Travelling to Charlton

Hi, I am going to be coming to the Charlton game on Saturday. I havn't been before and have no idea where the best place to park is. Could someone give me any advice?

Also (abit random) what number does PD have on the back of his shirt?

Cheers

we wnet last season and parked on the retail park just over the road there are signs up saying 2 hours only and no match day parking etc but got back without a ticket or clamp plus after reading everything on here about private fines seems a pretty safe bet

Pretty sure i have read in the past when its a London game quite a few fans have parked in Watford then got the tube to the game or depending who we are playing.

Given our esteemed opening poster is coming from Hampshire, parking in Watford would make it a pointlessly long round trip.

Ok thanks. I might just get the train from Basingstoke and then tube from wherever.

For the record I am from Oldham but am working down in Hampshire :(

Nearest tube N Greenwich is about 2mls away.

The Charlton overland railway station is about 5mins walk. Probably best for you to find a station a stop or 2 away from Charlton, downline from London, then park there and catch the train to Charlton.

Edited by laticsrblue

Driving From Tameside so by the time ive got to manc for the train then the under ground to charlton plus theres two of us so it wont be cheap on the train its easier driving and parking on a car park....Just where to park???

I have looked at all the nearby streets on Google Streetview and they all had single yellow line (to 6.30 pm Saturdays) and resident permit parking/2 hour parking (no return for 3 hours), which effectively prevents matchday parking. Your best bet is to find parking north of Woolwich Road, where there are many retail/business parks. Look at the signs carefully, as many impose 2 hour-limit plus clamping (such as Asda). Areas nearer the Thames have some unrestricted streets, but you need to be there early to grab a spot, say by 1.30 pm. Then it's about 10-min walk to the Valley.

There is private paid parking (£5) on Victoria Way, which is just south of Woolwich Road past Asda as you come from Blackwall Tunnel.

Edited by Fyldelatic

We're looking at a pint or two at The George by London Bridge and then fifteen minutes on the train to Charlton where we'll continue the pre match preparation at the Rose of Denmark

What time do you hope to get at The George for? Might join you if thats ok?

Saying that I've only got 22 minutes to get from london Waterloo to london waterloo (east) and I havn't got a clue where that is lol

The clues in the name. You'll have approx 20 mins to spare.

Rather than cocking about at The George. Come an join the cool kids at The Chandos at the sde of Trafalgar Square