Micah Richards

What criteria did you use to split those players into two groups? I'm curious as to why you feel Stuart Giddings fits in to what appears to be a "very useful players" list, but Ryan Bertrand and Lewis Guy don't.

It was more that Betrand and Guy did not play enough games (ie would have been better if it was more), probably got me on the Giddings, the memory plays tricks. Although Guy did not score enough for me personally, I'd built him up in my head to be a Defoe type impact!!!

Edited by singe

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't see how City having to pay 20% of the fee to Latics is a stumbling block to the money men down there. Any problem if one exist's surely must lie with someone else there. I say lets find out and chop his balls off or demand a ransom of 4 million for his intact safe return.

Why do I get the feeling this is something to do with that Marwood, who put the kibosh on us getting the pick of their kids on loan this season? Surely the clause is water-tight? Although knowing City they'll be doing everything they can to get out of it (as they have been doing for the last few years)

What a :censored: he is, by the way!

Didn't City (Marwood) offer us £500,000 to buy it out a few seasons back?

think it was more in the region of 300k when we was on our arse...club held tight...there willing to take hits on bridge wright philips n sant cruz to the tune of around 15 million so dont really see what the problem is...he isnt worth anything like he was a few seasons ago....maybe if they make us a decent offer n that we would be willing to listen...750k n maybe a friendly...

Didn't City (Marwood) offer us £500,000 to buy it out a few seasons back?

Not sure whether Marwood was there then. He was brought in around the time Frank Sinatra took over the club. The idea being he would be in charge of the overall strategy of building the club up from the bottom. Mansour wants a legacy (not just trophies (LMFAO!)) but he wants a dynasty to be built like red nose has created over the last 25 years. A lot of the grass roots stuff City are doing is right on the money but Marwood is pissing a lot of people off in football with his delusion of grandeur, he has the final say on all football matters at City and has blocked a number of loan moves from various clubs as he doesn't see it as value for money for their 'assets'. If he can wangle them out of the clause he will…

On another note, i'm not sure how he (Marwood) has wangled such a high-profile gig, previously all he was doing was talking bollocks for a living as an occasional co-commentator on Sky...

Edited by oafcprozac

think it was more in the region of 300k when we was on our arse...club held tight...there willing to take hits on bridge wright philips n sant cruz to the tune of around 15 million so dont really see what the problem is...he isnt worth anything like he was a few seasons ago....maybe if they make us a decent offer n that we would be willing to listen...750k n maybe a friendly...

£1m, we'll also have given and SWP :wink:

I can bollocks on the story anyway. Citeh have shown no intention of selling Richards, they'll need him for the quotas in the Champions League if they get there and these clauses are water tight, the FA would come down tough on them if they tried to rip us off, which they won't because it's bollocks.

I can bollocks on the story anyway. Citeh have shown no intention of selling Richards, they'll need him for the quotas in the Champions League if they get there and these clauses are water tight, the FA would come down tough on them if they tried to rip us off, which they won't because it's bollocks.

What? The FA come to the rescue of little poor Oldham?

:lol:

MICAH RICHARDS'S departure from Manchester City is being held up by a 20 per cent sell-on fee payable to ex-club Oldham.

The England defender is fed up under City manager Roberto Mancini, after starting just two of the last seven Premier League games.

Richards, 22, was in the Latics academy until the age of 13 before moving to Eastlands.

City have slapped a £15million price tag on his head to compensate for the sell-on clause.

Tottenham, Everton and Aston Villa are all keen.

MICAH RICHARDS'S departure from Manchester City is being held up by a 20 per cent sell-on fee payable to ex-club Oldham.

The England defender is fed up under City manager Roberto Mancini, after starting just two of the last seven Premier League games.

Richards, 22, was in the Latics academy until the age of 13 before moving to Eastlands.

City have slapped a £15million price tag on his head to compensate for the sell-on clause.

Tottenham, Everton and Aston Villa are all keen.

so they want 12 for him....3 mill would be good,lol use 500k on team possibly.

It's not exactly a bad thing for us if they are trying to get a good price for him - so long as they do sell him in the end.

This is what I think is happening (if ofcourse negotiations are taking place) they are using the fact that they have to give us 20% as a bargaining tool to get a better price its in there and our interests that they get the best price and also theres. The only problem is that we wont see any of it in this window should any deal go through. Plus we might only get it in 2-3 installments aswell.

This is what I think is happening (if ofcourse negotiations are taking place) they are using the fact that they have to give us 20% as a bargaining tool to get a better price its in there and our interests that they get the best price and also theres. The only problem is that we wont see any of it in this window should any deal go through. Plus we might only get it in 2-3 installments aswell.

Although truth be told having heard this from a former Latics loanee who is good friends with Micah he'll only leave City for Arsenal. Don't get too excited kids.

Although truth be told having heard this from a former Latics loanee who is good friends with Micah he'll only leave City for Arsenal. Don't get too excited kids.

I went to school with his best mate and he told me the same, but this was when he was being touted at £30mill a few seasons back.

I didn't go to school with his mate a loanee or his girlfriend but Micah is worth less these days and cant be quite so choosy. He will go for a fee we all think is a bit to low but better than nothing and then I couldn't care less what he does as he has sadly not done much to justify a massive fee.

Difference between now and then, is that he was playing more regularly then, now he's hardly playing, so more likely he will be willing to go to tottenham/chelsea

Try again! 20% of 12 million is 2.4 million ;)

incorrect - this is the amount city would get after they have taken off our factored-in 20%

i.e. sell for £15m as is rumoured = city get 12m we get 3m ;)

tbh, even 1m is good for us, anything is better than nothing even if it keeps us going for another 2 years, it all helps