Who would you support?

Pick one  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you go on a Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Thursday or Monday?

• Oldham Phoenix 2011 (in League Ten)
    • Manchester Citeh
    • Salford Whitesox
    • "Rochdale"
    • Bury
    • Bolton Itinerants
    • So-called Liverpool
    • Everton
    • The nearest team as the crow flies (please specify)
    • Other (say who and why)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see us going under myself, but then my head's stuck up my arse because all that running of the club stuff leaves me cold.

Personally, I'd have to start supporting Arsenal. Not sure they're up to the standards I expect but I could probably get used to it if forced.

Sounds a bit dramatic but i think i would stop following football all together. Maybe watch the odd 'big' game.

Just don't feel i could get involved the same. Im not sure if it was posted on here but a Scarborough fan wrote a good piece on how it is to lose your club and still be involved in football. He says he tried being neutral for a bit but didnt feel the same so plumped for Barnet i think in the end. Just don't feel i could do that.

Anyways we wont go under (ever the eternal optimist!).

I can't see us going under myself, but then my head's stuck up my arse because all that running of the club stuff leaves me cold.

Personally, I'd have to start supporting Arsenal. Not sure they're up to the standards I expect but I could probably get used to it if forced.

Difficult one – I would have to see in what form, under who’s stewardship & control and under what ethos the new phoenix club took – before deciding to follow it.

If not – i really cannot see myself ‘jumping ship’ to a local league side (Bury? Eurgh....’Dale? Arrrgghh God No!! Etc) – so a jump to Non-League would probably be my move; so either Mossley, Stalybridge, Hyde, Aston or Droylsden.............

I've often thought I'd embark on a tour of non-league clubs, and likely end up attracted to one of them more than others.

But I haven't got round to doing that this season so maybe I wouldn't. I might well be more inclined to go and watch the rugby instead. NOT Sharks though.

IF there was an option for it I would vote 'completely walk away from football'.

the only football I could see myself attending would be the odd FCUM game due to the locality if they get their new stadium and even that would be as a neutral.

Shucks! I meant to put that option in. I can't imagine life without football somehow.

If there was a new Oldham club, then maybe, but I'd need to feel convinced that it was a well-run club living within its means, with fans that wanted to turn out and management that didn't make promises they couldn't keep (not that I'm accusing anyone of that now).

If not, then maybe my other childhood club, Farnborough FC, but they've already gone bust once and reformed, and I suspect their finances aren't all that hot. Maybe I'd take a break from football completely.

Not sure, if I was to follow a football team, I'd pick one of the many non-league sides in the NE (Durham city, Gateshead are probably the top 2). I might go watch Darlo and I may sneak a look at some of the local bigger clubs, especially if they are playing someone I don't like.

I'm also just as likely to watch egg-chasing, both league and union.

Not sure, if I was to follow a football team, I'd pick one of the many non-league sides in the NE (Durham city, Gateshead are probably the top 2).

I think this is where I'd end up, although it'd be either Durham City or Murton.

Although that's if I bothered at all. I certainly would have no interest in league football.