United keeper signed for rest of season

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to Warren Feeney :wink:

The one question mark of PD's scouting. Not the fox in the box we need. Tell Taggart he can personally keep 100% of ticket sales income over 4,000 punters if he lets us have Owen for nowt for the season. We'd still capitalise from food/drink sales before pies run out and the odd shirt sale. That or Eaves for final five months.

This is a real quality signing by the manager and shows the high esteem he is held in by a top premiership manager.

Ferguson is always keen that his better players are looked after properly.

Barry

Barry,

That’s now Steve Bruce, Arsene Wenger, Simon Grayson and now Sir Alex Red-Nose (as well as Darren Ferguson :shock:) who have all entrusted their players with Dickov. I think that speaks volumes..........

Great signing. I'm actually shocked that we have managed to pull this off. Let's see if we can get old Whiskey Nose to lend us a striker as well, i'd take John Cofie if they wanted to let him go. Looks like a very bright prospect.

Is that the 7" bloke from the Green Mile?? Imagine him and Tonk up front?!!!

Barry,

That’s now Steve Bruce, Arsene Wenger, Simon Grayson and now Sir Alex Red-Nose (as well as Darren Ferguson :shock:) who have all entrusted their players with Dickov. I think that speaks volumes..........

We need to sign PD up on a longer deal even if we miss out this season. What he's achieved at this club in the space of a few months is amazing both on and off the pitch.

Barry, are there any other irons in the fire?? Perhaps a striker?! Could you give Lee a call?!

Just a quick one, was Paul rachubka the last player we were leant from Munich? Or was Kenny Cooper? I cant recall many more being sent to us by the red nose prick.

Quality signing, saw him earlier this year against Wolves, looked assured, seemed a little suspect claiming corners, but hes a big lad and commanded his defence well, very rarely launched the ball and made a couple of decent saves

There is a limit to the number of loanees you can have per match day team (or is it squad?) of 5.

We have

Mvoto

Trotman

Evina

White

Touncara

and now Amos

Does this mean that we will be signing one of the loanees permanently I wonder.

Yet again Dickov has pulled off a fantastic loan signing...compare these to the bunch of dead legs and dross that Penney persuaded/bribed last season and it shows how bad the appointment of Penney was!

Dickov has been like a breath of fresh air for me and his signings are top drawer.

I really hope he can pursuade monsieur Wenger to allow Evina to remain for the rest of the season, I believe he went back to the Emirates yesterday to discuss his situation with Arsene. Would be great if we can keep him, but I would also understand it if Arsenal decided to send him on loan to a Championship/lower Premier League club to enhance his development. Fingers crossed Cedric gets the chance to return though!

Brill will now be warming the bench for the rest of the season! Maybe Amos can teach him how to CATCH :shock: the ball rather than punch it high and not very far away.

Just a quick one, was Paul rachubka the last player we were leant from Munich? Or was Kenny Cooper? I cant recall many more being sent to us by the red nose prick.

Quality signing, saw him earlier this year against Wolves, looked assured, seemed a little suspect claiming corners, but hes a big lad and commanded his defence well, very rarely launched the ball and made a couple of decent saves

Same Vs Valencia in the Champs League game – a real assured performance, and even though he was making his Champs debut & is still a little inexperienced, he marshalled the backline really well & looked to have a presence about him, from a commanding point of view, both in physical stature and vocally......

Again, this is a cracking piece of work PD!!!

The one question mark of PD's scouting. Not the fox in the box we need. Tell Taggart he can personally keep 100% of ticket sales income over 4,000 punters if he lets us have Owen for nowt for the season. We'd still capitalise from food/drink sales before pies run out and the odd shirt sale. That or Eaves for final five months.

my point about feeney was more about where the hell is he , send him out on loan rather than warming the bench

If I'm honest I don't know much about Amos but the fact everyone seems so happy with him signing makes me feel positive about this move. It does make me question the future of the loanees other than Trotman, Tonks and M'Voto who are here until end of season. As mentioned above only five loanees can be included in the match day squad so does that mean Evina or White won't be here any longer, permanent deal for either or Dickov going to balance it?

If I'm honest I don't know much about Amos but the fact everyone seems so happy with him signing makes me feel positive about this move. It does make me question the future of the loanees other than Trotman, Tonks and M'Voto who are here until end of season. As mentioned above only five loanees can be included in the match day squad so does that mean Evina or White won't be here any longer, permanent deal for either or Dickov going to balance it?

solution: sign Tonk/Mvoto perm ;)

If we keep all 6 on loan, I expect M'Voto and Trotman will be rotated in and out of the squad depending on which one starts. (When M'Voto is back from injury)

End of the day, Mvoto will be out for 3 weeks at least, so in the meantime there's no worries about maximum loanees in the squad.