Latics sign Left-Back from Arsenal

I agree, any money available, would imo, be better spent on acquiring a striker who hits the back of the net.

The return from the strikers so far is poor and needs addressing.

I'm not saying the lad is not a good player, just is he a priority?

if dickov has signed him, either we need him or he's too good a player he could turn down.

it seems like either he will be competition for black, or a left winger with taylor moving upfront permanently which would be a good thing imo.

the only downside is with taylor/lewi on the left, there is a bit of experience, if neither of them are on the left, black and evina could be a weak link due to their age, black's already had a few tough games.

I thought Black and Alessandra were playing well on the left. Perhaps Dickov thinks Black is the problem at the back (not doing as he's told), but he has made a few goals this season.

could be, can't blame everything on him but he may be one of the ones to turn off at set peices...

Brill

Lee  Hazell M'Voto Black

Jones  Furman

Lewis   Taylor     Evina

Tounkara

I like the look of that.

was just going to post the same. Looks like stephens is getting a well needed break.

will be either as you say or

Brill

Lee Hazell Mvoto Black

Taylor Jones Furman Evina

Alessandra Tounkara

Taylor showed the right is his one and only wing position on sat in my opinion, megged the full back and set up stephens for that miss that my grandma could have put away.

Taylor plays either centrally or wide right from now on for me, i don want to see him ruined on that left side ever again

It's good to see the club still trying to bring players in, lets hope this kid fits in. Most promising Arsenal youth tend to go out to the Championship mind!!. However we need to off load the unwanted 'star's' but I just cant see um budging.

Edited by Lags

if dickov has signed him, either we need him or he's too good a player he could turn down.

it seems like either he will be competition for black, or a left winger with taylor moving upfront permanently which would be a good thing imo.

the only downside is with taylor/lewi on the left, there is a bit of experience, if neither of them are on the left, black and evina could be a weak link due to their age, black's already had a few tough games.

A tad strange from the outside looking in – I would have said that the priority loan signing would have a striker? That said, maybe this loan signing (with a strong hint that it will probably be for longer than a month) is the indication that a few players are in for a move around the pitch / out of the squad?

Taylor up front a permanent move?

Leading to Lewis onto the right of midfield?

With Black switching to Left Midfield?

And the new lad slotting in a left back??

Or; could it just be that Black is in line to be dropped?

Saturday will tell us more - but I’d echo that it’s good to see us getting a loan from Arsenal; I don’t remember us having one prior to this lad in my time watching.....??

Couple of Arsenal fans from BBC site:

"he wont make it at arsenal but he is very good. very pacy think he used to be some kind of sprinter"

"He's very quick. Decent technically aswell. He's better as a winger. I think he will do a good job for you lot but I doubt he will really have a future with us."