Andy Todd

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Jay-Jay Okocha up to? Fetch him in while we're at it.

Nah, too old. He's 37 and has been retired for a few years now. Stern John's 34, that's not really that old for a League One goalscorer. Lee Hughes is 34 and he can still do a job.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Sportal.au website mentions our latest signing in an article published today.

Although Ferguson refused to comment directly, it seems likely Coyne will join Aleks Vrteski, Michael Baird, Andrija Jukic and Andy Todd as the players who have already left the club since the season began.

However, this process of letting players go hasn't come without serious criticism as fans and media commentators have been angered by the treatment of Coyne and reigning club champion Todd.

The Glory initially said 36-year-old Todd was released because the long gap between seasons meant the club could not commit to a new deal for the former Blackburn skipper.

But Ferguson said on Thursday he'd informed Todd he wasn't in the club's future plans after a campaign where he struggled with injuries, the coach saying there was no chance Todd would be looked at again even if there was room in the salary cap.

"Look Andy's moved on now, we've moved on," Ferguson said.

"As I said to Andy, I was going in a different direction again. I wanted to try and get younger players in there, probably a little bit more energy than Andy."

"This year he's been hampered with a few injuries and at 36, I just felt that it might be better if we moved on and try and get somebody else in and that's what we're doing."

"(But) Andy's been top class, he's never once moaned about how he was treated or anything. He's always been professional and he's a lovely lad to have about the place, he was a pleasure to work with."

Full article here - http://www.sportal.com.au/football-news-di...act-saga-109591

Great signing i think, bit of steel and experience in a young and hungry side. Sounds like he'll be great to have around the training ground too!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

He's just been given an eight match ban (deservedly) and it's likely won't play again in Australia.

Edit - to SydneyBlue

Edit again - although with you being in Australia you wouldn've known that long before I did anyway. Doh.

Edited by Crusoe

Can you imagine the piss-taking if we introduced an award called 'Most Glorious Player'? We have:

Player of the season &

Young player of the season...

...a firm handshake and that's the end of it. Bloody Australians.

Not wanting to defend Australians too much but he played for Perth Glory. Cheesy but understandable.

In his LP interview, PD pretty much said that Todd isn't necesaarily going to be playing week in, week out, but will be great at helping the youngsters with advice and a voice in the dressing room and on the training ground. That's how I heard it, anyway. It's always difficult at work. :unsure:

alright lads, I'm a Latics fan living in Perth and have had to suffer watching Perth Glory these past couple of seasons. Todd has been best player at the club since the day he signed, he doesn't look the most mobile but reads the game superbly, he's better and fitter than Gregan ever was. He did miss the start of this season injured but they still want to sign him up again next season (starts August).

Anyway things are looking good over there I may have to start saving for that airfare for the end of May....

ps I'd be letting Taylor go for 500k

alright lads, I'm a Latics fan living in Perth and have had to suffer watching Perth Glory these past couple of seasons. Todd has been best player at the club since the day he signed, he doesn't look the most mobile but reads the game superbly, he's better and fitter than Gregan ever was.

Pah! 'Perth Glory' have had a better centre half than Latics the last few years?!

His career does read a lot like Gregans. Looking forward to seeing him play - I dig the classy(?) veterans.