Andy Todd

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Second Row?

decent cover for if we do get a bad injury to the defense....was always a decent runner and very hard tackler..bit of experience maybe around the training pitch n so on...

aidy white signed till end of season as well....its comming together nicely....just need or would like a striker now

From Perth Glory's website last week:

Perth Glory have released Andy Todd from the final two months of his contract to allow the star defender to sign a new deal before the January transfer window expires.

After playing 15 games this season due to injury, the 36 year old said he’s keen to continue playing football.

“I still believe I can play and I’m hopeful of doing that back home in England,” Todd said.

Perth Glory deputy chairman Lui Giuliani thanked Todd for his wonderful contribution but explained the long lay-off between the end of this Hyundai A-League season and the start of the 2011/12 season meant the club couldn’t commit to a new deal.

“Unfortunately because of the possible eight month lay-off we are not ready to finalise our squad,” Giuliani said.

“Andy is a club champion, a first class professional and we understand his desire to find a new club while the transfer window is still open.

“We wish Andy all the very best and haven’t ruled out the possibility of offering him a new deal in later in the year.”

Todd will not travel with the squad to Wellington tonight as Perth Glory interim head Coach Ian Ferguson continues to build for the future.

“Players from our youth team will definitely be given a chance at this level during the final month of the season,” Ferguson said.

In what turned out to be an outstanding debut season performance, Todd was awarded Perth Glory's 'Most Glorious Player' award for 2009–10 - Wikipedia

Can you imagine the piss-taking if we introduced an award called 'Most Glorious Player'? We have:

Player of the season &

Young player of the season...

...a firm handshake and that's the end of it. Bloody Australians.

i dread to think what he is like on football manager.

gregan gets sent off every other game!

Good signing this, gonna be very vocal we have some massive games comming up.

We need palyers like him when we visit Hudds etc...

Natural leader