A Statement from OAFC Directors

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think that our 1st season back in the championship and we will be playing in front of 1,000 at Curzon Ashton vs Derby, in a game where we would get upwards of 7k we have to lock people out and barely rake in any revenue cos the ground aint big enough, all because we refuse to get a new safety certificate

YET again we have no reason as to WHY we have to all of a suddent leave BP for NEXT SEASON - Corney is gonna get an ear bashing at the forum I can tell you!

Gonna be an interesting night….

When do FSCUM move out of Gigg Lane, as that would open two more options up.

Speaking to one of their fans at work they had all but agreed to move to Staleybridge this season but at the last minute it collapsed. They are paying 5k a game at gigg lane.

Is Mossley even worth consideration 4000 capacity? not saying a good idea but havent seen it mentioned whilst Curzon, Vegas has?

Yes please!

Seriously though, only seats 200, so a no-goer (assuming the info about us not being allowed to use terracing is right).

How about Valley Parade? :grin:

Can someone tell me why the club are looking to move away from Boundary Park in such a rush?

Has this theory been thrown up yet - the BP land has already been sold??

Would explain why there was such reliance on Failsworth and why there will be "no football at BP next season".

Edited by JoeP

:lol:

the directors are getting serious

'outside the borough' and where and what do they mean by that?

and why the sudden rush to move out of BP all of a sudden when we where gonna play there next season anyway?

its not a sudden rush to leave boundary park it has been plan A since the owners took over they have let boundary park fall into a state of disrepair 10 years football at boundary park they said when they took over that 10 years is up so i am afraid we will be left up :censored: creek without a paddle the sale of boundary park is of prime importance to the owners not redevelopment this has been obvious for years now i think they are getting desperate and anywhere will do

Thats fair enough Latics fanatic but I cant see any of these options happening.

When the directors say they will move out of the borough doesn't mean they will move next door to tameside, we could end up anywhere like warington or even salford.

How far away from wimbledon is milton kenes?

I would rather the club moved to Warrington than Failsworth...

Tell you what... Move to Warrington and I will get a season ticket :)

Thats fair enough Latics fanatic but I cant see any of these options happening.

When the directors say they will move out of the borough doesn't mean they will move next door to tameside, we could end up anywhere like warington or even salford.

How far away from wimbledon is milton kenes?

I'm sure the FA changed the rules after the Milton Keynes move so that a clubs permanent home must be within 8 miles of the towns centre