World cup

I feel the same, couldnt give a monkeys. Have no passion whatsoever for anything to do with the National side at the moment

Its all bigger than just the national side... The country could of done with the £££s.. and it would of been one heck of football party... but each to there own...

Still can't get my head around Qatar... How are players going to handle that heat ?

Its all bigger than just the national side... The country could of done with the £££s.. and it would of been one heck of football party... but each to there own...

Still can't get my head around Qatar... How are players going to handle that heat ?

would there have been any particular matches you would have chosen not to go to?

five live reckon fifa obviously wanted go carry on going for countries where football isnt the main sports, or that need the money. south africa, brazil, russia, quatar...

ah well, england 2030 will be good.

we'll have to wait longer than that apparently for some reason that wasn't explained (great journalism)

on the bright side I reckon as long as they keep picking these dodgy hellholes we'll be asked to do one at short notice eventually

we were sounded out for S Africa apparently when it looked like they may not have been ready

Brazil might be off due to the drug gangs causing trouble, Russia haven't even built their stadiums yet, anything could be happening in the Middle East by 2022

watch this space

we'll have to wait longer than that apparently for some reason that wasn't explained (great journalism)

on the bright side I reckon as long as they keep picking these dodgy hellholes we'll be asked to do one at short notice eventually

we were sounded out for S Africa apparently when it looked like they may not have been ready

Brazil might be off due to the drug gangs causing trouble, Russia haven't even built their stadiums yet, anything could be happening in the Middle East by 2022

watch this space

The number of nations that can host a world cup on short notice is low. It is essentially us, the Germans, the Yanks and possibly the French, Spanish or Italians. Considering the Spanish weren't willing to bid on their own (they may do the next time it comes round), the Italians haven't updated their stadia since 1990 (and are beginning to be dated), the French may need to upgrade, it realistically leaves us, the Germans and the Yanks. I think when Columbia cancelled due to an earthquake in 86 it went to Mexico because of proximity, so if Brazil cancels it will probably be the Yanks, but if Russia does (much less likely) it will be us or the Germans.

I feel the same, couldnt give a monkeys. Have no passion whatsoever for anything to do with the National side at the moment

+1 and mods we need a "like/No like" option on here....

Oh yes and mr attwood you still owe me from our last world cup bet too... :wink:

The number of nations that can host a world cup on short notice is low. It is essentially us, the Germans, the Yanks and possibly the French, Spanish or Italians. Considering the Spanish weren't willing to bid on their own (they may do the next time it comes round), the Italians haven't updated their stadia since 1990 (and are beginning to be dated), the French may need to upgrade, it realistically leaves us, the Germans and the Yanks. I think when Columbia cancelled due to an earthquake in 86 it went to Mexico because of proximity, so if Brazil cancels it will probably be the Yanks, but if Russia does (much less likely) it will be us or the Germans.

A number of good points you raise

All we need is a Panorama (or the Telegraph to do a Freedom of Information nvestigation) exeposé

So get the Yanks to bomb the middle east at the right time and 2022 is in the bag, or Donal McIntyre for 2018

+1 and mods we need a "like/No like" option on here....

Oh yes and mr attwood you still owe me from our last world cup bet too... :wink:

Thing is, it would have bought £2 billion to the uk economy, created hundreds of thousands of jobs, upgraded stadiums. I even heard the new (future) latics ground was in the selection for one of the grounds to be used.