Wedding Present for William and Kate

oafc0000

For hundreds of years people in this country have gone about their way, minding their own business, not offending people, not getting :censored:off tattooed across their face. It used to be a well respected trait of the British, now it is just another stick for the Daily Mail to peddle their vile paper.

Well said! The 'Royal Mail Bans Religion' story they ran a couple of weeks ago (apparently selling Wallace and Grommit Christmas stamps alongside their Madonna and Child ones is tantamount to forcing all postmen to wear the burqa and stamping 'Death to the West' on all letters) was a new low, even by their standards.

As for the royal wedding, i'm bored of it already. The only minute interest i have in it is that my sister's getting married next summer, and i can't wait to see the sulk if they upstage her by getting married the same day.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they think the multi millions of revenue from souvenirs, increased tourism and 'feel good factor' spending will cover the costs, whilst possibly triggering an economical upturn?

Personally I think there are far worse things that we throw money at, and I would rather take this opportunity to congratulate Kate Middleton on being the first person to slip a finger into Diana's ring since Dodi Fayed.....

The weirdest thing Cameron said today was that he slept on the Mall so he could celebrate Charles and Diana's wedding. Does anyone believe that? Everyone's so stoked with the news that they haven't attempted to corroborate Cameron's version of events. That story will be much worse if it's true. I always wondered who those people waving the flags lived and what they did with their lives - and now we know. But what for? Precisely why would anyone do such a thing?

Is there an anthropological explanation? Is it to do with sex? The fact that people feel good about this announcement is not in itself an explanation of its mysterious appeal. The cost is neither here nor there. The whole thing is just pure weird.

Now you mention it, :stupid:

Well said! The 'Royal Mail Bans Religion' story they ran a couple of weeks ago (apparently selling Wallace and Grommit Christmas stamps alongside their Madonna and Child ones is tantamount to forcing all postmen to wear the burqa and stamping 'Death to the West' on all letters) was a new low, even by their standards.

As for the royal wedding, i'm bored of it already. The only minute interest i have in it is that my sister's getting married next summer, and i can't wait to see the sulk if they upstage her by getting married the same day.

I hope it doesn't clash with my wedding. Not because they'd be stealing my thunder, or me feeling upstaged, and nothing to do with wanting to see it. More gutted I will be abroad, and will miss the benefit of the freebie bank holiday!

No offence Bob, but 1.) when was the last time you paid British tax? 2.) It won't be as expensive as the funding/bail-out/support/ we give to Isreal.

I don't mind the monarchy, as they will bring more money in than they themselves take out. However, to have a tax funded royal-wedding in the current financial climate is a joke. The cuts are already going to be bad now we have a multi-million pound wedding to pay for. If she's waited this long she can at least wait until the economy recovers.

my mum and dad paid their taxes and all my family still live and work in england , so i think people should have a say in what their taxes go on like hospitals police education ,and not for a royal wedding

my mum and dad paid their taxes and all my family still live and work in england , so i think people should have a say in what their taxes go on like hospitals police education ,and not for a royal wedding

I don't disagree with the basic sentiment but for someone who themselves hasn't paid tax in Britain for some time to say what a waste of tax-payers money is being hypocritical

I don't disagree with the basic sentiment but for someone who themselves hasn't paid tax in Britain for some time to say what a waste of tax-payers money is being hypocritical

:lol:

That is terrible reasoning from you there :)

Not being a tax payer and saying something is a waste of tax payers money isn't "hypocritical"... None of his dam business maybe, but not hypocritical :D