A Statement from OAFC Directors

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do not feel that a solution can be achieved with the current administration, although we do believe that potential alternative options could be developed with the right people. Therefore we cannot make any further comment ourselves at this stage and have placed the matter in the hands of our solicitors.

Thats a bit cryptic isn't it...

A ground sharing next year look almost cast iron now. Which is sad...

Looking forward to a groundshare to be quite honest.. if its with the right people.

Curzon Ashton or Stalybridge please!

Do you even think the 3-4000 Oldhamers who attend now will travel to Ashton or Stalybridge or Rochdale? It won't happen.

OAFC Director's Statement

Sounds like they are very keen to leave the borough. I'm very uncertain at the haste of all this.

haste!!!!

come off it macca....they have taken advice since the ruling came back......they are very damning of the council and the way it has handled this..why???? because they were led along a path that was suggested it was viable to do,so they made a purchase of 3.5 million pounds to buy the lancaster club..only for the council to shaft them by not doing there part properly.....

they have taken due deliberations and concluded that,they dont want to waste anymore money on white elephants.....and would rather cut losses by groundsharing in the immediate future to safeguard the long term of the club....

this gives the council two options.......either find an alternative workable piece of land to build the new ground and its facilities.......or let the club walk away from the town and incurr the wrath of the populas for nailing the biggest nail into the coffin so far.....

its all one upmanship designed to make the council buckle and give us what we want.

This is about to get messy very messy :unsure:

especially as the council statement said totally the opposite. i hope the club know what they're doing because i don't want to move out of oldham, and the council don't want that either.

We are exploring realistic possibilities for next season, including ground sharing which, at this stage, seems to be the likeliest option for us.

does this mean that this is our last season at BP, because it sounds that way?

Do you even think the 3-4000 Oldhamers who attend now will travel to Ashton or Stalybridge or Rochdale? It won't happen.

This !

Sad, sad day.

I just hope this 'statement' is one that is designed to make the council do all it can to help keep the club in the town.

haste!!!!

come off it macca....they have taken advice since the ruling came back......they are very damning of the council and the way it has handled this..why???? because they were led along a path that was suggested it was viable to do,so they made a purchase of 3.5 million pounds to buy the lancaster club..only for the council to shaft them by not doing there part properly.....

they have taken due deliberations and concluded that,they dont want to waste anymore money on white elephants.....and would rather cut losses by groundsharing in the immediate future to safeguard the long term of the club....

this gives the council two options.......either find an alternative workable piece of land to build the new ground and its facilities.......or let the club walk away from the town and incurr the wrath of the populas for nailing the biggest nail into the coffin so far.....

its all one upmanship designed to make the council buckle and give us what we want.

I hope that you are right.

I suppose I need to hear more facts of what OAFC plan to do before I can decide anything for myself. It's all very cloudy out there.

:censored:ing ground sharing. Well for me that means we will never have our own ground again. Sooner the club be put up for sale the way it is and take our chances. Nobody likes a smart arse but said we'll be ground sharing from the off. Promised football at BP for 10 years.

:censored:ing ground sharing. Well for me that means we will never have our own ground again. Sooner the club be put up for sale the way it is and take our chances. Nobody likes a smart arse but said we'll be ground sharing from the off. Promised football at BP for 10 years.

i understand your intentions lags i really do....

but im seeing this as political willy waving....brinksman ship.....the owners know the council cant afford to go to court after the vance millar fiasco.....

the council come out to distance themself from it by saying oh we never said it was 100% it would happen...

and now the owners have come out and hinted very strongly about what could happen sooner rather than later....knowing full well they just have to sit back and watch the backlash unfold on the council from anyone and everyone...

the hint that "we cant work with the present administration" says to me they may well be able to work with others after the may elections....

the council are now being forced to open up land it owns,and to give us what we want within the borough....

Corney said that if Failsworth ended up being a no-goer he would keep the club at Boundary Park and make the club cut its cloth accordingly. Now that would mean a player salary budget reduced even further, but it would have to be better than moving out of the Borough or ground sharing.

Said the same, we were promised we wouldn't be forced to ground share, that we would play at BP until the new ground was ready. So bearing in mind it'd still take longer than 12 months to get it all sorted so even if Failsworth was approved we'd be looking at 2 years minimum, yet again the goalposts have been moved AGAIN and everyone is to blame again but the club. (Whether the land was worth 18 million or 180 million, there was still the scope to develop the BP on a much smaller scale - I mean FFS a viable and workable solution was presented to the club for a new stand, but nooooo all eggs in one basket) I hope this is brinkmanship, but I fear it's not. The council know they have :censored:ed up big-time, but this move of ground-sharing will kill the club without a plan in place. We're struggling to get 4,000 fans in our OWN stadium in OLDHAM. How many daft bastards are going to go and watch us ground-sharing in Rochdale or Ashton?

Our own ground is one thing, new facilities in town or outside may attract more fans.

The solution? Sit down with the council and settle out of court. The council pays for the work to patch BP up and secure the certificates in the Chaddy and Main Stand to at least get us through to the 2014 deadline… anything else and whether Corney and co like it, unless we stay at BP until 2014 we've been short-changed.

I had a vision of what ground-sharing would be like at Stalybridge yesterday and it wasn't pretty imagining it. I think for the best we should allow Corney and Co. to walk away at the end of the season, sell their land AROUND BP, and leave us to take a chance on BP. It won't happen, but neither will fans in great numbers following us to play temporarily to Stalybridge or Rochdale. Anything further afield would be laughable.

I'd welcome our own new ground inside or outside the town, but to rush into a ground share move is wrong. It stinks of yet another cost-cutting ploy

Ground-sharing will kill the club...

Edited by oafcprozac