Shit or Bust?

Anyone else having a disturbing feeling of dejavu?

kind of.....

but i think this time round we have arguably the best manager since royle era.....he is bringing in the right type of players and playing the right style of football....from the start of the season he has always been very coy about expectations....even this week on the league show he said we could be there or thereabouts the playoffs....

but everyone else at the club is now talking openly about promotion......so im hopefull that we are doing it in the correct manor.....we just need people to get onboard and back the team now,give it 100% now home n away...

Good manager & assistants, young ambitious side, quality loan signings with a bit of a buzz back at BP is why were up there. Compare it to when Moore was at Latics and the money that was splashed around then. Most of our players deals are up in the summer so no long contracts and we don't know the finances involved in the loan players contracts. Dickov isn't on the top money as stated at the start of the season so I don't think we have to worry too much about the club going bust.

Might be famous last words but I think we'll be okay.

Not really. 20th would mean even more fans deserting the club, a lack of faith in the manager, players we can't shift (moreso) and less hope for the next season. If someone had offered me seventh place going into this season I'd have taken it happily.

Good manager & assistants, young ambitious side, quality loan signings with a bit of a buzz back at BP is why were up there. Compare it to when Moore was at Latics and the money that was splashed around then. Most of our players deals are up in the summer so no long contracts and we don't know the finances involved in the loan players contracts. Dickov isn't on the top money as stated at the start of the season so I don't think we have to worry too much about the club going bust.

Might be famous last words but I think we'll be okay.

I also think that this season has seen a bit of belt tightening.

We certianly have splashed the cash in terms of wages in recent January windows it seems to me, not so much this season.

In past seasons we have seent he likes of

Jan 10 paid for COG, and Jim Goodwin I suspect was on a fair whack, JAson Price I think was

Jan 09 Dean Windass and Scott golborne you would think not, but suspect he might have been highly paid

Jan 08 Livermore would have been on a good deal and Ricketts, definately

Jan 07 Greegs we know was on a lot at the start

Being honest it is not as bad as I recall it at the time

The points re fans, progress and money per position (although it's not that much) are all valid. And hopefully the less tangible feeling of progress despite not going up would stay with fans.

However, after all that, we'd still be starting all over again in League One in August without any real idea whether it'll be a good or bad season.

The points re fans, progress and money per position (although it's not that much) are all valid. And hopefully the less tangible feeling of progress despite not going up would stay with fans.

However, after all that, we'd still be starting all over again in League One in August without any real idea whether it'll be a good or bad season.

So its only progress if we are in a position to build on it next season which means keeping hold of the best players footballing wise and not going into administration from a more general club point of view?

• 2 months later...