke, Djeny Bembo etc. in the team when we cannot afford to buy players or have a team full of experienced pros.

If people really thought for one minute we were suddenly gonig to be flush with cash from this sale to allow us to go and get a number of tried and tested players they are delusional and need to move forward from the 1990s when we were a club with premier money or even worse with Moore money.

Whatever the fee was, it doesn't matter, the club got the best deal they could, PD knows what his budget is and in the end the current team matters and how PD gets them performing. The cash we get from the team performing and getting more supporters through the gates on a saturday will make the difference in the Eaves money people are getting so wound up about insignificant.