Purdie scores 2 for Hereford

I have. Twice. And I can't say that I was sorry when I heard he was leaving the other day. That said, I have nowt against him and hope he gets his career back on track at Hereford.

+1

Deserves a decent chance down there, if he impresses we might have him back? but most likely he'll be sold to them in January

Midfield player in the opposition box?

It would never have happened last season under Penney, so we missed out on nothing last season.

He was signed as a utility player, so we'd probably have played him as a defender in the back 8.

Delighted for the lad!

The past year and a half must have been hell for him.

His 1st game for 17 months, he bags 2 back playing for his old club.

:)

I’ll +1 that.

Spoken to him on a few occasions; the last being at the Burnley reserve game when he pulled out of the squad last minute with a muscle niggle. Without quoting him directly; he’s gutted how the last 18 months have gone; he’s never been out injured prior to this in his career, and whilst he just wanted to get out & play; he felt bridges had been burned for this season with his injury record.

It’s the best thing all round that he’s finally gone – we get some (hopefully all) of his wages paid for; we free up space for signing like Phil Morais; and Purdie gets a fresh start somewhere he’s comfortable & knows.

As has been said; hope he continues in this vein and come January we can sell him for a small fee to Hereford as I doubt he’ll be coming back to us..........

I’ll +1 that.

Spoken to him on a few occasions; the last being at the Burnley reserve game when he pulled out of the squad last minute with a muscle niggle. Without quoting him directly; he’s gutted how the last 18 months have gone; he’s never been out injured prior to this in his career, and whilst he just wanted to get out & play; he felt bridges had been burned for this season with his injury record.

It’s the best thing all round that he’s finally gone – we get some (hopefully all) of his wages paid for; we free up space for signing like Phil Morais; and Purdie gets a fresh start somewhere he’s comfortable & knows.

As has been said; hope he continues in this vein and come January we can sell him for a small fee to Hereford as I doubt he’ll be coming back to us..........

He's already stating he wants to go to Hereford permanently as it's been made clear that no matter what he has no future here...

Purdie

Sounds like he was proactive in sorting out the loan move for himself, so well done to him. Just need to get rid of Worhtington and maybe one or two more and there may well be the scope to add a bit more quality to the squad. although Ibby is still running with Thornton on oafc.co.uk :shock: