Ideas above our station

We had to endure the worst season in terms of goals and entertainment in living memory last season. This season we have a very young energetic team that blows hot and cold, and we have got rid of the :censored:e that let us down so badly last season. Yes we blew it badly in midweek, yes we went off the boil today but lets be honest - who would have taken 11 points from Plymouth, Hudds, Daggers, Exeter and Dale? I bloody would!!!!

We're sixth, we ground out a draw from a blood and thunder local derby, a ground where we traditionally struggled in previous league meetings (according to the owd fella) We're 6th on merit, it's up to us to stay there so let's stop moaning, accept it'll be :censored:e from time to time with a young manager and team of kids but i'd rather watch this lot playing :censored:e than I would watching Oldham feckin' NIL every week like I was last year. Yes, i'm disappointed after today, but Dale are no mugs and should have beat us, we showed resilience to grab that point and it has taken us into the top 6, that's a feckin' miracle after where we were in May this year.

Bring on the Saddlers.....

We had to endure the worst season in terms of goals and entertainment in living memory last season. This season we have a very young energetic team that blows hot and cold, and we have got rid of the :censored:e that let us down so badly last season. Yes we blew it badly in midweek, yes we went off the boil today but lets be honest - who would have taken 11 points from Plymouth, Hudds, Daggers, Exeter and Dale? I bloody would!!!!

We're sixth, we ground out a draw from a blood and thunder local derby, a ground where we traditionally struggled in previous league meetings (according to the owd fella) We're 6th on merit, it's up to us to stay there so let's stop moaning, accept it'll be :censored:e from time to time with a young manager and team of kids but i'd rather watch this lot playing :censored:e than I would watching Oldham feckin' NIL every week like I was last year. Yes, i'm disappointed after today, but Dale are no mugs and should have beat us, we showed resilience to grab that point and it has taken us into the top 6, that's a feckin' miracle after where we were in May this year.

Here Here

Totally agree, weren't great today and were second best. However for all the reasons already stated im happy with whats going on, granted i was devastated at losing a 3 goal lead, and drawing with Rochdale! but the outcome of it all should be supported and applauded by us!

keep going latics and do us proud!

The frustrating thing is half the time Latics look like play off contenders, the other half like like bottom half material (often in the same game).

Hopefully it will all come together, with a higher consistency of performance being the key factor.

The frustrating thing is half the time Latics look like play off contenders, the other half like like bottom half material (often in the same game).

Hopefully it will all come together, with a higher consistency of performance being the key factor.

I think sometimes even in the same half :wink:

That's what you get with kids though BP, everyone saw Dowie's spell as a golden age, but we served up our fair share of :censored:e that year. Turning point was the substitution we dominated for half an our but once Matt Done got into the game he was outstanding and gave Blacky a torrid time, I think when we're under pressure we're guilty of going into our shell a bit and need a leader out there. Unfortunately Rubes isn't it, he did well today but he is the panic and hoof king and the rest follow imo.

As for consistency, as we saw with the kids under Stitch (albeit a bunch with much lower ability) they play like Brazil one half and Breeze Hill the next... but despite our shor comings we're above teams with much bigger budgets and 6th on merit.

Edited by oafcprozac

Totally Agree .

Get a little peed with those that moan about PD and inexperience tactics etc etc.

Sir Alex the great man himself was one defeat away from getting the sack 20 years ago !!!!!!!!!

I predicted a tough season with a relegation battle with Tranmere and Co - after 18 games were 6th and I find myself being greedy saying we should be 3rd! I'm happy with what we've got even if we haven't played as good in the last two games.

Roll on Wallsall - I expect a win though.... :ohno:

We're 6th on merit, it's up to us to stay there so let's stop moaning, accept it'll be :censored:e from time to time with a young manager and team of kids but i'd rather watch this lot playing :censored:e than I would watching Oldham feckin' NIL every week like I was last year.

All things considered, Latics were lucky to get a point, but that means a top six place which isn't to be scoffed at, for a team that rarely fires on all cylinders. I still think a top 12 finish would be satisfactory for this young squad, but if the team carries on picking up points we might over-achieve.

We're singing from the same hymn sheet.

That's what you get with kids though BP, everyone saw Dowie's spell as a golden age, but we served up our fair share of :censored:e that year. Turning point was the substitution we dominated for half an our but once Matt Done got into the game he was outstanding and gave Blacky a torrid time, I think when we're under pressure we're guilty of going into our shell a bit and need a leader out there. Unfortunately Rubes isn't it, he did well today but he is the panic and hoof king and the rest follow imo.

As for consistency, as we saw with the kids under Stitch (albeit a bunch with much lower ability) they play like Brazil one half and Breeze Hill the next... but despite our shor comings we're above teams with much bigger budgets and 6th on merit.

I can almost guarantee that if the substitution hadn't have been made Dale would have gone down that side a lot more. Hill had already spotted it.

I can almost guarantee that if the substitution hadn't have been made Dale would have gone down that side a lot more. Hill had already spotted it.

Have to say that the left back position still gives me cause for concern - two games recently where the opposition has spotted a potential weakness and exploited it - Black is young and inexperienced - the next loanee should be a more experienced left back methinks... :huh:

It shows how far we have come that the last 2 results are disppointing. The only concern I have is that they looked very tired second half at Dale, Just hope the full week off can re-charge the batteries. I'd have snapped your hand off for this position at the start of the season and from what I've seen of the rest of the divison if we keep hold of everyone there is no reason we can't be here come May.... Last season a defeat wasn't worth getting bothered about because we were just poor, the majority of our draws we could've easily turned into wins.

It shows how far we have come that the last 2 results are disppointing. The only concern I have is that they looked very tired second half at Dale, Just hope the full week off can re-charge the batteries. I'd have snapped your hand off for this position at the start of the season and from what I've seen of the rest of the divison if we keep hold of everyone there is no reason we can't be here come May.... Last season a defeat wasn't worth getting bothered about because we were just poor, the majority of our draws we could've easily turned into wins.

I was about to write the same thing this morning before heading off to the Gabba.

The irony is, is that it is hugely satisfying that we are disappointed. I havent felt like that in years.

We have no one to fear in this division but ourselves and if we can stretch our domination to an hour instead of a half, we will get through that too.

Edited by L1onheart