United keeper signed for rest of season

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see him starting instead of Brill tomorrow tbh. Mates of mine have said he should of gone to a championship team and that he's got a bright future. Hope he does start against Swinny and Soufffffamptan. I feel very sorry for Brill as sometimes he has mate brilliant saves and quite often gets abitta stick early in games. However, i do think he's the proble at times, i don't hear alot of communication and pre-game against Rochdale in the warm-up, he looked very nervous and as if there was something bothering him or wrong with him. Anyway, I'm behind Dickovs decision tomorrow.

Edited by ah_oafc

I can see him starting instead of Brill tomorrow tbh. Mates of mine have said he should of gone to a championship team and that he's got a bright future. Hope he does start against Swinny and Soufffffamptan. I feel very sorry for Brill as sometimes he has mate brilliant saves and quite often gets abitta stick early in games. However, i do think he's the proble at times, i don't hear alot of communication and pre-game against Rochdale in the warm-up, he looked very nervous and as if there was something bothering him or wrong with him. Anyway, I'm behind Dickovs decision tomorrow.

Really??? :unsure:

Brill it may appear to be, but let's all remember that every keeper makes mistakes.

not every week though diego.

Can anybody please confirm play off dates (now a distinct possibility although automatic promotion would be better :grin: )

Need to book days off work

too soon to get abit giddy dont you think ? :wink:

Where in work in Salford (virtually all reds) they are surprised he has come down to league one. Most rate him better than their second choice keeper.

I'm also amazed he's dropped into League One but, as said before, Ferguson would only let his players go to a place he knows they will be looked after. Think that speaks volumes about Dickov and Taggart....

I'm also amazed he's dropped into League One but, as said before, Ferguson would only let his players go to a place he knows they will be looked after. Think that speaks volumes about Dickov and Taggart....

We can't have been the only club who enquired, and i'd bet there were some premiership and championship clubs in there, so credit has to go to dickov, taggart and corney.

the point about bruce, wenger, ferguson, grayson all lending us some of their best youngsters shows how good dickov is doing. sign him up corney!

this signing has made me want to go tomorrow. he might be able to look confident when austin has beaten our defence.

We can't have been the only club who enquired, and i'd bet there were some premiership and championship clubs in there, so credit has to go to dickov, taggart and corney.

the point about bruce, wenger, ferguson, grayson all lending us some of their best youngsters shows how good dickov is doing. sign him up corney!

this signing has made me want to go tomorrow. he might be able to look confident when austin has beaten our defence.

good signing and he wont be a bench warmer...so one of brill/flemming is on there way....

really really hope we can sign a decent striker now....i know moneys tight but feeneys wasted so much of our budget by doing diddly squat...we need him off the books sharpish...

Good signing. He's probably going to be United's number 2 next season (unless they get 2 goalies in). Fergie will want to keep him local, and whilst he could have gone to a Championship team, there aren't that many local ones.

PNE (where he might have gone if they had kept Fergie jnr.)

Burnley (do they want a new keeper- he's not going to go somewhere to sit on the bench).

Leeds (not likely)

The likes of Hull, Scunny, Barnsley and Boro would all be near enough I reckon, but again none of them want a new goalie (Hull having signed Guzan on loan).

Its a good signing and I think whilst people are mentioning the respect Dicov and Taggart are getting, lets not forget who will be looking after him for 2 days a week and on matchdays- Paul Gerrard

regarding maximum number of loans. I kind of got the impression trot has left Preston as in his interview he said he's sad his Preston career didn't work out. Maybe he's been aloud to go and we've just signed him til end of the season.

Well with Gregans contract being terminated this week you might be onto something it would solve the loan number problem although this is based on hope rather than genuine expectation but nevertheless its a possibility :pray:

Another premiership loan signing this is good its getting the club a reputation for being a breeding ground for young talent which is exactly where a club like us should be going. Its good for the player who gets to experience first team football, and good for the parent club to for the development of said player. Its good for us as we can get up and coming talent on the cheap. Plus building these types of links allows us to get hold of any future cast offs of said premiership clubs who could go onto to great things with us. Irwin. Barret, Warhurst, Ritchie Palmer were all cast off from bigger clubs shame nothing came of them mind :blush: But also in recent years Fitz Hall, Ritchie Wellens, Kieron Lee, Dean Furman all released by bigger clubs(creative licence here Wellens originally being at united and Hall being at West Ham). You have to pick them mind because you don't want a Kenny Cooper, Michael Clegg, or Seb Hines :blink:

Edited by GlossopLatic

That website is the pits. The same embedded video advert for cillit bang or something on the same page twice but slightly behind one another and no way of muting or getting rid of the adverts. Couldn't read any of it.

Massive bugbear of mine that.