Carlisle game £2 Admission for EVERYONE

This one is. I'm going anyway and would much rather be amongst a big crowd than another 3,000 gate, like last Tuesday. How much other people have paid is of no concern to me.

One more season ticket holder here who has exactly the same POV.

It’s of no concern to me how much other people are paying; I’ve already made my saving by getting the ST in advance; these promotions only seek to drive up the attendances & i’m all for it. The fans in Oldham & from surrounding areas (you know; from faraway places like Ashton ;-) ) and who currently don’t attend due to the costs involved surely cant have any more excuses at just £2 entry; surely?

Get down to BP; pay your £2 and keep me company; as the last Tues night game we had; the attendance was utterly disappointing; but the performance was the exact opposite!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that half-term week for local schools too?

Think half term is the week after.

I'm a season ticket holder too, and think this offer is great, anything (within reason) to get more bodies down to Boundary Park, to support us will be good.

If they like what they see, then some of them will pass on the word, and come back themselves.

Depending on what impact it has, and the type of game it is, then repeating it on a Saturday (maybe for a fiver), when more people and kids will have the opportunity to go, would be a good follow up.

How about:

Saturday February 26th v Peterborough

then March 19th v Brighton

You can't do it for every game, it's got to make an impact and be worthwhile.

So we get a bigger crowd to see us beat of two rivals at the top end of the Division

:wink:

The offers for the 2 games before Xmas a few years ago got me in and got me hooked.

Now a season ticket holder.

No issues with the same happening.

Hopefully the club will look to collect fan details and market season tickets to them for next season's campaign .... assuming there is one!

Fine with it as long as nobody sits in my seat....

This is a good point, whilst I'm aware it takes time and therefore money, perhaps something could be done about this, I'm not sure what though.

Having said that for the Dale game two seats near to where I was sitting were sold twice.

Fine with it as long as nobody sits in my seat....

Does it really matter? I was a season ticket holder in the RRE last season and sat in my seat about once all season. It isn't gonna sell out and there are likely plenty of seast free giving the exact same view as you would have normally. A perfect example of people making a fuss over nothing is "fat family" who sit in the RRE (or did last season). Every time anyone was sat in their seats "fat man" would walk up to them and say "move" (nothing else just "move") when there were plenty of seats giving the exact same view that they could have just sat in. There was a great moment one game however when he got people to move then realised him and his family were actually on the wrong row. He then moved more people so he could sit in the right seats, what a nice guy.

Not having a go at you particularly I just don't get the whole obsession people have with being in the exact same seat every game. Unless you get a poorer view it just like an irrelevance to me.

This is a good point, whilst I'm aware it takes time and therefore money, perhaps something could be done about this, I'm not sure what though.

Having said that for the Dale game two seats near to where I was sitting were sold twice.

Sorry, was trying out doing a tongue-in-cheek post without a smiley. I haven't the slightest idea where my seat even is! :lol:

booooo working 2-10 that week,bloody typical.....but big well done for getting this done,midweek game might bring a few out the woodwork....no doubt season ticket holders wont be happy.

I'm a season ticket holder and am very happy for the club to do this, anything that gets more people watching the team while we are playing well and entertaining is all good in my book.

I've added it to Hot Deals UK for a bit of extra coverage. Get voting HOT to get it on the main page as a HOT deal.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-entry-fo...15th-feb/871046

Beat me to it!

Do some online shopping via the link in my signature and PlayerShare can get topped up as well.

(totally unrelated, but nobody's clicked on it today so I thought I'd post a reminder)

Edited by opinions4u

Does it really matter? I was a season ticket holder in the RRE last season and sat in my seat about once all season. It isn't gonna sell out and there are likely plenty of seast free giving the exact same view as you would have normally. A perfect example of people making a fuss over nothing is "fat family" who sit in the RRE (or did last season). Every time anyone was sat in their seats "fat man" would walk up to them and say "move" (nothing else just "move") when there were plenty of seats giving the exact same view that they could have just sat in. There was a great moment one game however when he got people to move then realised him and his family were actually on the wrong row. He then moved more people so he could sit in the right seats, what a nice guy.

Not having a go at you particularly I just don't get the whole obsession people have with being in the exact same seat every game. Unless you get a poorer view it just like an irrelevance to me.

Yeah it would actually because I have a really good seat! :grin: