Greegs to Fleetwood Town

Again I would have to disagree

In his one sub appearance this season he looked significantly heavier, slower than an astmatic ant in a snowstorm with the turning circle of a german tank.

Any centre forward with an ounce of pace would leave him for dead.

Difference for me was M'voto against MacDonald of Brentford. At BP in March he tore us a new one against Greegs who could not handle him. This season on their patch (yes he's been out but, ) MacDonald didn't have a kick against M'voto who covers ground with ease and is far quicker than he looks.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think we will still be paying the majority of his wage for the initial 3 months and then we will probably release him if he can stay at Fleetwood. I cant see Fleetwood affording his wage tbh

I doubt he is a very high earner with us, and no prospect of appearance or win bonuses either.

Does anyone think we will still be paying the majority of his wage for the initial 3 months and then we will probably release him if he can stay at Fleetwood. I cant see Fleetwood affording his wage tbh

Fleetwood are now a proffesional team and are already paying good wages, the owner Andy Pilley is also worth a few quid and he is not afraid to spend.

Again I would have to disagree

In his one sub appearance this season he looked significantly heavier, slower than an astmatic ant in a snowstorm with the turning circle of a german tank.

Any centre forward with an ounce of pace would leave him for dead.

any centre forward with an ounce of pace would be left in no doubt death was very much a possibility in the first few minutes :grin:

Just noticed Ian Craney (ex Huddersfield) is in the Fleetwood squad too.

Perhaps he and Gregan can persuade some of the other hangers-on to move across to join a promotion push on the Fylde.

They also have a 39 year old Alan Wright (ex-Villa who has at least one £1m transfer fee to his name).

Edited by opinions4u

Greegs should get some games up there. This will keep him there until near the end of January when he might move permanently. He could come back to us with 3 months football under his belt and come into the side to help the defence.

Fleetwood's owner has cash to spend so I think this will have helped secure his move, don't thnk many clubs in League 2 could justify a chunk of wages for a 36 year old struggling for fitness.

QUOTE (BlueArmy1989 @ Oct 19 2010, 17:53 PM)

macc offered to take him till end of the season but wouldnt stump any wage up, another L2 club have made a bid

Macc and Stockport were both interested but surprisingly he was set to sign for Darlington until Fleetwood came in for him.

I think Greegs has found his level now.

But take nothing away from his service to the club.

I wish we could so something in recognition.

I think in football terms, each season after after you reach 30 is more like 10 seasons

i expected Shez to be in for him or someone else in League 2 at worst

i still think this is Dickovs only mistake so far - he should be partnering M'Voto for me and I think we'd be pushing for automatic rather than the play offs with him marshalling not just the defence but the team as a whole

i still hope we haven't seen the last of him :disappointed:

FA Cup 1st round if we haven't put a clause in stopping him playing against us.