boxing day game

if there is a winter break for me it shouldn't include the festive fixtures because traditionally they pull the biggest crowds. .

Wouldn't cut any ice (no pun intended) with the "big clubs". Red Scum, Aresenal, Chelsea etc can sell out any day - and they don't give a monkey's about Football League clubs.

The long term forecast is pretty bleak. Hardly gets above zero in the day all the way until after new year. If it's anywhere near true then there's going to be a fair few clubs having to cram fixtures in later in the season. Will make it pretty interesting and mean that the fittest clubs will hold the advantage.

The long term forecast is pretty bleak. Hardly gets above zero in the day all the way until after new year. If it's anywhere near true then there's going to be a fair few clubs having to cram fixtures in later in the season. Will make it pretty interesting and mean that the fittest clubs will hold the advantage.

And who are the fittest clubs?

As some have already mentioned.....when would you plan a winter break?.....the weather here is so unpredictable that you may come out of a month break (or whatever it is) and land slap bang in an icy spell etc where more time is lost .....Could a season be extended?....is that viable? :huh:

Do it in January/February. That way if teams have fallen behind in their schedule they can use it to catch up.

Those with the biggest squads generally.

Not neccessarily, you can have a small squad but focus on fitness. The fittest clubs tend to have less injuries.

I don't know who the fittest clubs are, we'll find out about that later on in the season. I'd say we have a chance with a very young squad.

if there is a winter break for me it shouldn't include the festive fixtures because traditionally they pull the biggest crowds. if they do introduce it the football league need to think about a total reform of the league system. maybe 4 divisions of 20 instead of 3 divisions of 24 or something like that.

Also if that becomes Div 1 North & South plus Div 2 North & South, it will possibly eliminate the need for overnight stays & the need to assess pitch playability the day before.

Never likely to happen though - far too sensible an idea! :wink:

Also if that becomes Div 1 North & South plus Div 2 North & South, it will possibly eliminate the need for overnight stays & the need to assess pitch playability the day before.

If we only ever did things that made sense none of us would support latics...

yeah. Football needs something radical like that, not just for the financial side but to improve the national and international game too

It would reduce considerably my chance of watching Latics play at Aldershot, Barnet and Stevenage in my quest to do all 92 grounds, :disappointed: but what's that compared to keeping the Club alive by reducing costs? :latics:

It would reduce considerably my chance of watching Latics play at Aldershot, Barnet and Stevenage in my quest to do all 92 grounds, :disappointed: but what's that compared to keeping the Club alive by reducing costs? :latics:

Dont wish for that too much Diego please!!!! Jesus, Penney took us close enough!

64? IIRC route 5 was to Grains Bar and route 6 was to Denshaw, both via Moorside.

Look, how about you all stop moaning and pontificating about the weather, you soft jessies. You think you've got it tough? It's going to be grey with showers at Coogee Beach on Christmas Day, apparently.......

....but it will be 25 degrees celsius (insert smug winky thing here).

Look, how about you all stop moaning and pontificating about the weather, you soft jessies. You think you've got it tough? It's going to be grey with showers at Coogee Beach on Christmas Day, apparently.......

Watch it. The last time someone came on here glorifying their local weather we sent the boys around and set his country on fire.

In the words of Kevin McCalister 'who wants to spend Christmas in a tropical climate?'

Watch it. The last time someone came on here glorifying their local weather we sent the boys around and set his country on fire.

Dont worry OS, we willl engulfed in some kind of bush fire anyhoo before the end of the year

28 degs on Surfers Paradise this year, but as POB says, grey!! Although Boxing day at the G should more than make up for it.

I still cannot get used to no snow though

Edited by L1onheart